The Student Room Group

*MEGATHREAD* - The Official 2014 Medicine Interview Preparation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Worth looking into 'non-essential' surgery after the news of the boom in cosmetic procedures e.g. should the NHS fund non-essential surgery.

I've had all my interviews now - such a relief to be able to forget about the intricacies of medical ethics and to take an eye off the BBC Health page!
Reply 1861
Hello everyone, I received an interview for RCSI. Would appreciate any advice for medical school interviews. Thank you
If anyone has any good resources (websites etc) for MMIs they would be much appreciated :smile:
Does anyone have tips/pointers for Bristol mmi... I know they test manual dexterity :s but how is that done? Also does anyone have tips for a maths section? Much appreciated 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1864
Do you think saying nurses to 'what profession inspired you from the mdt' is an answer that warrants straight fail?

For some reason I didn't want to say docs because I felt they'd feel like in just sucking up lol

They did ask why not nurse next and I feel I gave a decent answer
Reply 1865
Original post by blueberrysro
If anyone has any good resources (websites etc) for MMIs they would be much appreciated :smile:

Someone posted a bunch of really good resources here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1963360

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MX123
Do you think saying nurses to 'what profession inspired you from the mdt' is an answer that warrants straight fail?

For some reason I didn't want to say docs because I felt they'd feel like in just sucking up lol

They did ask why not nurse next and I feel I gave a decent answer

You are applying to study medicine not nursing so it's not surprising that you were inspired by the doctors at the MDT meeting. However it's also important you appreciate that nurses are very valuable to the team.
Reply 1867
Original post by medicdreamer
You are applying to study medicine not nursing so it's not surprising that you were inspired by the doctors at the MDT meeting. However it's also important you appreciate that nurses are very valuable to the team.

Yeh I agree, just thought it would be blindingly obvious that I was inspired by doctors and wanted to say something diff from other 800 odd applicants, hopefully the point I was trying to make was understood
Hi, I have my interview at Birmingham next week and I'm not sure if i'm preparing enough for the data interpretation station. How have you prepared for similar stations? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1869
Original post by Shivani Kotecha
Hi, I have my interview at Birmingham next week and I'm not sure if i'm preparing enough for the data interpretation station. How have you prepared for similar stations? Thanks :smile:

I don't think you can prepare for the data interpretation really, its about maths skills GCSE level. :smile:
Looks like I'm back in this thread for the next couple of weeks. Imperial on the 19th and Barts on 25th 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0612
I don't think you can prepare for the data interpretation really, its about maths skills GCSE level. :smile:

Ah ok! Thanks :smile:
I have the Leicester MMI in 5 days.
Any tips specific to the university?

For example, why I should I have chosen it over london universities (you have a great park, very nice)?
Hi everyone,
Does the grade you get in General studies A level effect you entry in medicine.Even if you get a D/C.
Also on my personal statement and UCAS application I put down I am doing the EPQ, however I am not going through with the research qualification now, will it effect my acceptance into med school? if the offer is AAA
Thankyou in advance xxx
Reply 1874
Original post by Amaracoco
Hi everyone,
Does the grade you get in General studies A level effect you entry in medicine.Even if you get a D/C.
Also on my personal statement and UCAS application I put down I am doing the EPQ, however I am not going through with the research qualification now, will it effect my acceptance into med school? if the offer is AAA
Thankyou in advance xxx

General studies won't matter. All they want is 3a's and some schools a b/a at as. So if you have a in bio chem maths and a in say physivs at as, and then your general studies d it won't matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sandrabondaruk
Why is the BBC health website no longer available?!

OMG ! It's discontinued !!!! WTF that is not right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hello101
OMG ! It's discontinued !!!! WTF that is not right

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's still working on my app
Original post by Miel Purple
It's still working on my app

Ok ? I jus went on my phone ( web not app)...
Interesting it might be a DNS or maybe jus carrying on as an app

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hello101
Ok ? I jus went on my phone ( web not app)...
Interesting it might be a DNS or maybe jus carrying on as an app

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read the note on the website. It's been stopped because they ended up copy/pasting and linking to other websites for most of their articles. No original content-> website not of interest.
Original post by malik8050
Read the note on the website. It's been stopped because they ended up copy/pasting and linking to other websites for most of their articles. No original content-> website not of interest.

Yea thanks for that but I think bbc was really imp. Coz they used to simplify things so used to be a good way to start reading up on a topic... Sad to see it go

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending