Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Primary Education at Edge Hill September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by smcc2
Just woken up to my offer for primary maths education! soooo unbelievably happy :smile: good luck to everyone who still has their interview!

Fantastic! Well done! x
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 41
Hi everyone! Well done for your offers! I have conditionals for both early years and full primary, still a bit undecided! Edge hill is going to be my firm though! I've heard the placement side is a bit dodgy, with them taking far too long to sort them out, and my friends sister is graduating late due to this!
I presume it's probably like this at every uni tho!
What's everyone thinking for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely firming Edge Hill, love the campus so so much! Can't wait to start, good luck to everyone who's still in the interview process! :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by Amypryer
Hi everyone! Well done for your offers! I have conditionals for both early years and full primary, still a bit undecided! Edge hill is going to be my firm though! I've heard the placement side is a bit dodgy, with them taking far too long to sort them out, and my friends sister is graduating late due to this!
I presume it's probably like this at every uni tho!
What's everyone thinking for accommodation

Hi Amy,

I have my interview next month for primary teaching. Could you tell me a bit about the interview. Is the tests difficult? How should I prepare? How was the interview over all. Congrats on your offers.
Reply 44
Edge hill

My interview was quite a strange set up really, with it being two candidates to one interviewer, which made it much more relaxed, and we helped each other out and prompted each other! Make sure you know about the curriculum a bit, for things like phonics and differentiating lessons etc. and can relate your chosen book to them!

The test is fine, just brush up on maths methods (long multiplication/division) I watched YouTube videos! There are three sections, maths English and science, and then you have to answer some questions in essay form. English is mainly grammar, science is really easy, just common sense!

Best of luck, don't be too nervous!

Amy xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahellene
what did everyone use to revise for the skills test? ive passed literacy but failed numeracy by 3 marks because I panicked about the time limit. I need to rebook it soon but wanted to know how everyone else passed it

hi :smile: can I ask how you found the Literacy skills? I have mine soon and would just like to know what you found different or similar to the online tests..I passed the maths a couple of months ago, just keep practising you'll be fine!
Original post by EmmaJane483
hi :smile: can I ask how you found the Literacy skills? I have mine soon and would just like to know what you found different or similar to the online tests..I passed the maths a couple of months ago, just keep practising you'll be fine!

I didn't think the literacy was too bad, but I do a level English so it could br because of this. As long as you know basic spelling, punctuation and grammar you'll be fine. the comprehension was a bit difficult and worded unusually but just make sure you answer all the questions and leave yourself to go over your answers at the end. keep practicing and you'll be fine! good luckx
Reply 47
Hi Sarahellen :smile:
I have my interview next month for primary teaching. Could you tell me a bit about the interview. Is the tests difficult? How should I prepare? How was the interview over all. I would appreciate any advice :smile:
Reply 48
Just got my edge hill offer, been waiting for a month for a response! Unbelievably happy ☺️☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Hi,

I found out the middle of January that I have an unconditional offer for early years at edge hill. Anyone else here got on?

It seems to be a selective course, a lot of people who I was interviewed with didn't seem to get on.

Congrats to those who have offers and best of luck to those waiting! I know the feeling is tedious - hopefully it will be worth while! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trishg22
Hi Sarahellen :smile:
I have my interview next month for primary teaching. Could you tell me a bit about the interview. Is the tests difficult? How should I prepare? How was the interview over all. I would appreciate any advice :smile:

the interview was really nice and I felt comfortable around the interviewers. it sometimes felt like they were trying to help you expand on your answers, giving you more time to think of your answer. My interview consisted of me and another candidate sitting on a table with 2 interviewers. We first took it in turns to explain our book, how we would use it and for what age group. when talking about your book make sure you talk about how it can be used for maths, english and science and any other subjects if you can . They are very interested to hear how you can incorporate art into it too. When the other person reads their book make sure at the end you ask questions, even if it is only one, because this shows the interviewers that you have been thinking outside the box. After this we got split up for our one on one interview which I thought was going to be intimidating but was actually really calm and friendly. I was asked*5 main questions but then got other questions relating to my answer. Make sure you talk about your experience within a primary school because this shows that you are dedicated and more is learnt on placement rather than at the uni.
all that I can say really is just be yourself, stay calm(although they do expect you to be nervous) and SMILE!!

Good Luck!
Reply 51
Original post by MissRebReb
Hi,

I found out the middle of January that I have an unconditional offer for early years at edge hill. Anyone else here got on?

It seems to be a selective course, a lot of people who I was interviewed with didn't seem to get on.

Congrats to those who have offers and best of luck to those waiting! I know the feeling is tedious - hopefully it will be worth while! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got onto early years too! See you in September ! ;D
Reply 52
Hi,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a conditional offer, to pass QTS, which I've now passed so I'll be going in September :smile: I still can't believe that I got an offer!
Hope to see you in September :biggrin:
Reply 53
Well done guys! Hope to see you in september? Maybe we should make a Facebook group or something?

:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Well done guys! Hope to see you in september? Maybe we should make a Facebook group or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That'd be a good idea! A Primary/Early Years fb group
Reply 55
Original post by TNA123
That'd be a good idea! A Primary/Early Years fb group

That's actually a really good idea! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Yeah. I think there's about 80 of us in total for ey!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
In August, when it's definite who's on the course, we may have to make a separate EY group since the Primary group is twice our size haha
I've got an offer for qts early years too! :biggrin:
Reply 59
Congratulations!

And yes I agree about the fb group! We are all crawling out the woodwork now! Smashing! I'm so excited!!! Haha (geek)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending