The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Biryani007
Lol does NaBH4 ring any bells then (it's the same thing) :smile:
You musn't have got that bad because you wouldn't be in uni otherwise and I was thinking medicine but its just the interest on the loans that's putting me off (midwifery is funded by NHS) :/
I'm not going to say because they are all around where I live :biggrin: don't want you stalking me now do I?

Thats pretty decent

And my course gets no such subsidy BUT it is cheaper than what they charge to do a single qualification on my course :tongue:

let's say one of the qualification last year cost £3500 to teach. The uni charged £3465 for tuition fees :smile:
Original post by Ornlu
Noop... Probably why I did so bad in Chemistry then :teehee:
I carried on 4 A levels into A2 so it was less important that I flopped it.
Sure the loans can be a bit bad (and then there's the Islamic side to it that one oft sees being discussed in the I-Soc) but in the long run, Medicine pays a lot lot more, so you won't be lumbered with debt for that long at all - it's your choice though, obviously...
I already know that you're from Yorkshire :ninja:

Hmmmmm I don't know what to do, I might find a job and work for a while before going uni, I don't know :/
Think I need to pray salaatul istikhara :smile:
My biology teacher thinks I'm mental for not going for medicine aha
Have you been stalking my posts Ornlu :wink:
Reply 8522
Hmmmmm I don't know what to do, I might find a job and work for a while before going uni, I don't know :/
Think I need to pray salaatul istikhara :smile:
My biology teacher thinks I'm mental for not going for medicine aha
Have you been stalking my posts Ornlu :wink:

Whatever makes you happy, boss :redface:
May Allah guide you wisely :smile:
If even your teacher thinks that, then maybe you are mental :laugh:
No :ninja: I just occassionally remember weird things that people mention about themselves - if I don't know a person that well, I will retain loads of tiny nuggets of information that they mention because they are a blank canvas so whatever they say, I will associate it with them... When I started uni, my friends were creeped out that I could remember facts that they said about themselves whilst they remembered little of what I said about myself... I even remember what colour nail varnish one my friends was wearing for the first 5 times I saw her :K:
Reply 8523
A level chemistry discussion? Need to get an A overall this year :frown:
I miss A Level Chemistry... was my absolute favourite! :frown:
Reply 8525
Original post by IqraHaq
Aw :console:

:frown:
Original post by de_monies
But you do make good biryani :tongue:

I like that. Like people say I like people that like me for me and not my looks/wealth etc... and then youre like people want me for my biryani :biggrin:

Ahaha well my biryani is the bomb :biggrin:
Original post by Ornlu
Whatever makes you happy, boss :redface:
May Allah guide you wisely :smile:
If even your teacher thinks that, then maybe you are mental :laugh:
No :ninja: I just occassionally remember weird things that people mention about themselves - if I don't know a person that well, I will retain loads of tiny nuggets of information that they mention because they are a blank canvas so whatever they say, I will associate it with them... When I started uni, my friends were creeped out that I could remember facts that they said about themselves whilst they remembered little of what I said about myself... I even remember what colour nail varnish one my friends was wearing for the first 5 times I saw her :K:

Omg I'm like that tooo, it's the Sherlock in me (I friggin love Sherlock!) :colone:
Oh it's cute how you called me boss...girl power! :wink:
Original post by TheBBQ
A level chemistry discussion? Need to get an A overall this year :frown:

Me too but I'm hoping for an A* inshaaA :biggrin:
Everyone around me has started revising already, I think I'm leaving it too late :/
Ahaha well my biryani is the bomb :biggrin:

Can I have some biryani :colondollar:

I had to have kerela today :puke:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 3A*s in my A-levels mashallah, studying Law next year God Willing
Reply 8531
Me too but I'm hoping for an A* inshaaA :biggrin:
Everyone around me has started revising already, I think I'm leaving it too late :/

It's the stupid practicals that i can't do.. And making silly mistakes really screws you over! I had a mock and i lost 3 marks in a mechanism for a missing lone pair and a negative sign.. Then I lost 6 marks in a two part question because I didn't read the units for volume correctly... :facepalm:
Original post by majmuh24
Can I have some biryani :colondollar:

I had to have kerela today :puke:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure! :biggrin:
Just PM me your address and bank details :wink:
Disclaimer: The product may not match the description given but it will be edible...no refunds or exchanges :biggrin:
Original post by Aurangzeb
I got 3A*s in my A-levels mashallah, studying Law next year God Willing

Are you going to take a student loan?
Disclaimer: The product may not match the description given but it will be edible...no refunds or exchanges :biggrin:

You sound like one of those 'Nigerian princes' off the internet :afraid:

No worries, I got my biryani dealer to hook me up with some of that good stuff :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
morning
Original post by TheBBQ
It's the stupid practicals that i can't do.. And making silly mistakes really screws you over! I had a mock and i lost 3 marks in a mechanism for a missing lone pair and a negative sign.. Then I lost 6 marks in a two part question because I didn't read the units for volume correctly... :facepalm:

Oh really I'm actually better at the practicals, I somehow manage to fluke them lol and at most lose one mark Alhamdulillah :biggrin:
My chemistry teacher always nags on about highlighting the key points in a question and it actually works in terms of stopping us making silly mistakes - try it :smile:
Original post by majmuh24
You sound like one of those 'Nigerian princes' off the internet :afraid:

No worries, I got my biryani dealer to hook me up with some of that good stuff :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahahaha erm but I'm not nigerian :frown:
I love how everyone on here loves biryani....my family think Im odd aha
Original post by perfezione
morning

Afternoon*
Unless you're American (take that any way you please) :wink:

Woah woah woah. thats my line :tongue:

Also on "da bomb" comment. just imagining biryani blowing up...

Latest