The Student Room Group

What does it mean if guy says "if you wanted to be a slut, you'd be good at it" ?

??

Scroll to see replies

Certainly doesn't seem complimentary does it. Tell them to sod off and wash their mouth out ..... preferably with bleach.
Personally I think it means your fit, just saying..
Reply 3
Original post by Grim_Squeaker
Certainly doesn't seem complimentary does it. Tell them to sod off and wash their mouth out ..... preferably with bleach.

Really? It wasn't said in a mean way :s-smilie: Just as a statement
Reply 4
A bit more context will definitely help.
Ask the person in question?
Reply 6
Original post by Twenty Three
Personally I think it means your fit, just saying..

It was said as a statement rather than an insult
Either a round about way of saying that you are already a slut, or that you're good in bed? Just my two cents.
Original post by Anonymous
Really? It wasn't said in a mean way :s-smilie: Just as a statement

From face value its not very complimentary shall we say. And it certainly not something Id likely say to anybody, even a mate lol. Context however can be important as the others said :biggrin:
Reply 9
It was said as a statement rather than an insult

I think they mean it as a compliment but I wouldn't take it as one as that's very reductive.
Well, it's certainly not a compliment.

Tell him to **** off and stop judging women for how many guys they've ****ed.The whole term "slut" is just stupid.
Reply 11
It means he's terrible at flirting.
It means what it says. More men than normal would be willing to sleep with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Any woman can be a slut if she wanted to be. It's really not difficult.
Original post by Bassetts

Even the overweight, smelly ones with bad acne?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by jay2013
A bit more context will definitely help.

Without wanting to give too much away, we were talking about our friendship group back home and how a couple of girls had been making snarky comments towards me about me/ my looks, was lamenting how I felt this was true and the above statement was said. It wasn't said in an 'I'm hitting on you' way just to make that clear, just as a matter-of-fact statement.
Reply 16
Original post by NothingToSeeHere
Even the overweight, smelly ones with bad acne?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm overweight (not smelly though and very good skin) and you get lads in
their 20s literally gagging for it on sex-type sites so I'd say yes, probably

men who are just after sex are not very fussy at all imo so it could be seen as an insult as men seem to categorise women into two camps ie those that are good for sex only and those they want relationships/marriage/babies with

If you get put in the slut category you might as well forget it as far as being shown any proper respect goes.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Without wanting to give too much away, we were talking about our friendship group back home and how a couple of girls had been making snarky comments towards me about me/ my looks, was lamenting how I felt this was true and the above statement was said. It wasn't said in an 'I'm hitting on you' way just to make that clear, just as a matter-of-fact statement.

Okay, basically he's saying it as a compliment to negate what those girls said. It's a rather odd compliment, but that's what I think.
Reply 18

For context see my above post ^

Original post by Rascacielos
Either a round about way of saying that you are already a slut, or that you're good in bed? Just my two cents.

Original post by Grim_Squeaker
From face value its not very complimentary shall we say. And it certainly not something Id likely say to anybody, even a mate lol. Context however can be important as the others said :biggrin:

Original post by Chihiro95
I think they mean it as a compliment but I wouldn't take it as one as that's very reductive.

Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Well, it's certainly not a compliment.

Tell him to **** off and stop judging women for how many guys they've ****ed.The whole term "slut" is just stupid.

Original post by may348
It means he's terrible at flirting.

Original post by NothingToSeeHere
It means what it says. More men than normal would be willing to sleep with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Bassetts
Reply 19
Any other opinions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending