The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lNurl
You know you have to describe yourself first in order to get responses? :colone:

i already got a response :tongue: but how do i know that you might NOT describe what you look like after i describe myself, hmmmm

nonetheless i'll describe myself, medium-light brown hair varies with sunlight, generally medium though, medium brown eyes with prominent limbal rings lighter than your average turks skin, i have fair skin.....

now your turn:colone:
Original post by rosewater1
Yes, your go first :smile:

ahhhh i was hoping to get away with people describing themselves first:tongue:

but i'll describe myself for you:biggrin:, medium-light brown hair varies with sunlight, generally medium brown though, medium brown eyes with prominent limbal rings lighter than your average turks skin, i have fair skin.....

Reply 3362
Original post by TheGameOfScience
i already got a response :tongue: but how do i know that you might NOT describe what you look like after i describe myself, hmmmm

nonetheless i'll describe myself, medium-light brown hair varies with sunlight, generally medium though, medium brown eyes with prominent limbal rings lighter than your average turks skin, i have fair skin.....

Fat and ugly? :smile: is that enough?

Basically dark brown hair and eyes, medium to short height, esmer :smile: Long curly hair. Average looking. :wink:

Here you go
Original post by lNurl
Fat and ugly? :smile: is that enough?

Basically dark brown hair and eyes, medium to short height, esmer :smile: Long curly hair. Average looking. :wink:

Here you go

i dont think you are fat and ugly!! dont put yourself down!! what is 'esmer' and i am average looking too:tongue:
Reply 3364
i dont think you are fat and ugly!! dont put yourself down!! what is 'esmer' and i am average looking too:tongue:

Esmer is brunette with darker skin (I guess) its Turkish word!)

Fun thing: when I did my a level exam for Turkish(maybe it was russian, I don't remember now), I think there was translation from English, fun thing is, I knew the word in Turkish but I did not know what it is in English.
I think it was the word belediye, which should be translated council but I ended up translating it as government because I did not know they call it concuil in English :smile:
Original post by lNurl
Esmer is brunette with darker skin (I guess) its Turkish word!)

Fun thing: when I did my a level exam for Turkish(maybe it was russian, I don't remember now), I think there was translation from English, fun thing is, I knew the word in Turkish but I did not know what it is in English.
I think it was the word belediye, which should be translated council but I ended up translating it as government because I did not know they call it concuil in English :smile:

ohhhhhhh crap, i just realized lol sorry :facepalm:. :lol: loooooooooooll, that happens to the best us at times! you must have been face palming so hard after the test lol, but i can see why you made that mistake, i mean you under a lot of pressure and you know like 3 different languages
ahhhh i was hoping to get away with people describing themselves first:tongue:

but i'll describe myself for you:biggrin:, medium-light brown hair varies with sunlight, generally medium brown though, medium brown eyes with prominent limbal rings lighter than your average turks skin, i have fair skin.....

Dark brown/black hair, dark brown eyes, I have olive/tanned skin but my face is slightly paler, I'm also really small at 5ft2.5 :smile:
Reply 3367
ohhhhhhh crap, i just realized lol sorry :facepalm:. :lol: loooooooooooll, that happens to the best us at times! you must have been face palming so hard after the test lol, but i can see why you made that mistake, i mean you under a lot of pressure and you know like 3 different languages

I had Turkish, russian and English speaking best friends at college. U won't believe how many times I realized i'm talking to English speaking girl in russian, and she is staring at me.
Dark brown/black hair, dark brown eyes, I have olive/tanned skin but my face is slightly paler, I'm also really small at 5ft2.5 :smile:

wooooaaahhhh :eek:lol i am like 6 ft 2or3 i feel like a giant know! aha
Original post by lNurl
I had Turkish, russian and English speaking best friends at college. U won't believe how many times I realized i'm talking to English speaking girl in russian, and she is staring at me.

:lol: looooooooool thats jokess!! i can imagine her face, shee must of had that 'what the...' face, so do you speak more Russian, Turkish or English at home? or all 3? :biggrin:
Reply 3370

I'm 5'3, I though i'm medium. :frown: time to cry
Reply 3371
:lol: looooooooool thats jokess!! i can imagine her face, shee must of had that 'what the...' face, so do you speak more Russian, Turkish or English at home? or all 3? :biggrin:

I speak only Azeri at home.
Russian with friends from uni
English in general
Turkish with no one :frown: I don't know turkish people around, I listen music and sing along to keep my knowledge
Original post by lNurl
I speak only Azeri at home.
Russian with friends from uni
English in general
Turkish with no one :frown: I don't know turkish people around, I listen music and sing along to keep my knowledge

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and thats not true, you speak Turkish with a whole society online!!:wink: so are you interested in learning languages? tbh turkish music gets kinda annoying if you listen to it often! but for you to be able to understand Turkish(the language with one of the hardest pronunciations) and 3 other languages is amazing!
wooooaaahhhh :eek:lol i am like 6 ft 2or3 i feel like a giant know! aha

I'm used to some people being (more or less) a foot taller than me :tongue: :wink:
Original post by lNurl
I'm 5'3, I though i'm medium. :frown: time to cry

I like being small :wink: :tongue:
Reply 3375
I like being small :wink: :tongue:

I like wearing high heels :wink:
Turkish guy. Tallest at 8'3 :laugh:
Reply 3377
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and thats not true, you speak Turkish with a whole society online!!:wink: so are you interested in learning languages? tbh turkish music gets kinda annoying if you listen to it often! but for you to be able to understand Turkish(the language with one of the hardest pronunciations) and 3 other languages is amazing!

Hmm thinking maybe I should record my voice :smile:
Turkish chicks are fiiine
Original post by lNurl
I like wearing high heels :wink:

If you were like 5'8 you would tower over most people with heels :smile: 5'3 you can wear heels and still not be that tall :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending