The Student Room Group

Fashion buying and merchandising / marketing

Hello! I haven't found many people on here who have applied for any Undergraduate Fashion Buying and Merchandising / Marketing courses? I've applied to Manchester Metropolitan, De MontFort, Southampton Solent and LCF. Just wondering if anyone has applied to these universities and if you have heard anything back? :-)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile:
I have also applied for Fashion Buying and Merchandising but only at LCF and Southampton Solent.
I haven't heard anything back from UAL but I had an interview at Southampton Solent on Monday, I got an interview invitation the day after I applied!
Have you heard anything?
Reply 2
Original post by kcsmith
Hi :smile:
I have also applied for Fashion Buying and Merchandising but only at LCF and Southampton Solent.
I haven't heard anything back from UAL but I had an interview at Southampton Solent on Monday, I got an interview invitation the day after I applied!
Have you heard anything?

Hiya! That's so strange, I had my southampton solent interview on Monday too but at 11am. I was offered a place at my interview and it updated today on track. I still haven't heard anything from LCF either :-( I'm literally glued to my e-mails haha! So excited to have found someone who is applying for the same course :smile:
Reply 3
Hi!
I've also applied for fashion buying and merchandising, I've applied for LCF, De mortfort, Fashion buying management at uni of westminster and fashion at bristol, so fair i've got offers from all but LCF!!
Has anyone heard from LCF yet?
Reply 4
Original post by mutya888
Hi!
I've also applied for fashion buying and merchandising, I've applied for LCF, De mortfort, Fashion buying management at uni of westminster and fashion at bristol, so fair i've got offers from all but LCF!!
Has anyone heard from LCF yet?

Aw I'm in the exact same position as you, just waiting to hear from LCF! A girl has wrote on the LCF applicants forum that a lady from LCF said the latest we would hear anything is at the end of February, but she doesn't know if that's for people who have already had an interview and obviously we aren't even having them for our course so not sure! Fingers crossed!
Reply 5
Oh really?
I was there at 2pm!
I've been offered a place too, which is good.
What did you think of the interview? The lady that interviewed me didn't really ask much.
Yeah I check my emails at least 20 times a day waiting! Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 6
Hi i have an offer from lcf for fashion management but i have applied to other places for fashion markeitng and i knowo for the marketing course most people havent heard, plus fashion marketing and fashion buying/merch at lcf are new courses so they may be a little late on it.
Reply 7
hii, Iv also applied for fashion marketing/management @ UAL, Manchester, Westminister, Uni of east London and Heretfordshire. iv got an offer from Manc & and interview @ East London on Wednesday but don't know what to expect! any tips would be much appreciated:smile: I hope to hear back from UAL soon realllyyyy want to go there :biggrin:!Good luck to you all!!
Reply 8
Original post by kcsmith
Oh really?
I was there at 2pm!
I've been offered a place too, which is good.
What did you think of the interview? The lady that interviewed me didn't really ask much.
Yeah I check my emails at least 20 times a day waiting! Good luck!! :smile:

Yeah so funny! I didn't get asked many questions either tbh. It was definitely more like a relaxed chat which was quite good!
Have you heard from anyone else since? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by gabyrowland
Hi i have an offer from lcf for fashion management but i have applied to other places for fashion markeitng and i knowo for the marketing course most people havent heard, plus fashion marketing and fashion buying/merch at lcf are new courses so they may be a little late on it.

Oh how did you find out they were new courses? That's really good news if they are! Hopefully thats why I still haven't heard anything.. ha! Fingers crossed :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by KatyHaines
Yeah so funny! I didn't get asked many questions either tbh. It was definitely more like a relaxed chat which was quite good!
Have you heard from anyone else since? :smile:

Ohhh good! And nope, still nothing from LCF which is getting soooo frustrating. I've seen other people start to get offers as well! I've applied to Westminster and UCA as late applications just in case as well and got an interview at UCA but really have my heart set on LCF!
How's it going for you? Have you heard anything else? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by kcsmith
Ohhh good! And nope, still nothing from LCF which is getting soooo frustrating. I've seen other people start to get offers as well! I've applied to Westminster and UCA as late applications just in case as well and got an interview at UCA but really have my heart set on LCF!
How's it going for you? Have you heard anything else? :smile:

Me too! Everytime someone says they have a place I die inside a bit hahaha, who wants me! That's a good idea, although I've already used all my places up so I won't be able to do that :frown:. I've had a yes from everyone else but I'm like you, I just want a place at LCF! Xx
Reply 12
Hi, I've applied for fashion buying and merch and have got offers from 3/4, but am too waiting for for LCF! I keep seeing people say they have got an offer and am starting to worry that I've not got one! I really want to go there as well, it was such a good uni!
Reply 13
Original post by mmegkeeley
Hi, I've applied for fashion buying and merch and have got offers from 3/4, but am too waiting for for LCF! I keep seeing people say they have got an offer and am starting to worry that I've not got one! I really want to go there as well, it was such a good uni!

hey! where else have you applied to?
I hope LCF don't take too long, this wait is so frustrating! and yeah, I swear everyone's getting offers already?
good luck anyway :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by kcsmith
hey! where else have you applied to?
I hope LCF don't take too long, this wait is so frustrating! and yeah, I swear everyone's getting offers already?
good luck anyway :smile:

Westminster, Man Met and, Huddersfield. I like them all but I just want LCF! haha. It's so annoying isn't it! Thanks, you too!x
Reply 15
Original post by mmegkeeley
Westminster, Man Met and, Huddersfield. I like them all but I just want LCF! haha. It's so annoying isn't it! Thanks, you too!x

ohh nice! I applied to westminster too but I did a late application added on for that so not holding my breath. I also applied to Southampton Solent and UCA so just waiting for LCF now! I jump every time I get an email!!
Reply 16
Hi

I hv applied for MA Fashion Management and Marketing in De Montfort, MA International fashion buying and merchandising in MMU and MA Internation Fashion Marketing in Heriot Watt

got offer letter in DMU & MMU and waiting for HWU
please can you adivse which would be the best university to click for
Reply 17
Hello, I have applied to Manchester Met and LCF too for fashion buying and merchandising. I got an offer from Manchester last week but haven't heard anything back from LCF yet! Have you had any luck?? Also have you visited the uni in Manchester, if so what's it like?
Good luck in your offers 😊
Reply 18
Hey! I've applied for Fashion Merchandising Management at Westminster and received an offer from them but other than that I haven't got any other offers!
I've got interviews for Southampton Solent for Fashion Management with Marketing and UCA (Epsom) for Fashion Management & Marketing soon as I had to postpone them both as I was in hospital.
I still haven't heard from LCF for Fashion Marketing or Uni of Winchester for Fashion Media and Marketing...but I just want to hear back from LCF!
Also, has anyone had interviews for Southampton Solent or UCA? I'm nervous as don't know what to expect completely!
xxx
Original post by aruljothi
Hi

I hv applied for MA Fashion Management and Marketing in De Montfort, MA International fashion buying and merchandising in MMU and MA Internation Fashion Marketing in Heriot Watt

got offer letter in DMU & MMU and waiting for HWU
please can you adivse which would be the best university to click for

MMU is known to be really good for their BA buying course. Not sure about ma tgough

Quick Reply

Latest