The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Postgraduate Accommodation Bristol

Hi, I'm coming to Bristol in September to start a PGCE course and need to find somewhere to live. I don't really want to live in halls, ideally I'd like to find a houseshare with other postgrads. Any ideas on where to start looking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by marina_89
Hi, I'm coming to Bristol in September to start a PGCE course and need to find somewhere to live. I don't really want to live in halls, ideally I'd like to find a houseshare with other postgrads. Any ideas on where to start looking?

Hi Marina,
I am a prospective postgraduate student too. I am still not sure on whether I will stay in university accommodation or a private flat since I am still considering both options.

if you want we can have a chat here on TSR :smile: .

I've found this interesting document on the university's website, have a check
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/media/docs/factsheets/finding-accommodation.pdf

Mickky
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
There is no shortage of accom in Bristol but here are some ways to find something :

1) Uni of Bristol's Student Union has its own (good) lettings service designed to weed out the bad landlords - http://ubulettings.co.uk/ - flats and rooms.

2) Student Spare Room is a good way to find spare rooms in existing flatshares - http://student.spareroom.co.uk/

3) For conventional Lettings agency stuff - http://www.nestoria.co.uk/bristol/property/rent

Good areas to look at are Clifton (a bit 'posh' but mostly beautiful buildings), Redland, Cotham (both cheaper), Whiteladies Road area (main route to Uni - good shopping). Avoid Stokes Croft.
Reply 3
Hi I am also starting a pgce at uwe in September and would be interested to get in touch with other people on the course to look at accommodation options. Have you had any luck yet? Sara
Hiya,

just to offer you another option, College Green is a small private hall overlooking College Green! We tent to get a large number of postgrads stay with us as we offer studios and 2 bed apartments. There is an on-site gym, cinema room, games room and common room, so its a great place to meet people but you can escape to the comfort of your own room very easily!

Just thought i would offer it as an option! http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-student-accommodation/bristol/college-green

I wish you luck in your search

Laura
Reply 5
Hey everyone!

I am doing a Masters at Uni of Bristol from September 2014 and also looking for a place to live, would be up for share a house or something . Don't really want to live in a flat, would prefer a more postgraduate environment, to say something .

Cheers!
(edited 9 years ago)
are you still looking?
are you still looking for somewhere Marina?
Reply 8
I am also looking for the same, I will be starting my MSc in Biomedical Sciences Research, but I am having a hard time finding something that really satisfies me, I have looked at the university accomodation, UBU lettings and CRM and Collegiate. I also don´t want to live with undergrads, I´m no entirely sure about the university accomodation. Let me know if you find something!
Hi, I am also a postgrad starting MSc Science communcation in September and keen to live in the city rather than on campus. Is anyone still looking? :smile:
Hi everyone! I'm starting MSc Global Wildlife Health & Conservation in September, and myself and another girl on my course are looking for housemates to share a place with in the city centre (close to the bus station as we'll have to get the bus to the vet campus every day). If anyone's interested please let me know :smile:
Hi all!

I'm going to be studying a PGCE in Secondary English and have already teamed up with one other student and my trainee barrister boyfriend to start looking for a house :smile:

We would love to hear from anyone else interested in sharing :smile:

Just drop me a message!

Chrissy :smile: x
Hi all!

I'm going to be studying a PGCE in Secondary English and have already teamed up with one other student and my trainee barrister boyfriend to start looking for a house :smile:

We would love to hear from anyone else interested in sharing :smile:

Just drop me a message!

Chrissy :smile: x
Hi Sara,

Did you manage to sort out your accommodation?

- Chrissy :smile: x
Original post by x laura bio x
Hi, I am also a postgrad starting MSc Science communcation in September and keen to live in the city rather than on campus. Is anyone still looking? :smile:

Hey :biggrin: I haven't really started looking yet, but I am also hoping to study Science Communication in September provided I don't completely fail my degree. I would also like to live in the city as it will probably be easier in terms of work.
Hi guys, im starting an MSc in Economics in september and I signed up for the university's postgraduate house search event. Its spaced over 3 days and you are provided accomodation in student halls for the duration to meet other postgrad students and find a house share; details here http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/postgraduate/postgraduate-private-rentals/postgraduate-house-search-event/
Reply 16
Hello everyone!
I will be studying MEd in Psychology of Education at the University of Bristol and I am a bit worried about accommodation. As it seems I am non-guaranteed for the university's halls and as a result I started searching for en-suite bedrooms in private halls. Why is it so difficult to find a place to live in a reasonable price?? I see that almost every en-suite bedroom in Halls is already sold-out!:confused:
What are your thoughts?
Original post by Laurasaurus710
Hi everyone! I'm starting MSc Global Wildlife Health & Conservation in September, and myself and another girl on my course are looking for housemates to share a place with in the city centre (close to the bus station as we'll have to get the bus to the vet campus every day). If anyone's interested please let me know :smile:

Hi Laura, how's the accommodation hunt going? My masters is at UWE so I'm looking to stay somewhere near the bus station or that has decent parking :smile:
Reply 18
Hi Laura, how's the accommodation hunt going? My masters is at UWE so I'm looking to stay somewhere near the bus station or that has decent parking :smile:

Hi, I'm still looking for somewhere to live too, are you guys based in Bristol at the minute?

Hey :smile: I've been talking to some people who might be interested in sharing, I've told them what I'm looking for so they're going to get back to me soon hopefully. If that doesn't work out I'll let you know and we can maybe look into sharing a place :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending