The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mehhhh
Does Leicester offer dissection and/or prosection?

Is there anything particularly unique to this med school that hasn't been mentioned in the website?

They offer both dissection (from sem two onwards) and prosections.

the only thing I could think of now is IPads are given to the students. :smile:
Reply 2441
How long is each station?
I know there are 8 stations but can't find the duration of them
Original post by Sam_1996
How long is each station?
I know there are 8 stations but can't find the duration of them

7 mins each, 1 min between stations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicine Boy
does anyone have any idea what the interview: offer ratio is??

I'd also like to know for the 4 year A101 programme... the more I think about my interview, the worse I know I did... :frown:
Reply 2444
Original post by jimjam123
I'd also like to know for the 4 year A101 programme... the more I think about my interview, the worse I know I did... :frown:

Well there are 64 places, and approximately 120 interviewed according to their selection process. So they will probably give around 75-80 offers at a guess, so realistically it's probably going to be around 60-65% offers after interview. They may have decided to interview more this year but i'm only going by what they said on the selection procedure!
Original post by Ama2007
lol I havent had any interviews this year. I applied to Leeds Leicester, dundee, SGUL

There are people announcing that they've received interviews in the past couple of days. Leicester appear to have given out all their interviews but not sure about the others. You could try contacting them for an update?
Reply 2446
Original post by Jckc123
They offer both dissection (from sem two onwards) and prosections.

the only thing I could think of now is IPads are given to the students. :smile:

Is there a calculator given in the maths station?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panjabiflower

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes? Maybe? No?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panjabiflower

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes , no, maybe, i don't know, can you repeat the question?
Haha :colondollar:
Reply 2451
Is it alright to go the interview with light stubble or do you have to be clean shaven?
Common sense has eluded a number of people on this site !!!!!
Original post by adersh96
Is it alright to go the interview with light stubble or do you have to be clean shaven?

Personally for me I look like a baby face when I've had a clean shave. Depends if you want to appear more mature with a stubble.:smile:
Original post by purple and gold
yes , no, maybe, i don't know, can you repeat the question?
Haha :colondollar:

You're not the boss of me now, you're not the boss of me now, you're not the boss of me now, and you're not so biiiiiiiig. :ahee: :colondollar:
Reply 2455
Original post by MissJayySee
You're not the boss of me now, you're not the boss of me now, you're not the boss of me now, and you're not so biiiiiiiig. :ahee: :colondollar:

Hahahahaha
Reply 2456
Original post by HJaved1195
Personally for me I look like a baby face when I've had a clean shave. Depends if you want to appear more mature with a stubble.:smile:

alright cheers
Original post by MissJayySee

Haha, I can't believe you went allll out :biggrin:.
Best show ever he says while slurping his drink. :colondollar:
Original post by purple and gold
Haha, I can't believe you went allll out :biggrin:.
Best show ever he says while slurping his drink. :colondollar:

Wait till you see Bryan Cranston in breaking bad. Now that is the best show ever. Minds will be blown.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rainman91
Wait till you see Bryan Cranston in breaking bad. Now that is the best show ever. Minds will be blown.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have seen breaking bad :biggrin: it's surreal.
But Malcolm in the middle has more of a sentimental value, I remember those times when I was watching it as a child. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending