The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Jesus I think for the first time ever I wanted Sheffield United to win yesterday, a derby match in the quarters would be one for the history books. However Charlton awaits us first, god I hope we win so much.

I'll think you find its the 'Massive' not 'Massives' :wink:

We call them the massives. Sorry chief.
Original post by Huskaris
We call them the massives. Sorry chief.

You do understand the whole massive thing is a big ironic joke on our behalf right? :tongue: unfortunately a lot of people don't and get annoyed by it.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
You do understand the whole massive thing is a big ironic joke on our behalf right? :tongue: unfortunately a lot of people don't and get annoyed by it.

Haha we don't get annoyed by it we just find the illusions of grandeur from a club that have to call a game off when there is rain quite amusing.

At least at Charlton we know we are **** and can't put a game on when there is a bit of drizzle!
Haha we don't get annoyed by it we just find the illusions of grandeur from a club that have to call a game off when there is rain quite amusing.

At least at Charlton we know we are **** and can't put a game on when there is a bit of drizzle!

The cool teams put themselves in administration and play 35 miles from their home city.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair our pitch suffers in the rain, essentially its still suffering since the floods that wrecked it in the summer of 07. I'd rather not risk tearing it to hell just for you guys.

We know we're **** too but its our **** :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Scott129
They're not smart enough for psychological warfare :tongue:

Following on from that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mdhU5ek4fw

How pathetic. We beat them once at their place (for the first time in 40 years) and they feel the need to make a video about how it's revenge time :laugh: Remember though, they don't care. Not a bit.
Stunning goal from Bamford to claim all three points! Up to third now! :woohoo:

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Following on from that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mdhU5ek4fw

How pathetic. We beat them once at their place (for the first time in 40 years) and they feel the need to make a video about how it's revenge time :laugh: Remember though, they don't care. Not a bit.

I find videos like that a bit cringey as it is, but that's embarrassing.

My problem's not with the club (as they're not the ones who play down the rivalry), but the fans. Just look at the Youtube comments and on their forums... don't tell me there's not a slight hint of rivalry there :lol:

Also, why is it focused around Darlow? Did he have a particularly bad game or something?
(edited 10 years ago)
Christ I wish Milan had actually brought a proper replacement in for Fryatt and Wickham. Instead we get Leon Best for his third spell here, one player I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Benik Afobe is hardly prolific either. 18 shots and only 4 on target and we still managed to lose summarises our frontal options. Still roll on next game.
Reply 288
Drew 0-0 away to bottom of the league Yeovil, that's 180 minutes played against them, having not scored. Another debutant in Ranegie last night, probably only signed for the fact he's about 6'5"... I'd like to see some form of playoff charge, but it seems unlikely. Rebuild in the summer, keep Sannino, hopefully get a new Director of Football, Nani doesn't seem to have much of a clue what's going on, then actually get some attackers in and keep them rather than just loan them back out again.
Losing 2-1 to Carlisle in front of 1600. When will the people responsible wake up and fix this disgrace?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heh, looks like Leicester draw. Unbeaten still

Nigel will get sacked next season after they get promoted
x

Good job tonight. Done us a bit of a favour there :borat:
Original post by Scott129
Good job tonight. Done us a bit of a favour there :borat:

Aye. In fairness the ref was awful - ours was never a penalty, but I don't doubt he was making up for their penalty (first foul is by mackie - pulled Morgan down and was taken down himself by the tangle of legs, and koncheskys red - mistimed and nothing more).

Still, worth it to see Natalie Jackson bawling her eyes out on EMT about how the poison dwarf didn't win a match.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edit: looking back at the replays, at the point of contact it looks like both Konchesky's legs are off the floor - I don't think we can argue with a red there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 293
Managed to climb back out of the relegation zone again last night just in time for Bristol City at home on Saturday. It's crazy that really anyone below 10th in League One isn't safe from relegation at the moment.
And if further justification for hating forest was needed.

3 man assault on Kevin Phillips (that the ref did nothing about) - vile little toerags of players, just like their manager.

Edit: Just seen Davies complaining that we were encroaching during the penalty... Only Phillips is in the box when he strikes it?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 295
I just saw that vdeo of The Notts forest players ^^ disgusting behaviour.
(edited 10 years ago)
And if further justification for hating forest was needed.

3 man assault on Kevin Phillips (that the ref did nothing about) - vile little toerags of players, just like their manager.

Edit: Just seen Davies complaining that we were encroaching during the penalty... Only Phillips is in the box when he strikes it?

Where's your blue card?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akash16
Mahrezzzzzzzzzzzzz!! I just saw that vdeo of The Notts forest players ^^ disgusting behaviour.

And Knockaert's dive was model sportsmanship last year? Do me a favour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Where's your blue card?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ey?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In fairness Knockaert was pulled back - it's just a case that refs don't tend to give you anything if you're honest and stay up despite being fouled. That's why the anti-diving laws will get nowhere: so long as players feel that they need to go down to get the decision, diving will continue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 299

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair, there was contact from the defender on Knockaert, however, it was closer to a summer's breeze than to a pull back, and Knockaert extremely over-reacted to it, and you could tell by how he went down he only ever wanted the penalty in that instance. However, like SLF says, the ref wouldn't have given anything if he'd stayed strong, and he wouldn't have scored either. Knockaert got what he deserved though, people won't forget that moment for a while.

Quick Reply

Latest