The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Is Royal Holloway a good place for international students?

I am living in Asia and have grown up here and have gotten a conditional offer from Royal Holloway and would like to go. My dad is from Scotland so Scotland is really the only place we go to when we visit the UK. I only been to London not Surrey as a child but don't remember much. I was just wandering if Royal Holloway would be good for a student like me who has never been to England let alone Surrey. I was thinking in terms of activities, sports, location, students, accomodation etc. Thanks for any responses!
Royal Holloway is! I don't go there but I know they have loads of international student societies :smile: What part of Asia are you from?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Royal Holloway is! I don't go there but I know they have loads of international student societies :smile: What part of Asia are you from?

I'm from Hong Kong but thre are loads of other people like me from the UK or America but living here in HK. I'm just nervous about moving to a new location but kind of excited as well :smile:
Original post by EuanCW
I'm from Hong Kong but thre are loads of other people like me from the UK or America but living here in HK. I'm just nervous about moving to a new location but kind of excited as well :smile:

HK is awesome I love that place!! :smile: Royal Holloway is beautiful you should go :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
HK is awesome I love that place!! :smile: Royal Holloway is beautiful you should go :smile:

Haha, Thanks! Most likely going there :biggrin:
Original post by EuanCW
Haha, Thanks! Most likely going there :biggrin:

Dmi! If you ever want to talk to me about Hong Kong, feel free to :biggrin:
Lol every international student I talk to hates their life.. royal holloway isnt in london, its in a tiny ****ty town in surrey where night life doesnt exist and the only thing to do is get high 24/7

Seriously its a con, dont fall into the trap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shartos maximus
Lol every international student I talk to hates their life.. royal holloway isnt in london, its in a tiny ****ty town in surrey where night life doesnt exist and the only thing to do is get high 24/7

Seriously its a con, dont fall into the trap

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by EuanCW
I am living in Asia and have grown up here and have gotten a conditional offer from Royal Holloway and would like to go. My dad is from Scotland so Scotland is really the only place we go to when we visit the UK. I only been to London not Surrey as a child but don't remember much. I was just wandering if Royal Holloway would be good for a student like me who has never been to England let alone Surrey. I was thinking in terms of activities, sports, location, students, accomodation etc. Thanks for any responses!

Hello,
Royal Holloway works hard to try and ensure all its students Home and Overseas enjoy being here. Of course this always depends on whether you make the most of your experience.

You might want to see in our wide range of societies? https://www.su.rhul.ac.uk/societies/

In 'The Complete University Guide' our students have scored Royal Holloway 4.08 our of 5 for student satisfaction, which is high and Royal Holloway is ranked in fifth place in the world (first in the UK) in the category of 'International Outlook', demonstrating that we have a global presepctive.

There is no 'trap' it is quite clear that Royal Holloway is based in Surrey as Euan pointed out - it is easy to get into London though. You just need to hop on a train. We have a big SU where people go on Friday nights, clubs in Windsor you can go to or you can have a night out in London. I hear that a lot people do house parties.

The main feedback I've had from students is that there is a definite community feel. If you are looking for a friendly and welcoming Uni that supports all of its students this is the place for you :smile:

Do you have any other questions?
Laurel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending