The Student Room Group

BBC 3 Show - Sexy beasts rant

Hmm

Not so sure whether to put this in TV/society/relationships,but I figured it might just be best put in society as my rant centres around people

Any way, the show sounds good at the start.

Some background:
It's a show that attempt to bring people together by personality only, so contestants spend 3 hours or so in makeup, making them as beastly as possible

First episode:

One girl - three guys. Girl had to choose her "sexy beast"
In this episode, she mentioned how she'd imagine how people look underneath, and the first person to be "rejected" was one of the nicer people imo, and when he was unmasked I could tell that girls would think he looked good, and the "beast" girl looked incredibly shocked as to "Why did I turn him down" and said "If I saw you at a bar, Id definitely hit you up"

At the end, the girl got with her guy, and they went on a date

Second episode - three girls, one guy

Again, the guy had to choose his "sexy beast"

And again, he imagined how people would look like underneath, and again he first rejected the girl who I thought was the best out of all of them, and she turned out to be the prettiest imo as well - she had beauty and brains, but the guy doing the choosing didn't like her on a personal level

Towards the end, the guy was like "This way we choose someone based on personality" etc... and the girl wanted "someone to treat her well" and they never did go on the date, because they all imagined how someone would look like underneath the mask

Don't get me wrong. I think attraction is in part, based on looks, but if people could be honest, that'd be nice, and both times, imo, the first people to go, were the "best" candidates, and the person doing the judging seemed genuinely gutted...

Before someone says any thing about "bitterness" or whatever, I thought that he made a big mistake rejecting the first girl, and an even bigger mistake rejecting her, when he saw what she looked like

People annoy me from time to time. That's the crux of the rant :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
people always annoy other people .....human nature
Reply 2
Original post by de_monies
Hmm

Not so sure whether to put this in TV/society/relationships,but I figured it might just be best put in society as my rant centres around people

Any way, the show sounds good at the start.

Some background:
It's a show that attempt to bring people together by personality only, so contestants spend 3 hours or so in makeup, making them as beastly as possible

First episode:

One girl - three guys. Girl had to choose her "sexy beast"
In this episode, she mentioned how she'd imagine how people look underneath, and the first person to be "rejected" was one of the nicer people imo, and when he was unmasked I could tell that girls would think he looked good, and the "beast" girl looked incredibly shocked as to "Why did I turn him down" and said "If I saw you at a bar, Id definitely hit you up"

At the end, the girl got with her guy, and they went on a date

Second episode - three girls, one guy

Again, the guy had to choose his "sexy beast"

And again, he imagined how people would look like underneath, and again he first rejected the girl who I thought was the best out of all of them, and she turned out to be the prettiest imo as well - she had beauty and brains, but the guy doing the choosing didn't like her on a personal level

Towards the end, the guy was like "This way we choose someone based on personality" etc... and the girl wanted "someone to treat her well" and they never did go on the date, because they all imagined how someone would look like underneath the mask

Don't get me wrong. I think attraction is in part, based on looks, but if people could be honest, that'd be nice, and both times, imo, the first people to go, were the "best" candidates, and the person doing the judging seemed genuinely gutted...

Before someone says any thing about "bitterness" or whatever, I thought that he made a big mistake rejecting the first girl, and an even bigger mistake rejecting her, when he saw what she looked like

People annoy me from time to time. That's the crux of the rant :smile:

Sorry I don't get the point you are making

Are you saying that despite knowing a person was nicer and better looking they still rejected them?

I didn't see the point of this programme as everyone knows that it's invariably people who are of above-average looks who go on programmes like this in the first place.
(edited 10 years ago)
If the people choosing their "beast" are judging people by what they'd possibly look like underneath the mask, aren't they missing the point of the show entirely?
Reply 4
I saw the advert for this and it looks like a really silly idea I don’t get the point of it.
Reply 5
Original post by aeon439
Sorry I don't get the point you are making

Are you saying that despite knowing a person was nicer and better looking they still rejected them?

I didn't see the point of this programme as everyone knows that it's invariably people who are of above-average looks who go on programmes like this in the first place.

My point is that the show was about people liking someone PURELY on personality, and all the time, not much thought was given to their personality - a little was, but not much, and it was "Oh I bet he/she looks like x/y underneath"

And yes, that's true. The people on that show weren't your average member of the public :smile:
Original post by 93jm
I saw the advert for this and it looks like a really silly idea I don’t get the point of it.

Don't think there is a point. It's just the latest in a long line of vapid crap from BBC Three.
Reply 7
Original post by de_monies
My point is that the show was about people liking someone PURELY on personality, and all the time, not much thought was given to their personality - a little was, but not much, and it was "Oh I bet he/she looks like x/y underneath"

And yes, that's true. The people on that show weren't your average member of the public :smile:

I see what you mean

Yes, people who go on TV tend to be all of a type

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending