The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by futuremedic2096
euuuuuuuurgggggghhhhhh stats is awful

don't worry, we can get through this mind numbing ness :colonhash:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I don't actually do business studies but I can help with it, with structuring it depends on the question!

that's true... i don't know may be i know things but i really don't know how to apply them correctly
Reply 9042
Original post by MangoFreak
It entirely depends on you, really. Forget GCSE maths, only people with A*s at GCSE were allowed to take F.Maths at my school and a third of them are struggling (there are only 6 in my class). One is probably burdened by a language barrier (she speaks English fine, but she's an exchange student from Norway and might not have the best grasp of mathematical terms.). The other one, however, is finding things quite difficult, most notably the speed of it (to be fair our school only gave us one extra lesson for F.Maths, otherwise we have the same timetable as regular maths). Then there's a sort of middle ground in this class, with people who find some topics easy, others slightly difficult, and then there's myself and one other who don't really struggle :mmm: I would argue that the reason we don't struggle is that we learn the topics out of class, unlike that second person I mentioned, who whines that teachers don't explain things fully and to his liking exactly, which is a ridiculous expectation given our time restrictions.

(We're doing AS Maths and F.Maths in Year 12, A2 for both in Year 13, unlike many schools.)

tl;dr - take f.maths and if you can't deal, drop it, if you can

That's a good way of putting it...

I'm mainly struggling due to the speed and the fact it's A2 work and I'm kind of busy with chem/physics coursework outside of lessons atm :redface:

Trying to put it right this holiday I think will help me greatly.
Reply 9043
Hello everybody :smile: Anybody here doing Snab biology?
Original post by Hectors
Hello everybody :smile: Anybody here doing Snab biology?

was ist das? :confused: sounds interesting :colondollar:
Original post by zed963
Has everyone started revising ? I think my exam entry sheet is coming next week will all the dates and times. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanted to start this week, but the homework, THE HOMEWORK. Sometimes i feel like slapping myself for complaining in Year 11. :redface:
Original post by JustaDreamer
I wanted to start this week, but the homework, THE HOMEWORK. Sometimes i feel like slapping myself for complaining in Year 11. :redface:

homework is revising :colonhash:
Original post by tara8000
homework is revising :colonhash:

In some ways, yes, but i meant like going over the actual material using notes etc.
Original post by MangoFreak
tl;dr - take f.maths and if you can't deal, drop it, if you can

Tbf, AS Maths and Further is really easy to do compared to Maths A2 in a year, but even that shouldn't be *too* hard if you're considering further maths.

Original post by aisha 56
that's true... i don't know may be i know things but i really don't know how to apply them correctly

Yeah, read markschemes! Seriously
Tbf, AS Maths and Further is really easy to do compared to Maths A2 in a year, but even that shouldn't be *too* hard if you're considering further maths.

Yeah, read markschemes! Seriously

What's FP1 like? I do F.Maths but we do FP1 and FP2 in the second year :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy
What's FP1 like? I do F.Maths but we do FP1 and FP2 in the second year :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well WJEC FP1 is massively different to others... But nothing is too bad at A level :nah:
Original post by tara8000
was ist das? :confused: sounds interesting :colondollar:

I think it's salters Nuffield advanced biology if my memory serves me correctly' as in Nuffield foundation! It's run by edexcel! I do aqa they can't be that dissimilar can they?!
Well WJEC FP1 is massively different to others... But nothing is too bad at A level :nah:

Alright :smile:
We do 2 units in AS (I'm doing D1 and M1) and 4 units in A2 (FP1, FP2 and 2 applied units)

Suppose it's to make more people take the whole A-level instead of just the AS Level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy
Alright :smile:
We do 2 units in AS (I'm doing D1 and M1) and 4 units in A2 (FP1, FP2 and 2 applied units)

Suppose it's to make more people take the whole A-level instead of just the AS Level

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaah, I see! I think :ninja:
Original post by Futuremedic2096
I think it's salters Nuffield advanced biology if my memory serves me correctly' as in Nuffield foundation! It's run by edexcel! I do aqa they can't be that dissimilar can they?!

I do that one :smile:
Reply 9055
I'm pretty new to this forum stuff but I'm loving it!

:five: hight five ! :biggrin:

though i've been very busy recently so my log on time has dropped :lol:
Original post by techno836
:five: hight five ! :biggrin:

though i've been very busy recently so my log on time has dropped :lol:

Ha ha nearly 6000 posts is a lot though! :biggrin: These a levels are hard work aren't they?!
Reply 9057
i got 50/72 in my first FP1 mock and got a B :biggrin: although i skipped 12 marks because it was series and proof by induction :lol: I'm determined to get proof by induction covered tomorrow then i'll learn series at home in the half term! :smile:
Reply 9058
Ha ha nearly 6000 posts is a lot though! :biggrin: These a levels are hard work aren't they?!

I don't find them too hard ... just more tedious :sigh:
Original post by techno836
i got 50/72 in my first FP1 mock and got a B :biggrin: although i skipped 12 marks because it was series and proof by induction :lol: I'm determined to get proof by induction covered tomorrow then i'll learn series at home in the half term! :smile:

Nice:tongue: I've done two and got 60 and 61 out of 75, gonna do another this holiday and go for 70+. I got 68 on my first C3 paper though (learnt it in 3 weeks:lol:)
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest