The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muffyn
Umm... *laughs uneasily*... you did good, if I had been given that I would probably have said something vague such as "it gives a menacing and gory imagery" aha, and here I was thinking I could maybe switch one of my options to Eng Lit. Le sigh, the days when my favourite subject was English, but not any more...

Oh hey you're back, was wondering where you got to. How was your interview then? :smile:

I'm interested in hearing other English Literature students interpretation of the poem.
Please share :smile:
Reply 321
Original post by Winading001
I'm interested in hearing other English Literature students interpretation of the poem.
Please share :smile:

What was the actual title of the poem anyway?
Original post by Muffyn
What was the actual title of the poem anyway?

London
Original post by Muffyn
Umm... *laughs uneasily*... you did good, if I had been given that I would probably have said something vague such as "it gives a menacing and gory imagery" aha, and here I was thinking I could maybe switch one of my options to Eng Lit. Le sigh, the days when my favourite subject was English, but not any more...

Oh hey you're back, was wondering where you got to. How was your interview then? :smile:

All I can say, is the interview with a big smile on my face.
All I can say, is the interview with a big smile on my face.

JUST FOUND THE POEM! It was by a dude called William Blake. Here is a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_(poem)
Reply 325
JUST FOUND THE POEM! It was by a dude called William Blake. Here is a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_(poem)

Lol, found it the same time as you. :smile:

Here's a full analysis if you want it.

http://www.sparknotes.com/poetry/blake/section9.rhtml
Reply 326
Original post by Muffyn
Lol, found it the same time as you. :smile:

Here's a full analysis if you want it.

http://www.sparknotes.com/poetry/blake/section9.rhtml

Oh hey, somehow I've now been elevated form new member to junior member. happy times.
Original post by Muffyn
Oh hey, somehow I've now been elevated form new member to junior member. happy times.

and likewise, I've been elevated from Junior Member to Full Member. You have a long way to go, Padawan.
Reply 328
and likewise, I've been elevated from Junior Member to Full Member. You have a long way to go, Padawan.

Pffft, you've had longer to post on TSR to your heart's content. and, padawan? Star Wars fan? :cool:
Original post by Muffyn
Pffft, you've had longer to post on TSR to your heart's content. and, padawan? Star Wars fan? :cool:

Star Wars fan for life. And you're right about me posting for longer.
Reply 330
Star Wars fan for life. And you're right about me posting for longer.

I know I am. I checked your profile before I wrote it. :wink:
Original post by Muffyn
Second row, towards the left, but not at the end, maybe 4 or 5 seats from the end. Who were you?

@Winading001 Thanks. I really hope my interviewer thought so too, because it's going to take everything I got in order to bring the abysmal fail that was my physics exam (yes, even without looking at the score sheet I already know I failed it) to elevate everything right back up. I am sure you did well too.

I was the Asian guy sitting right at the end left on the second row. Wearing a blue jacket and black trousers.
Original post by harmingjuli
I was the Asian guy sitting right at the end left on the second row. Wearing a blue jacket and black trousers.

Purple tie?
Reply 333

Did you have the first interview (ie. the one at 9.10) ?

Also, by Asian is that oriental Asian (ie. chinese/japanese etc) ?

If for both qs above are 'no', then I may have talked to you? Was your interview for chemistry?
For those who took History, what was the History exam like?
@winading001. No tie.

@muffyn. My interview was at 9:50, not oriental Asian, i'm south Asian. And yes my interview was for chemistry. Did you get up and move to the back row because you dont like being "alone"?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 336
@winading001. No tie.

@muffyn. My interview was at 9:50, not oriental Asian, i'm south Asian. And yes my interview was for chemistry.

Well how on earth do you not remember me?? I talked to you !!! I asked you (and the guy behind you) " have you guys prepared for the interview yet?"
Reply 337
Original post by Muffyn
Well how on earth do you not remember me?? I talked to you !!! I asked you (and the guy behind you) " have you guys prepared for the interview yet?"

And then you guys shook your heads and that was the end of the conversation. And I wanted to start a conversation with you as well, cause I overheard you were doing chemistry (one of the teachers asked you), and I am thinking of adding chemistry to my 4 A-levels (should HW offer me a place). We could have had an insightful conversation aha. :smile:
Original post by Muffyn

Oh I remember you now. However I think you will remember I did not speak to you, I shook my head. Lol dont get angry. I even remember that you had to prepare at eleven o'clock last night
Reply 339
@winading001. No tie.

@muffyn. My interview was at 9:50, not oriental Asian, i'm south Asian. And yes my interview was for chemistry. Did you get up and move to the back row because you dont like being "alone"?

The only time I got up was at 9:30 (presumably) for my interview. The thirty minutes before that, I was sitting next to a blonde-haired girl who was being interviewed for English Lit. Ehh, she was nice enough, but I needed someone sciencey to talk to (*glares at you for not trying to continue the conversation*). Aha, it's alright, I'm not particularly offended, but it was a missed opportunity, that's all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending