The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jalouise
Do you think they will take into account your area/free school meals after they have added up scores for the exam and interview or will they take that into account in the process.

I think it would be after they added up your scores an interview.
Reply 401
Ok guys I've literally spent the past few hours just following this thread. Too tired now so will sign off. Good luck to all interviewees. Will probably come back tommororw or in the next few days. Really wish the school would post up chemistry and economics (well not really economics - I mean testing logic) questions of the month soon. Would be very interesting . Bye. :biggrin:
Reply 402
Do you think they will take into account your area/free school meals after they have added up scores for the exam and interview or will they take that into account in the process.

There will be another qualification score.
Those with points because of deprivation or free school meals will have priority over those who don't, but all must reach that qualification score.
Same here. Signing off. Good night
Reply 404
Had my interview for physics at 2pm yesterday. Overall, I think it went well enough. I answered all the general questions with what I think were good enough answers and then I got him on a nice long lecture about space. The bit I did struggle on was the teaching part. I got distracted with that door opening and closing and blanked out and he had to correct me about twice.
Reply 405
I did not see my results on the paper I was kind of nervous and didn't stand there for too long :P Does anyone happen to know if there is anyway I can find out?
We were just learning about 'London' by William Blake this week! That being said, I'm glad I didn't choose English lit for my interview because I would have made only vague assumptions :wink: seriously considering swapping english to history right now :tongue:
From everything I've heard (well, read) it seems like everyone's interviews went well, well done! :smile:
Reply 407
Original post by MudbloodPrincess
We were just learning about 'London' by William Blake this week! That being said, I'm glad I didn't choose English lit for my interview because I would have made only vague assumptions :wink: seriously considering swapping english to history right now :tongue:
From everything I've heard (well, read) it seems like everyone's interviews went well, well done! :smile:

Original post by notamondaygirl
I did not see my results on the paper I was kind of nervous and didn't stand there for too long :P Does anyone happen to know if there is anyway I can find out?

To two people above, how did your interview go?

Original post by Bytecry
Had my interview for physics at 2pm yesterday. Overall, I think it went well enough. I answered all the general questions with what I think were good enough answers and then I got him on a nice long lecture about space. The bit I did struggle on was the teaching part. I got distracted with that door opening and closing and blanked out and he had to correct me about twice.

Same with me. I sorta got stuck on the teaching part. He asked me what topic I wanted to talk about and I said the universe and so he asked me to talk about everything I knew on stars. So I talked about stars' life and he was impressed but I had to go and say it was already on our syllabus (damn, too honest). I was about to tell him my extra research on black holes so he would actually be impressed but he immediately asked about nuclear fusion and that was the end of that. He tried to teach me nuclear fusion and fission and why fusion released more energy than the other. Still baffles me, even though I just nodded along, occasionally asking him questions. Argh, please don't fail me, interviewer!! - I had Mr Ahmed by the way, was that who you had?
Reply 408
Original post by Muffyn
To two people above, how did your interview go?

Same with me. I sorta got stuck on the teaching part. He asked me what topic I wanted to talk about and I said the universe and so he asked me to talk about everything I knew on stars. So I talked about stars' life and he was impressed but I had to go and say it was already on our syllabus (damn, too honest). I was about to tell him my extra research on black holes so he would actually be impressed but he immediately asked about nuclear fusion and that was the end of that. He tried to teach me nuclear fusion and fission and why fusion released more energy than the other. Still baffles me, even though I just nodded along, occasionally asking him questions. Argh, please don't fail me, interviewer!! - I had Mr Ahmed by the way, was that who you had?

Yeah he taught me the same thing. I had Mr Ahmed as well. I just nodded and finished his sentences when I could. I made him go on a nice 2 minute speech about the complexity and size of space.
Reply 409
Original post by Bytecry
Yeah he taught me the same thing. I had Mr Ahmed as well. I just nodded and finished his sentences when I could. I made him go on a nice 2 minute speech about the complexity and size of space.

Ahhha, in our one, our interview ran too long and we had to cut mid-way teaching about the nuclear fusion/fission energy business. Shame, I wanted to carry on. In fact I did do that, I talked about it to him all the way until we reached the waiting room. He was very nice, and yes, I finished any sentences of his I could as well (anticipating it would be his next question). If I did get in, I wouldn't mind being taught by him, he was very inspirational.
I had a very young blonde female teacher for biology, and I talked to her about genome and epigenomes etc. She seemed quite impressed, then she taught me something about protein synthesis, I seemed to pick up on the main points, and there were a couple of details that I missed out, but otherwise it went well. I heard somewhere that as long as you get like 400 and your interview wasn't terrible you probably got accepted. My fingers are crossed for everyone here :smile:
Reply 411
I had a very young blonde female teacher for biology, and I talked to her about genome and epigenomes etc. She seemed quite impressed, then she taught me something about protein synthesis, I seemed to pick up on the main points, and there were a couple of details that I missed out, but otherwise it went well. I heard somewhere that as long as you get like 400 and your interview wasn't terrible you probably got accepted. My fingers are crossed for everyone here :smile:
hope I did enough to get over 400 points then.
Reply 412
Do most of you here already go to a 'Harris' school?

Yes, I go to a harris school, does it affect your chances?
Reply 413

I got her aswell
Reply 414
Original post by Jboyn247
I got her aswell

Care to share your interview experience?
Reply 415
Original post by Jboyn247
Yes, I go to a harris school, does it affect your chances?

No.
That was a concern brought up to the Chemistry Expert on the test day, who dismissed any notion that going to a Harris school either increases or decreases chances of success.
Reply 416
My interview went okay.
Anyone there from 1pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 417
It was on Physics and it was quite short.
I answered his questions and the teaching part was quite straightforward. Then we were done.
I don't know my test score because I came in late and went straight up to the theatre thing where the principal was halfway through talking (awkward). :sigh:
Then I sat alone. Overall, it was pretty fun.
I think the principal was going to talk to me but I was sort of ignoring him accidentally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by As.
My interview went okay.
Anyone there from 1pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My interview was from 1 pm as well. (Technically it began much later-the lecture)
Reply 419
Original post by As.
It was on Physics and it was quite short.
I answered his questions and the teaching part was quite straightforward. Then we were done.
I don't know my test score because I came in late and went straight up to the theatre thing where the principal was halfway through talking (awkward). :sigh:
Then I sat alone. Overall, it was pretty fun.
I think the principal was going to talk to me but I was sort of ignoring him accidentally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how does one ignore somebody "accidentally"? I wanted him to talk to me - I think he likes maths and physics which are two subjects I like - but he was taking too long going around the room talking to people and just as he was about to get to me, I had to go be interviewed.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending