The Student Room Group

Stressed- exams coming up

I'm really stressed out. My exams are coming up and I want to do really well in all 4 of them. My unit 1 exams are in May and my unit 2's are in June and I want to cover everything before then. I failed my mocks because I didn't really take them seriously. I am aiming to get an A in sociology, B in psychology, A in biology and B/C in chemistry. Is there enough time to have everything covered until May/June and does anybody know any really good revision tips?
Original post by rayam dunya
I'm really stressed out. My exams are coming up and I want to do really well in all 4 of them. My unit 1 exams are in May and my unit 2's are in June and I want to cover everything before then. I failed my mocks because I didn't really take them seriously. I am aiming to get an A in sociology, B in psychology, A in biology and B/C in chemistry. Is there enough time to have everything covered until May/June and does anybody know any really good revision tips?

Hey :smile: I was in your exact position a year ago (but i was studying for 1 AS and 6 A2 exams). I was soooo stressed out and even cried sometimes because the work became so overwhelming. However, the best advice i can give you is to be organised. Make a timetable and stick to it. Or if you find it hard to stick to timetables, do checklists every night for the next day. For example, if you want to cover 4 topics write them down and tick them off as you do them. You've got plenty of time. Do your notes now and when you're done (by easter), go over them sooo many times and do every single past paper you can get your hands on. Flashcards are also amazing for memorising things (they're like a fiver on amazon).

I did sociology and got an A* so if your exam board is aqa, I may be able to help you with that. I also did psychology so if your exam board is ocr, message me :smile: Good luck!! xoxo
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Secretnerd123
Hey :smile: I was in your exact position a year ago (but i was studying for 1 AS and 6 A2 exams). I was soooo stressed out and even cried sometimes because the work became so overwhelming. However, the best advice i can give you is to be organised. Make a timetable and stick to it. Or if you find it hard to stick to timetables, do checklists every night for the next day. For example, if you want to cover 4 topics write them down and tick them off as you do them. You've got plenty of time. Do your notes now and when you're done (by easter), go over them sooo many times and do every single past paper you can get your hands on. Flashcards are also amazing for memorising things (they're like a fiver on amazon).

I did sociology and got an A* so if your exam board is aqa, I may be able to help you with that. I also did psychology so if your exam board is ocr, message me :smile: Good luck!! xoxo

Thank you so much. I was so stressed I almost cried yesterday. I'll use those revision tips and yes my exam board for sociology is AQA so I'll message you. Sociology is the only mock exam I did well in but I have to make sure I get an A in my real exam. I will message you later, thanks:smile: xo
Reply 3
Read through your notes while doing past paper questions. You'll see that they actually aren't that hard! If you come across something that you can't figure out, ask a teacher.
Original post by TheBBQ
Read through your notes while doing past paper questions. You'll see that they actually aren't that hard! If you come across something that you can't figure out, ask a teacher.

wait, does that really work!!! :eek: i have always wanted to try that out but people say that you become reliant on notes and you wont remember anything:frown:
Reply 5
Original post by TheGameOfScience
wait, does that really work!!! :eek: i have always wanted to try that out but people say that you become reliant on notes and you wont remember anything:frown:

Worked for me, even though I actually crammed in the few days before my AS exams.. still got A's and B's though.

I'll be starting revision in March this year :tongue:
Original post by TheBBQ
Worked for me, even though I actually crammed in the few days before my AS exams.. still got A's and B's though.

I'll be starting revision in March this year :tongue:

i was always thinking of doing that, i did it once and it worked when i was doing a test of 2 units, the unit that i did it for, i managed to answer quite well only got 1 question wrong, but then again, that unit was easy, but so many people have told me not to do that :frown: are you in a2? you are really smart for just cramming and gettin A's , so are you in a2? because i am in a2 and i am revising now, a month before you aha. did you do this method when you were cramming?
Reply 7
i was always thinking of doing that, i did it once and it worked when i was doing a test of 2 units, the unit that i did it for, i managed to answer quite well only got 1 question wrong, but then again, that unit was easy, but so many people have told me not to do that :frown: are you in a2? you are really smart for just cramming and gettin A's , so are you in a2? because i am in a2 and i am revising now, a month before you aha. did you do this method when you were cramming?

Yeah I'm in A2.. also doing full A-level Further Maths this year!

Tbh I just crammed past papers and if I got something wrong or didn't know how to do it I'd just look on the internet. I should have done a lot better to be honest and started revising months before..
Original post by TheBBQ
Yeah I'm in A2.. also doing full A-level Further Maths this year!

Tbh I just crammed past papers and if I got something wrong or didn't know how to do it I'd just look on the internet. I should have done a lot better to be honest and started revising months before..

i'll defo try that out after noting the content, maths is all about practice and understanding, i do sciences at a level other than psychology.
Reply 9
i'll defo try that out after noting the content, maths is all about practice and understanding, i do sciences at a level other than psychology.

I do A2 Maths, Chem, Phys and AS + A2 Further Maths :tongue:

Try it! But obviously different methods work for different people
Original post by TheBBQ
I do A2 Maths, Chem, Phys and AS + A2 Further Maths :tongue:

Try it! But obviously different methods work for different people

i do chem as well! and bio, and psych, when i was referring to units i was talking about my chem units lol, so it defo works for chem so i am defo going to try it out more often, i just dont want to waste my exam past papers, that defo works for me but i am just scared of wasting exam papers, because i want to try some without notes, since i do bio, that method will defo work for that as well! do you do aqa chem?
Reply 11
i do chem as well! and bio, and psych, when i was referring to units i was talking about my chem units lol, so it defo works for chem so i am defo going to try it out more often, i just dont want to waste my exam past papers, that defo works for me but i am just scared of wasting exam papers, because i want to try some without notes, since i do bio, that method will defo work for that as well! do you do aqa chem?

Yeah AQA chem. Just do it with a few until you get into the rhythm of things.
Original post by TheBBQ
Yeah AQA chem. Just do it with a few until you get into the rhythm of things.

but what if you cant answer the majority of questions? usually i can for chem but what if you couldn't and you kept looking at your notes would you still learn/understand?
Reply 13
but what if you cant answer the majority of questions? usually i can for chem but what if you couldn't and you kept looking at your notes would you still learn/understand?

Chemistry can sometimes get a bit complicated, it is better to have a teacher to ask aswell, especially for A2.

As long as you have an idea about what is needed or what topic the question is on, you should be able to figure it out (eventually)
Reply 14
You've plenty of time
Original post by TheBBQ
Chemistry can sometimes get a bit complicated, it is better to have a teacher to ask aswell, especially for A2.

As long as you have an idea about what is needed or what topic the question is on, you should be able to figure it out (eventually)

ahhhh i seee, thanks bbq!!:biggrin: which uni's did you apply for? if you dont mind me asking
Reply 16
ahhhh i seee, thanks bbq!!:biggrin: which uni's did you apply for? if you dont mind me asking

All that stuff is on my profile :tongue:
Original post by TheBBQ
All that stuff is on my profile :tongue:

ohh sorry i dont check profiles as much as i should lol, but congrats on your offer's!
Reply 18
ohh sorry i dont check profiles as much as i should lol, but congrats on your offer's!

Thanks, we're going offtopic so better stop! Don't want any cards..
Original post by TheBBQ
Thanks, we're going offtopic so better stop! Don't want any cards..

what are cards? and ok thank you bbq :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest