The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Nursing degree

Hey, I just wondered if anyone else has applied for the nursing degree to start in September 2014? I've applied and I'm waiting oh so anxiously to hear if I've got an interview.. I'm so nervous, I keep furiously checking my emails!
Reply 1
Original post by Rachael2508
Hey, I just wondered if anyone else has applied for the nursing degree to start in September 2014? I've applied and I'm waiting oh so anxiously to hear if I've got an interview.. I'm so nervous, I keep furiously checking my emails!

I've applied as well to York for adult nursing. When was your application sent off?
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by bbamy
I've applied as well to York for adult nursing. When was your application sent off?

Hey, ah that's awesome :smile: it's been nearly a month now, I'm so anxious haha! When did you send yours off?
Reply 3
Hey, ah that's awesome :smile: it's been nearly a month now, I'm so anxious haha! When did you send yours off?

Are you applying for adult? Mine was sent off at the beginning of October so they're taking their time to get back to us, I wonder if they're waiting for the deadline. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by bbamy
Are you applying for adult? Mine was sent off at the beginning of October so they're taking their time to get back to us, I wonder if they're waiting for the deadline. :smile:

Yeah, applying for adult. I've heard from none of mine so far haha, I know it hasn't been that long but it's giving me itchy feet!!
Reply 5

Yeah, applying for adult. I've heard from none of mine so far haha, I know it hasn't been that long but it's giving me itchy feet!!

Awww, where have you applied for? I've just seen in another thread that York are trying to arrange interviews before Christmas but they might not be able to so we're going to have a long wait, I've heard back from all my other universities and I really like York so it's annoying that I have to wait so long!
Reply 6
hiya i have an unconditional for mental health nursing at york starting september 2014! :biggrin: i had my interview at the beginning of march last year and then found 2 weeks later!
Anyone looking for a 24 year old female house mate?
Reply 7
Anyone know what bursaries/loans are available to nursing students?
Hi, Have you had an interview for adult nursing at York yet? I'm still waiting for a reply off them and I'm getting a little nervous now. Thanks :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by EmilyLouise1993x
Hi, Have you had an interview for adult nursing at York yet? I'm still waiting for a reply off them and I'm getting a little nervous now. Thanks :smile:

Hey! Funny you should ask, I was just thinking about when on earth I might hear back from them, lol. I've heard back from all of my choices, except York! Annoying, I'm also getting a little anxious now. Is York your first choice? Good luck, I'll give you a shout if I hear anything!
Hey! Funny you should ask, I was just thinking about when on earth I might hear back from them, lol. I've heard back from all of my choices, except York! Annoying, I'm also getting a little anxious now. Is York your first choice? Good luck, I'll give you a shout if I hear anything!

Same, York is the only one that needs to get back to me! I'm torn between York and Huddersfield, you? I saw on another thread that someone applied in November and got an interview 2 days ago. I didn't apply until December so I'm not too worried now:smile: When did you apply?
Reply 11
Same, York is the only one that needs to get back to me! I'm torn between York and Huddersfield, you? I saw on another thread that someone applied in November and got an interview 2 days ago. I didn't apply until December so I'm not too worried now:smile: When did you apply?

Awesome :smile: have you got an offer for Huddersfield? I'm really unsure of my first choice, I've got offers from Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge and Sheffield Hallam, plus an interview for University of Birmingham coming up! So I'll wait and see :smile: do you think York is hard to get into?! I've heard that it is! I applied in late November sometime, fingers crossed we'll both hear soon!!
Reply 12
Hey. I applied end of November for adult nursing at York they sent me interview date last week for March. Does anyone know if there is a Numeracy test here and what it consists of. Thanks :smile: x
Awesome :smile: have you got an offer for Huddersfield? I'm really unsure of my first choice, I've got offers from Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge and Sheffield Hallam, plus an interview for University of Birmingham coming up! So I'll wait and see :smile: do you think York is hard to get into?! I've heard that it is! I applied in late November sometime, fingers crossed we'll both hear soon!!

No, Huddersfield haven't got back to me yet but they said if I don't hear within 3 days I'm either on the reserve or I've got a place so it's not looking too bad😁 That's soo good! What are you predicted? My friend goes to Birmingham and my cousin goes to Cambridge and they both love them! Yeah, I've heard York is hard to get into as we'll. Hopefully we do👍
Reply 14
No, Huddersfield haven't got back to me yet but they said if I don't hear within 3 days I'm either on the reserve or I've got a place so it's not looking too bad😁 That's soo good! What are you predicted? My friend goes to Birmingham and my cousin goes to Cambridge and they both love them! Yeah, I've heard York is hard to get into as we'll. Hopefully we do👍

Ohh cool! Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: where else did you apply to? I haven't got any A levels, I'm doing an access to HE course at the moment cos I'm 22, so technically a 'mature student', haha. How about you?
Reply 15
Original post by beck95
Hey. I applied end of November for adult nursing at York they sent me interview date last week for March. Does anyone know if there is a Numeracy test here and what it consists of. Thanks :smile: x

I had an interview York about a week ago and I applied in October they were the last university to get back in touch with me too! On the interview I went to we didn't have to do a maths or English test just group activity and individual interview :-)
Reply 16
Original post by Rhiana92
I had an interview York about a week ago and I applied in October they were the last university to get back in touch with me too! On the interview I went to we didn't have to do a maths or English test just group activity and individual interview :-)

Oh great thanks! :smile:
Ohh cool! Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: where else did you apply to? I haven't got any A levels, I'm doing an access to HE course at the moment cos I'm 22, so technically a 'mature student', haha. How about you?

I received a conditional offer yesterday:smile: I applied for leeds, man met, York and Salford as well, you? Neither have I, I'm doing a Level 3 BTEC in health and social care! I turn 21 two days before the start date so I'll be a 'mature student' too. Have you had any offers yet?

Quick Reply

Latest