Thanks, you too :smile:
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Thanks, you too :smile:

Cheers:biggrin:
Is it me or has this academic year gone really fast?:confused:
Reply 143
Original post by H.Ibrahim

Yeah, I feel that as well. Do you think it's a good or bad thing?
Original post by YNM96
Yeah, I feel that as well. Do you think it's a good or bad thing?

At first I thought it was a good thing as we made academic progress, but not thinking back at it, time is moving waayyyyyy too fast. The exams are around the corner and so is UCAS, it's getting stressful. What are your thoughts?
Reply 145
At first I thought it was a good thing as we made academic progress, but not thinking back at it, time is moving waayyyyyy too fast. The exams are around the corner and so is UCAS, it's getting stressful. What are your thoughts?

To a certain degree I feel that it's good because Im getting tired of school , I want to move on to university, but on the other hand I feel a sort of loss of control over my life...

Yeah, it has. About 10 weeks until my exams start :afraid:
Does anyone know how they allocate which University your host is during the Summer School if you get in:smile:? Do you get any choice in the matter? It seems from the website you only go to one - "US Summer School at either MIT, Yale University or Harvard"
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LevCrofts
Does anyone know how they allocate which University your host is during the Summer School if you get in:smile:? Do you get any choice in the matter? It seems from the website you only go to one - "US Summer School at either MIT, Yale University or Harvard"

It is only one, and I think they allocate you according to your interests. Those who are interested in humanities, to Yale, and those who are more scientific, to Harvard or MIT. Of course there will be room for input and dialogue from you though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is only one, and I think they allocate you according to your interests. Those who are interested in humanities, to Yale, and those who are more scientific, to Harvard or MIT. Of course there will be room for input and dialogue from you though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh right, makes sense:smile: Thanks
Guys I just want to say once again best of luck to you all. Feel free to send me a message when you find out decisions. If you make it, fantastic! If you don't, it's not the end of the world and if you want to still look at the US I can go through other potential options with you :smile: The competition is incredibly tough and if you don't receive the news you were hoping for please don't give up!

Also don't worry about which college you'll stay at in the summer as you'll visit lots of other campuses. I stayed at Yale but visited Harvard, Princeton, Columbia, Amherst (could have chosen Mount Holyoke or Smith) and Barnard as well as meeting representatives from all over at the Harvard college fair :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah, it has. About 10 weeks until my exams start :afraid:

Yep 3 months left sounds relatively far away, but it honestly isn't!:eek: That's exactly what I thought last year BOOM! 2 weeks before my exam I was like "Wait....What?"
Yep 3 months left sounds relatively far away, but it honestly isn't!:eek: That's exactly what I thought last year BOOM! 2 weeks before my exam I was like "Wait....What?"

Well, for my exams two years ago I was quite prepared when I eventually gave myself a kick up the backside into doing some revision. I'll need to do the same this year :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, for my exams two years ago I was quite prepared when I eventually gave myself a kick up the backside into doing some revision. I'll need to do the same this year :colondollar:

that's exactly what I need to do!
I also went on the US programme (Yale Week) last year. Any questions, let me know :smile: I'd be happy to answer any questions!
Original post by __itsamber
I also went on the US programme (Yale Week) last year. Any questions, let me know :smile: I'd be happy to answer any questions!

Hey, did you have to the ACT practice whilst in the week? or the real thing?
You just do a practice test and you're given prep materials to help you revise for the real thing which you do at a later residential :smile: Your scores will be looked at but they won't be the sole deciding factor to see if you'll continue on the programme. The ST tries to mirror the programme as closely as possible to the actual college process so it's very holistic and broad; as I've already said, a good score doesn't guarantee you a place and a bad score doesn't mean you automatically lose one either
(edited 10 years ago)
How do you confirm your attendance on the programme? They have asked us to in the email but said to email them back if we can't make the dates. Does this mean I don't have to do anything since I'm available? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
How do you confirm your attendance on the programme? They have asked us to in the email but said to email them back if we can't make the dates. Does this mean I don't have to do anything since I'm available? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume you don't have to do anything :biggrin:
Original post by tara8000
I assume you don't have to do anything :biggrin:

Are you not doing anything then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply