The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by harmingjuli
Are you guys definitely going to HWSF if they accept you?

Yes :biggrin:
Reply 441
This is a quick shoutout to ANYONE that went to the 1pm interview!

Does anyone remember me? I was white, quiet, and was one of the last to be called in the first rounds of interviews (1:15pm). About 6 foot tall. After the interview I was a bit more chatty, talked to a small, pretty Asian girl, and a girl called Jenny (sorry if it was spelt wrong), and wondered if anyone else was at that interview time?

Really excited to see the outcome of the interviews, by the way!
Reply 442
Original post by Wesleigh

Does anyone remember me? I was white, quiet, and was one of the last to be called in the first rounds of interviews (1:15pm). About 6 foot tall. After the interview I was a bit more chatty, talked to a small, pretty Asian girl, and a girl called Jenny (sorry if it was spelt wrong), and wondered if anyone else was at that interview time?

Lol, very nervous to see the outcomes. I do not want a rejection letter to land on my front door in a week's time. Praying for an acceptance. Or even a conditional letter, anything other than outright rejection.
Reply 443
Original post by Muffyn
Lol, very nervous to see the outcomes. I do not want a rejection letter to land on my front door in a week's time. Praying for an acceptance. Or even a conditional letter, anything other than outright rejection.

I agree. If I get a letter, I'll definitely be posting a piccy on here :wink: [some information will be removed, naturally]!
Reply 444
I agree. If I get a letter, I'll definitely be posting a piccy on here :wink: [some information will be removed, naturally]!

Oh, can you post pics on TSR threads? If it is acceptance/ conditional, then I will do the same too aha we can all flood this thread with acceptance letter pics :biggrin:

100%. Definitely.
Reply 446
Yeah if I get accepted into the sixth form I'll be going. The standards of my current school are just slipping and it's making it unbearable to stay.
Reply 447
Yeah around the same likelihood

And if I do get in, the first person I will be beelining for to chat with is you aha. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Muffyn
And if I do get on, the first person I will be beelining for to chat with is you aha. :biggrin:

Good, I look forward to it. Is it because i'm already in? :smile:
It seems like a lot of you guys are eager to start at this school. That is good to know..
Reply 450
I have a feeling this is going to be a very long wait for the next two weeks. Even longer than the wait for the interview letters (mentally, not literally) and that was a wait that required a lot of faith and endurance.
Oh wow, the wait for the interview letters was almost unbearable. Although not even close to as bad as waiting for results day 2013, you would know if you done any GCSEs early(Did you?). Glad I don't have to participate this time
Reply 452
Original post by Muffyn
I did do Chinese gcse early. Although, I was the having the time of my life during the summer holidays and promptly forgot that there was even a results day in August so didn't pick up results. Finally remembered and got it a month later. I'm native Chinese so wasn't worried at all about results. It was a multichoice exam anyway - translation: easy.
I gave my interview letter for my brother to read (it would either be a rejection or a pass). My brother told me I passed onto the interview stage and I literally danced around the living room screaming my head off, it was pretty ridiculous really but at that time I thought I had failed the exams so...
Original post by Muffyn
I gave my interview letter for my brother to read (it would either be a rejection or a pass). My brother told me I passed onto the interview stage and I literally danced around the living room screaming my head off, it was pretty ridiculous really but at that time I thought I had failed the exams so...

I made sure 100 times over that no one touched any letters addressed to me after past experience of family opening important letters. I told them everyday for a month not to open my letter as I didn't want them to see it before me bacause I too thought I didn't do too well on the exams.
Original post by Muffyn
Pfft, I was the opposite. I was like "mum, if you get a letter from HWSF when I'm in school, text me immediately if I passed but do not text me if I failed".

Pfft to you. My way is the better way. You have to face it head on. Don't make your mum do it. What if she had gotten a paper cut opening it, then it would be on you.

Edit: I think we may be spamming this thread. Why is no one else talking.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 455
Pfft to you. My way is the better way. You have to face it head on. Don't make your mum do it. What if she had gotten a paper cut opening it, then it would be on you.

Edit: I think we may be spamming this thread. Why is no one else talking.

Everyone else is admiring the brilliance that is our conversation. No, jokes, they're offline. And so will I I'm afraid. Internet's going down. I think I will take a break from here and not log in to TSR tomorrow... Aha I joke, what else would I fill the time waiting with? Goodbye. :biggrin: For now. Edit: Most of our conversation has been deleted by harmingjuli and I. Apologies for the spamming and general inconvenience.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 456
The wait for the interview letter for me was alright. I thought I wasn't going to get in so I wasn't looking out for it. Then I came home and saw an open letter on my bed and I was so happy.

Oh hey yeah I remember you, I was the Asian girl you spoke to outside c:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 458

80%. I had an interview for Woodhouse the day before the HWSF interview, but I'm pretty sure I will go to HWSF if I do get accepted. Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 459
Mr Handscombe wrote on his twitter page, yesterday: "Spent today going through the notes on #HWSF interviews. What a fantastic group of applicants!" Hopefully, references will be given out with speed - praying that teachers check their school emails even on break, so the admission/rejection letters can be handed out faster.
Waiting is so difficult.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending