The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

For school leavers is it only the A-Level certificates that we need to bring or do we need to take the GCSE certificates too? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2481
Original post by Affliction
For school leavers is it only the A-Level certificates that we need to bring or do we need to take the GCSE certificates too? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only took alevels anf that seemed to be okay they havnt contacted me otherwise other people in my group only took the three too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hl7495
I only took alevels anf that seemed to be okay they havnt contacted me otherwise other people in my group only took the three too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can someone tell me, am I missing something here? I had my interview dec 17th and only took my Passport. I got the following message in my email, did anyone else get anything different?

"THINGS TO BRING ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW

PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTITY you will need to bring one form of identity ie: Passport, Driving Licence, School ID Badge etc. If you arrive without any form of photographic ID you will not be able to proceed to the interviews.

ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES Candidates who have completed their ‘A’ Levels (A2) or International Baccalaureate and/or degree are required to provide a certified copy of these. A certified copy is a photocopy of the original certificate which has an endorsement to state that it is a true copy of the original. Your school/college, a solicitor or Notary can certify a copy for you. PLEASE DO NOT BRING ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES as there are no facilities to photocopy these on the day."
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HJaved1195
Can someone tell me, am I missing something here? I had my interview dec 17th and only took my Passport. I got the following message in my email, did anyone else get anything different?

"ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES Candidates who have completed their ‘A’ Levels (A2) or International Baccalaureate and/or degree are required to provide a certified copy of these. A certified copy is a photocopy of the original certificate which has an endorsement to state that it is a true copy of the original. Your school/college, a solicitor or Notary can certify a copy for you. PLEASE DO NOT BRING ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES as there are no facilities to photocopy these on the day."

When did you get that e-mail and have you completed your A-Levels yet?
Reply 2484

"THINGS TO BRING ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW

PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTITY you will need to bring one form of identity ie: Passport, Driving Licence, School ID Badge etc. If you arrive without any form of photographic ID you will not be able to proceed to the interviews.

ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES Candidates who have completed their ‘A’ Levels (A2) or International Baccalaureate and/or degree are required to provide a certified copy of these. A certified copy is a photocopy of the original certificate which has an endorsement to state that it is a true copy of the original. Your school/college, a solicitor or Notary can certify a copy for you. PLEASE DO NOT BRING ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES as there are no facilities to photocopy these on the day."

No, I don't think you're missing anything. Everyone has to take ID and those with achieved A2s need to also take certified copies of their certificates...
Original post by hl7495

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks bud

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple and gold
When did you get that e-mail and have you completed your A-Levels yet?

I got that in late November, interview was in Dec and no I haven't completed my A2 yet.

What I'm trying to understand is, have people been asked to take their AS & GCSE certificates? because I wasn't told to take anything else besides ID unless I'd completed A2.
I got that in late November, interview was in Dec and no I haven't completed my A2 yet.

What I'm trying to understand is, have people been asked to take their AS & GCSE certificates? because I wasn't told to take anything else besides ID unless I'd completed A2.

No, if you are still studying for your a levels the only thing you need is ID
Original post by Amyk89
No, if you are still studying for your a levels the only thing you need is ID

Brilliant! Thanks Amy:smile:
Brilliant! Thanks Amy:smile:

No problem. Good luck with your interview, I quite enjoyed mine.
Reply 2490

No i think reapplicant are just a bit confused by if AS is includes in a level certificates you're fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As Amy has said you only needed A2 certs if you complemented your A-Levels.
There was no mention of GSCE certs or anything else.
Original post by hl7495
No i think reapplicant are just a bit confused by if AS is includes in a level certificates you're fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As Amy has said you only needed A2 certs if you complemented your A-Levels.
There was no mention of GSCE certs or anything else.

Thanks guys, really appreciate you clearing this up :smile:
Hey, does anyone know how they give out offers? I read on their admissions website that they use the UCAS form and the interview score. Please correct me if I am wrong.
With that said does anyone out there have an idea when is the next batch of offers? :smile:
Any interview invites given out yet for the 13th March?

Still anxiously waiting :frown:
OMG OMG Inteview in JANUARY and just checked my e-mail and .... still waiting for their decision :colone:
OMG OMG Inteview in JANUARY and just checked my e-mail and .... still waiting for their decision :colone:

Oh wow! You must be so...so...fed up of waiting!

I doubt we'll hear this week as they'll be busy with interviews.... Urgh.... Maybe next week? Please Leicester
Original post by Amyk89
Oh wow! You must be so...so...fed up of waiting!

I doubt we'll hear this week as they'll be busy with interviews.... Urgh.... Maybe next week? Please Leicester

Haha, I dont know, they might give out some offers this Thursday and Friday - that is what I want to believe.
However I know it will be late next week. :biggrin:
Haha, I dont know, they might give out some offers this Thursday and Friday - that is what I want to believe.
However I know it will be late next week. :biggrin:

I keep thinking today will be the day but realistically I know it won't be... I am not sure what I will fill my days with once I don't have to check my emails every 5 minutes.

Lets hope you're right and we hear the end of this week.
Original post by Amyk89
I keep thinking today will be the day but realistically I know it won't be... I am not sure what I will fill my days with once I don't have to check my emails every 5 minutes.

Lets hope you're right and we hear the end of this week.

yeah, lets hope... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending