The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Am0312x
Congratulations. What are your gcse and as grades

Thanks! Since I live in Sweden I'm doing the IB- got 43 predicted. Didn't do GCSE either but before IB I had top grades in all subjects apart from one
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by eloo
When did you apply? :smile:

I applied on 14 January, so after seeing all posts on here with people waiting for so long I was really surprised to get an offer so fast
American here. I got an offer for International History yesterday, conditional upon two 5s on AP Exams. I've also gotten into Yale, so I've got some tough decisions to make...
Original post by ida3388
ECONOMIC HISTORY DEPARTMENT WHAT THE HECK IS UP? I am WWWWAAAAYYYYY overdue for a response!

I can feel your pain! I applied in mid November and my 7+2(christmas) week deadline ended on the 29th of Jan I think!

Btw what did u apply for ?
Reply 5384
Original post by ida3388
ECONOMIC HISTORY DEPARTMENT WHAT THE HECK IS UP? I am WWWWAAAAYYYYY overdue for a response!

Serioussssss, my 4 week waiting time ended 6 weeks a go!
Reply 5385
Rejected for Economics and Economic History today.
Reply 5386
gYUe80mQXKs.jpg
Reply 5387
Original post by arminb
anyone else wanting for lse history?
yeah my 4 week email elapsed 4 weeks ago!
Original post by mun_96
Offer for maths with economics yesterday :-)
Good luck guys', and if you do get an uncalled for rejection, just remember, it is you who can make yourself great, not an institution. Keep focused and get the grades. If life throws you lemons, make lemonade and be thankful for the opportunities you do get. Some people are probably saying its ok for you to say, uve got an offer. Well last year I applied for medicine and got rejections from b'ham and oxford despite grades (2nd out of 1431 applicants in oxford for GCSEs), good BMAT score and lots of work experience. But don't despair, make the most of the opportunities you do get given in life and with the right dedication, you will be successul
Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you going to firm/insurance it and what other places have you applied to?
Reply 5389
Original post by Ess R Kay
I can feel your pain! I applied in mid November and my 7+2(christmas) week deadline ended on the 29th of Jan I think!

Btw what did u apply for ?
Applied for Econ and Econ history, you??
Reply 5390
Original post by zzaacc
Rejected for Economics and Economic History today.
I am very sorry to hear that!! But it is gonna end the same way for me in a couple weeks time I am sure of it. What did they say was the lackluster if you don't mind me asking? How long did you have to wait?
Reply 5391
Original post by ida3388
I am very sorry to hear that!! But it is gonna end the same way for me in a couple weeks time I am sure of it. What did they say was the lackluster if you don't mind me asking? How long did you have to wait?

I'll be glad to share my story. I know that every single detail helps during the long wait.
Application received by LSE: 2nd December
Seven week e-mail: 6th December
Add 2 weeks: 20th December
Rejection: 14th February
They sent the "Specifically, your subject combination, whilst good, is not as good as the combinations offered by other similar applicants for your programme." e-mail.
Somewhat angered because their website states "there is no one ideal subject combination which is deemed preferable to others"....but oh well. Good luck to you :smile:
Original post by zzaacc
I'll be glad to share my story. I know that every single detail helps during the long wait.
They sent the "Specifically, your subject combination, whilst good, is not as good as the combinations offered by other similar applicants for your programme." e-mail.
Somewhat angered because their website states "there is no one ideal subject combination which is deemed preferable to others"....but oh well. Good luck to you :smile:

hey bro sorry to hear about your rejection.

out of curiosity what subjects are you studying, i think that is likely to be my pitfall as well.
Reply 5393
I tried to remain quiet... but seriously.. I think I have waited long enough!! I sent mine on 14th October for actuarial science and they still haven't made a decision! Apart from the Christmas email, I got one saying it's strong enough to be considered etc. ON 30TH OF OCTOBER. If they are going to give me a rejection I wish they would hurry up cuz I'm tired of waiting!
Reply 5394
A2:colone:conomics, maths, biology, AS: chemistry, further maths
Reply 5395
You're the only person I've found with same subject combo as me lol, where have you applied to?
Original post by ida3388
Applied for Econ and Econ history, you??

yeh same course and I'm a bit confused how they're working tbh because i've noticed one of the users has posted that he's been rejected for the course, meaning they've replied to him even though he applied half a month later than me ?

What does this mean? anyone know, is it good or bad that im having to wait longer than those who applied later than me? even though i know how unpredictable LSE are im still not sure lol

But all in all, i wish the best of luck for everyone applying and those that have an offer!
(edited 10 years ago)
Have there been anymore maths offers since I received one in December? Join this facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/185119185025634/
Reply 5398
Just received a 'strongest in the cycle' email for Government. Said I'll hear within four weeks (even though I'm about a week past the deadline they gave before). The wait continues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5399
Original post by zzaacc
did you apply for econ and econ history? I do math, FM, econ and physics so I am ****ed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending