The Student Room Group

Fundraising for world challenge help

In 2015 I'm doing the world challenge in Madagascar to volunteer in communities. Has anyone got any good ideas for fundraising? A variation would be good, some bigger things that need organising and some smaller things would be good aswell. I'm supposed to make around £250 a month to get to the target of £4095. Any help or ideas would be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you going with a group of friends? You could ask a supermarket if they would allow you to do bagpacking on the weekend for a day or so, this can be helpful. You could also ask your school if you could organise a disco, quiz night etc to gain money for your expedition. One of my friends did a poker night at his house where he invited family and friends and charged people £15 odd pounds to play poker and have dinner etc.
Reply 2
Hi! I'm in the exact same situation as you! I'm wanting to go to Ecuador with camps international through sixth form, and it costs £4,300 to go.
I started fundraising this Wednesday, have I've got £40 from door-to-door bake sales.
There's also websites where people can donate money to your fundraising.
Are you scared about not making enough money? I am :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Isha.k
Hi! I'm in the exact same situation as you! I'm wanting to go to Ecuador with camps international through sixth form, and it costs £4,300 to go.
I started fundraising this Wednesday, have I've got £40 from door-to-door bake sales.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I'm terrified!! It's so hard to get the money 😕 and stressful too! I really don't know how I'm going to do it. Cake sales are a good idea, I think I'm going to do one at my school and busk in town or something. Best of luck to you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by moment of truth
Are you going with a group of friends? You could ask a supermarket if they would allow you to do bagpacking on the weekend for a day or so, this can be helpful. You could also ask your school if you could organise a disco, quiz night etc to gain money for your expedition. One of my friends did a poker night at his house where he invited family and friends and charged people £15 odd pounds to play poker and have dinner etc.

Thanks for your suggestion, yeah, I'm going to try and do a bag pack, that should get a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi again! I've created a business idea for my fundraising, I make bracelets and sell them for £1.50, and people actually pay! ImageUploadedByStudent Room1392500803.858485.jpg
I've made £128.73 altogether, and this Wednesday (19th feb) will be a month since I've started fundraising, not a lot, but a start!
How are you with fundraising at the moment?
Also you have to consider the injections, travel insurance excess, vivas, kit, etc.
So I figured out you need to raising +£200 on top so you can afford it :smile:
It's daunting, but you can do it :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Isha.k
Hi again! I've created a business idea for my fundraising, I make bracelets and sell them for £1.50, and people actually pay! ImageUploadedByStudent Room1392500803.858485.jpg
I've made £128.73 altogether, and this Wednesday (19th feb) will be a month since I've started fundraising, not a lot, but a start!
How are you with fundraising at the moment?
Also you have to consider the injections, travel insurance excess, vivas, kit, etc.
So I figured out you need to raising +£200 on top so you can afford it :smile:
It's daunting, but you can do it :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!
You're bracelets look really nice - great idea! Have you got any tips for selling? Like where do you sell them? Online or in person? Great that you have managed to make so much from it! I've made around £100 so far by doing odd jobs (baby sitting, dog walking etc and a cake sale and selling things on ebay)
Have just bought 40 handmade soaps off ebay and am going to try and sell then but not sure how yet :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thank you!
I sell in person at my sixth form, I started off by selling them to my close friends, then my little business started to grow.
If I was you, I'd start off by making loads of facebook status' about your soaps and the purpose of selling them, and people will want to buy them!
(You can add me on Facebook: Isha Kaur ~ so you can see how I sell).
That's good! Keep doing them little side jobs :smile:
You can also make a little business on eBay,
I hope this was helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Isha.k
Thank you!
I sell in person at my sixth form, I started off by selling them to my close friends, then my little business started to grow.
If I was you, I'd start off by making loads of facebook status' about your soaps and the purpose of selling them, and people will want to buy them!
(You can add me on Facebook: Isha Kaur ~ so you can see how I sell).
That's good! Keep doing them little side jobs :smile:
You can also make a little business on eBay,
I hope this was helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the tips!! I'll definitely start something up soon :smile: tryed to find you on fb but not sure which one is you?! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Isha.k

Posted from TSR Mobile

This summer I'm going to Tanzania with camps international. Very exciting stuff!! Some fundraising I did included with my team:
car washes on inset days for school staff
Fashion shows
Barn dance
On my own:
Tutoring
A social for my 6form
Valentine's day rose sale
Car boots
And wrote to some companies.

Hope this helped! :biggrin:
I did a care and conservation project in Costa Rica last year and it cost around £4000 so I used my car money and asked people to donate stationery for the kids instead :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Other ideas include,Car washingHelping neighborseBay Boot fairs Craft fairsHelping out in churchSponsored eventsParties(pay for admission)DiscoAsk companies for donations of prizes for raffles (this really works)Odd jobsDog walkingBusking (can gain over £1000 in a day-yikes!)BBQ’sDog/baby sittingHope this helps!
Hey i'm thinking of doing world challenge too
the deadline is today but my parents are unsure because they think the fundraising is compulsory
is it?
because i don't mind fundraising but my parents would rather i focused on studies instead of making money
my parents are fine with paying the money but yeah
is it compulsory?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending