The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Which panel are you guys on for the interview? I am on panel 5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Original post by DackSploit
Apparently the Sheff interview is really chilled out. I can't wait until my interview!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know that? :redface: I'm quite anxious haha!
Reply 102
Apparently the Sheff interview is really chilled out. I can't wait until my interview!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope so! My previous panel interview didn't go very well, aha.
I heard some people got into Dentistry last year at Sheffield and Liverpool with AAB? Is this true
Reply 104
Sheff stats are something like 190-200 interviewees...for 120-130 offers!?!? Quite a high probability in getting an offer tbf BUT al depends on how we alll fair in the interview eyyy
Reply 105
Original post by Akash16
Sheff stats are something like 190-200 interviewees...for 120-130 offers!?!? Quite a high probability in getting an offer tbf BUT al depends on how we alll fair in the interview eyyy

You heard the numbers from the open day?
Reply 106
Original post by Wintabix
You heard the numbers from the open day?

Naa although check the website, it does say up to 200 applicants will be interviewed! And also others who attended the open day have said that figure too...so Im assuming its relatively reliable :P
Are people gonna go on the tour before they have the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are people gonna go on the tour before they have the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm planning on going. Want to see it again and weigh everything up. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Greg Robertson
Yeah I'm planning on going. Want to see it again and weigh everything up. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but my interview is at 4 lol. I didn't go to the open day so I wanna see everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
I heard some people got into Dentistry last year at Sheffield and Liverpool with AAB? Is this true

Yep for sheffield not sure about liverpool though!!!
Reply 111
Original post by alevels1
Yep for sheffield not sure about liverpool though!!!

ooo where did you hear this from?
Reply 112
Posted from TSR Mobile
I know who someone who got offered AAB from Sheffield last year :smile:
Reply 113
Posted from TSR Mobile
I know who someone who got offered AAB from Sheffield last year :smile:

Ahh right that sounds really good, I've heard that they accepted people through clearing last year. May I ask what could the reason your friend got offered AAB? Could it be because of her interview?etc
Reply 114
Original post by Wintabix
Ahh right that sounds really good, I've heard that they accepted people through clearing last year. May I ask what could the reason your friend got offered AAB? Could it be because of her interview?etc

I didn't really no her that well, but I think it was the interview!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
I didn't really no her that well, but I think it was the interview!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, wow that sounds amazing though!
I replied to my email saying "I will be attending my interview on the above date and time" but I didn't receive a confirmation email. Anyone else the same?
Reply 117
Original post by Chinchillerz
I replied to my email saying "I will be attending my interview on the above date and time" but I didn't receive a confirmation email. Anyone else the same?

Same here mate, I replied with the exact same message, nothing less nothing more but I didn't get a reply. I'm assuming it's the same for everyone.*
Does anyone know if they could ask any ethical questions on the interview?
My cousins friend got into Sheffield last year and she said the interview is calm! You should expect an ethical question tho..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
I have my interview next Friday and I'm on Panel 2... getting nervous but I guess we just have to be ourselves and flaunt what experience and knowledge we have :P Good luck to everyone! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest