The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
I'm so nervous for tomorrow. Keep thinking they're going to ask me a question and I'm just going to go blank.

Also I have no idea what to wear.
when was your interview?
Good Luck For Everyone !!!!!
Hope I Also Get In ... Fingers Crossed
Original post by Muffyn
How was your interview today guys? (I suppose as this is the last day of interviews, we don't need to be secret anymore - at least, we were not told to keep it secret)

Was the overall score out of 500? I saw a lot of 400's while peeking at the test scores.
Original post by Winading001
Was the overall score out of 500? I saw a lot of 400's while peeking at the test scores.

The overall score was out of 520 .... What did you get?
Original post by sharangan106

385. 114 in my English Lit exam (The subject I was interview in today). You?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Muffyn
Whoa whoa whoa. I never saw any test scores?

They were on the sheets(next to your name) on the BIG BROWN table in the middle of the room.(Where the 30 odd interviwees were sitting)

Are you sure. Who told you this. I saw 2 people on the chemistry interview paper with 506 and 500.

Are you sure. Who told you this.
The academic threshold might have been set at 380.
Reply 290
but you got 385 Edit: Oh I see, the minimum score for an interview
(edited 10 years ago)
I know. Anyone below the academic threshold do not get offered an interview. See admission arrangements, paragraph 5.
http://www.harriswestminstersixthform.org.uk/uploads/asset_file/3_0_admissions-policy-final-final-clean-07-oct-13.pdf
Reply 292
Err... 520 seems like a strange number.
According to the admissions policy the ratio of the score of interview to exams is 1:4, so each exam (should) be worth 104 (520/(1+4).
Since Winading001, got 114 on his English Lit exam, it doesn't make sense.
Original post by Mathbomb
According to the admissions policy the ratio of the score of interview to exams is 1:4, so each exam (should) be worth 104 (520/(1+4).

Not unless I read my English score incorrectly.... but I'm confident my English Lit score was in the 100's

What about you? Your score?
You'll just have to wait until the qualification score is published.
They said that a half of the number of people who applied weren't invited.
Reply 297
Original post by Winading001
What about you? Your score?

No idea. All I have is the word of the principal, he didn't go into specifics about the score nor were there any of those sheets with people's names on. I didn't have to sign in either.
No idea. All I have is the word of the principal, he didn't go into specifics about the score nor were there any of those sheets with people's names on. I didn't have to sign in either.

That was why
Original post by GoldenBoom
Are you sure. Who told you this.

When Mr Handscombe came around talking to individuals, a person asked him what the total was and he said the maximum on each paper was 130 (so 130*4 = 520).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending