The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3440
(Half)Turk checking in! my names baran, friends call me james as its my first name and no one can pronounce baran.. live in dubai atm in my last year of school! others here full turkish or a mixture also? if so whereabouts you from?
Reply 3441
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
:wavey: Course! We're mostly a friendly bunch (*coughs* not so much RamocitoMorales and S-man10 *coughs*)

As the self proclaimed social inspector member of this thread, I deserve to see too. :holmes:

And you signed up as an official member too. That means you're stuck here muhahaha

Welcome, and how about a quick introduction? :wavey:

Im ozlem, i come from Turkey as i mentioned and i live in Gibraltar, where is that? well its a tiny country next to spain but its owned by the UK so i ive been going to an english curriculum school for 2 years now. Im in year 11 studying for my GCSE's. :ciao:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by theateam121
Not technically Turkish but engaged to a lovely one and been learning my Turkish words!

Is that enough to join? :smile:

Original post by Kemalist
Hi there everyone, proud Turk here :smile:

Original post by Jozden
(Half)Turk checking in! my names baran, friends call me james as its my first name and no one can pronounce baran.. live in dubai atm in my last year of school! others here full turkish or a mixture also? if so whereabouts you from?

Original post by ozi01
How cool that there's a Turkish thread :biggrin: I'm Turkish as well and I've recently joined TSR. I'll definitly be checking this thread :smile:

Original post by cem101
hello, im ugur. live in the uk. friends call me cem as nobody can pronounce ugur. :smile:))

currently taking gap year after a levels. applied to imperial (interview) ucl(waiting) durham(offer) kings(offer) lse (rejection :'( ).

support liverpool and besiktas!
bizim kisi bir ask hikayesi SIYAH BEYAZ film gibi biraz!

make me cig kofte and ill be your best friend :smile:

Original post by cem101
Noluyo laaan!!!!

Hello everyone! :hello:You must all sing the Istiklal Marsi to be accepted :whip:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheGameOfScience
aha its not that nice:tongue: but i might pm you a pick:wink:

:excited: :awesome:
Original post by rosewater1
:excited: :awesome:

:grin:
:wavey: Course! We're mostly a friendly bunch (*coughs* not so much RamocitoMorales and S-man10 *coughs*)

You would say that about the only two men who frequent this thread. :rolleyes:

theateam121
I find Turkish relatively easy to learn as it's so phonetic in it's speaking.

:smug:

theateam121
The only time I struggle is because people think it sounds 'cute' in my accent so they tend to laugh, not out of being mean though.

I can only offer encouragement your way. I know an English person who got with a Turk and after a few years of study they are now pretty much fluent in Turkish.

Original post by Jozden
(Half)Turk checking in! my names baran, friends call me james as its my first name and no one can pronounce baran

What's so difficult to pronounce about 'Baran'? :curious:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
:lol:

loooool :laugh: ok inspector budgie!, i'll send you a pm too maybe, if i pluck up the courage to upload it, but that means you and rosewater owe me a pic of yourself and your hair too:tongue:

Grow up

And you said you looked intimidatig :sigh:
Original post by S-man10
Grow up

:eviltongue:

And you said you looked intimidatig :sigh:

i do look intimidating, i am 6ft 2 lol and i can easily put on the most serious 'i'll kill you' face ever:biggrin:
i do look intimidating, i am 6ft 2 lol and i can easily put on the most serious 'i'll kill you' face ever:biggrin:

:facepalm2:
Original post by RamocitoMorales
:facepalm2:

hmmm u seem to use that emoticon a lot, do you like dicks or something? are you gay?
:parrot: Mass quote by me now

loooool :laugh: ok inspector budgie!, i'll send you a pm too maybe, if i pluck up the courage to upload it, but that means you and rosewater owe me a pic of yourself and your hair too:tongue:

I don't mind, half the people on this thread know what I look like already :ninja:

congratulations!! what was your research proposal about/based on? you never know it might work! :crossedf:

I study a subset of immune cells known as T cells infilitrating in breast cancer tissues and I'm searching for a new way to activate them. It's fun stuff that ranges from gritty bloody stuff to completely clean sterile molecular bio that may by some miracle work :tongue:

Original post by lNurl
Ok, maybe not ugly but fat ^.^

I wish I was a bit taller, just a bit. :smile:

From my experience, when a woman calls herself fat, she very rarely is :redface:

Original post by cem101
hello, im ugur. live in the uk. friends call me cem as nobody can pronounce ugur. :smile:))

currently taking gap year after a levels. applied to imperial (interview) ucl(waiting) durham(offer) kings(offer) lse (rejection :'( ).

support liverpool and besiktas!
bizim kisi bir ask hikayesi SIYAH BEYAZ film gibi biraz!

make me cig kofte and ill be your best friend :smile:

Yeah I can understand the problems with the name Ugur in english, )someone I'm very close to has also got that name :tongue:). But in Turksih, I think it's a beautiful name :yes:

I'll see you with the GS game soon :colone:

Original post by Jozden

Most of us are in the UK and we're quite a mixed group
I'm fully Turkish Cypriot :cool:

Original post by ozi01
Im ozlem, i come from Turkey as i mentioned and i live in Gibraltar, where is that? well its a tiny country next to spain but its owned by the UK so i ive been going to an english curriculum school for 2 years now. Im in year 11 studying for my GCSE's. :ciao:

Enjoy this time in your life, trust me :afraid:

Original post by Kemalist

'Sup, welcome to the motherland thread on TSR :cyber:

Original post by RamocitoMorales
You would say that about the only two men who frequent this thread. :rolleyes:

GOS is also a regular poster :rolleyes:

hmmm u seem to use that emoticon a lot, do you like dicks or something? are you gay?

:lmao: I used to think that emote represented a penis too.
If you look carefully, however, it's a tiny picture of Captain Picard facepalming :biggrin:
:eviltongue:

Yet you act like a wimp. Fail
TheGameOfScience
x
RamocitoMorales
x
S-man10
x

Dear sirs,

It has come to my attention that there is increasing tension between you three members.
:emo: Stop it please.

Love,
Budgie.
The self-proclaimed social peace keeping sub leader
Dear sirs,

It has come to my attention that there is increasing tension between you three members.

Love,
Budgie.

No

GOS is also a regular poster :rolleyes:

he said men, not boys

I don't mind, half the people on this thread know what I look like already :ninja:

Do you know people on this thread in person or? but then why would you want to, some people on this thread are mean :frown: (not mentioning any names as there's no need to...)
Original post by S-man10
Yet you act like a wimp. Fail

i only joke about, don't know how you implied i act like a wimp tbh also you don't know who i am or what my personality is like, i am far from a wimp in real life. if you were actually standing next to me in real life people would think you look like a wimp, thats how much i am the opposite of a wimp.

he said men, not boys

i know for a fact i look like more of a man in real life compared to you dude:biggrin: i don't even have to see your face i can just tell....
Original post by rosewater1
Do you know people on this thread in person or?

:iiam:

but then why would you want to, some people on this thread are mean :frown: (not mentioning any names as there's no need to...)

Curiosity? :dontknow:
Dear sirs,

Love,
Budgie.

tbh i feel like its more RamocitoMorales and S-10man or whatever he's called against me:frown:
Dear sirs,

Love,
Budgie.

:sadnod:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending