The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3740
logging into the King's portal, and still seeing the word 'Submitted'........

^^living the life :cool: :s-smilie: :facepalm:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 3741
It was 10 days ago!
Reply 3742
Do KCL allow for grade slippage if someone doesn't meet their conditional offer ?
Reply 3743
Original post by VK96
Got an interview invite today!

Alright so my stats are as follows if anyone's interested:
740UKCAT
6.5A* 5As at GCSE
3As AS level (Bio, Chem, Maths) and an M1 in Pre-U physics.

Hey! Good Job!! HAHA! Btw, are you a local applicant?
Original post by Momberly
Do KCL allow for grade slippage if someone doesn't meet their conditional offer ?

They did last year because they had some places left. But they give more offers than places so if there aren't any places then probably not.
Reply 3745
Original post by Yes95
Hey! Good Job!! HAHA! Btw, are you a local applicant?

I'm a home applicant if that's what you're asking :tongue:
I got an offer yesterday! international applicant :smile: had my interview on the 6th!
Reply 3747
Original post by starcloud
I got an offer yesterday! international applicant :smile: had my interview on the 6th!

congrats! going for my interview next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
good luck! the interviewers were really really friendly! just relax and be yourself :smile:

Original post by chowkat
congrats! going for my interview next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3749
Hey guys, I have just recieved an interview from kings but there is no mention of the time on the message and also where I need to be and further information regarding the interview. Should I have recieved a pdf file with the message?
Reply 3750
Original post by MrDoctor
Hey guys, I have just recieved an interview from kings but there is no mention of the time on the message and also where I need to be and further information regarding the interview. Should I have recieved a pdf file with the message?

Yes you should have details in PDF format with the email.

From your portal go into my messages and send them a message, choose 'application status' from the drop down menu, they normally respond quite quickly.
Reply 3751
Original post by starcloud

Congratulations! Can I ask, were you asked to upload your exam certificates to the portal before you received your offer, and if so how long before you got the offer did you upload them? Thanks
Reply 3752
This waiting is awful and it's only been two weeks since my interview..
I was actually asked to upload my certificates when I got my interview invite, so I uploaded them before my interview!

Original post by br13
Congratulations! Can I ask, were you asked to upload your exam certificates to the portal before you received your offer, and if so how long before you got the offer did you upload them? Thanks

I
Original post by KerryMan
This waiting is awful and it's only been two weeks since my interview..

Good luck, I hope you get an offer!
Try waiting for 2 months +... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3755
Original post by itsmagic
Good luck, I hope you get an offer!
Try waiting for 2 months +... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. :smile: I hope we BOTH end up with offers.
The way they do it is just wrong, they should just hand them all out at the end and do away with all this excruciating waiting. :frown:
So what's the deal with offers at the moment then?! The top cut of interviewees are given them straight away, the bottom cut get straight rejections, then the rest of us wait until March?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tee Logan x
Aw, mines was at 14:20 :smile: i've got my Barts interview next Monday :/ nervous! where else did you apply? :smile:

Good luck for Barts! I applied to Barts and the London, King's, Nottingham, and Leicester (I've had interviews at all 4, just waiting to hear back now). :biggrin:
Original post by sausagerolled
So what's the deal with offers at the moment then?! The top cut of interviewees are given them straight away, the bottom cut get straight rejections, then the rest of us wait until March?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much, but as each top cut of interviewees are handed out offers, the scores of those below them in the list will be added to the scores of the next batch of interviewees, so they may happen to move into the "offers bracket" of scores. It explains why some people hear back <10 days after interview, why some hear at a few weeks after, why some hear after months, and why many people wait until March.
Original post by PocketMerlin
Pretty much, but as each top cut of interviewees are handed out offers, the scores of those below them in the list will be added to the scores of the next batch of interviewees, so they may happen to move into the "offers bracket" of scores. It explains why some people hear back <10 days after interview, why some hear at a few weeks after, why some hear after months, and why many people wait until March.

This, as explained in my post on page 186 of the thread.

As we move towards march (which corresponds to the end of the interview cycle) i recognize that there will be a few more rejections coming tho...as there will be less places left i dont think they will hold those at the "bottom" to wait if they are below the lowest possible cutoff at the moment.

I.e: 200 offers left and 200 interviewees on hold, as other interviews take place those at the bottom will most likely fall out of the intake...unless we have very similar interview scores in which case ukcat is determinant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest