The Student Room Group

History A level help?

Can anybody that's previously done history at A level help me out and tell me which the best units are to combine? I'm stuck on which two to pick for the AS exams, does anybody have any recommendations for good pairings? (exam board AQA)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SukaynaJS
Can anybody that's previously done history at A level help me out and tell me which the best units are to combine? I'm stuck on which two to pick for the AS exams, does anybody have any recommendations for good pairings?

Which exam board? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Lucy96
Which exam board? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA :smile:
Reply 3
You get to pick?! We did AQA and all had to take the same two - America 1890-1945 and The Impact of Chairman Mao: China, 1946 - 1976. I found that having two very different topics was actually quite helpful in terms of revision, but really it depends on which modules your college is offering (unless they do offer all 20+ modules) and which area of history you find most interesting. I personally enjoy more modern history so these two were great for me, but a friend of mine at a different college took Totalitarian ideology and the failure of Absolutism, which was a lot more traditional.

Quick Reply

Latest