The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PocketMerlin
That's quite a nice figure actually (although not if you haven't yet had an interview).

It is better than some medical schools. But most medical schools often reject 300 or even fewer applicants post-interview.
Original post by Huatah
Yeah they score it. Need near perfect scores

So 500+ people get near perfect scores. I am feeling really incompetent now.. :colondollar:
Original post by blah_blah2345
It is better than some medical schools. But most medical schools often reject 300 or even fewer applicants post-interview.

That's very true. For London it's a nice-ish figure; although maybe they have achieved this by cutting down a little bit on the number of interviews handed out, probably so as to make the selection process a little quicker?
Reply 2303
Original post by blah_blah2345
So 500+ people get near perfect scores. I am feeling really incompetent now.. :colondollar:

lol nothing u can do bout it now. just chillax and wait. the interviewers judge not based on how much u say but based on logic n confidence anw. results shld be out in 1st wk of march
Original post by Dandaman9999
For the article do you literally speak at the interviewers for a few minutes about it? Because there is so much to say I'm not sure how I can fit it into a less than 2 minute question slot :s

Could people STOP asking questions related to the interview! It is not fair on others who have had interviews before...
Original post by Arabian_doc
Had my interview on Monday and couldn't agree more with what you've said. Can people who have already had their interviews please not give any hints away because your not only reducing your own chances of getting an offer but other people's too and that's not fair! I'm sure barts wouldn't be very happy if they knew who you were too tbh!!! People asking questions, can you please just read the email? That's what most of us went by so it should be enough for you too...

Ditto, this guy speaks the truth :smile:
Reply 2306
Original post by Arabian_doc
Had my interview on Monday and couldn't agree more with what you've said. Can people who have already had their interviews please not give any hints away because your not only reducing your own chances of getting an offer but other people's too and that's not fair! I'm sure barts wouldn't be very happy if they knew who you were too tbh!!! People asking questions, can you please just read the email? That's what most of us went by so it should be enough for you too...

So true! I've had two people PM me asking for help/advice. Bart's tell us enough...

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do we find out about offers?
Reply 2308
Original post by doctoreleanor
When do we find out about offers?

They said mid march

Posted from TSR Mobile
I say TSR should halt this thread until all interviews are done..That is what they do with exams??
Jeeeeeeeez didn't realise my comment would spark such an uproar! Sorry, it wasn't meant to be an intrusive request asking people about the interview, it was just meant to be asking for advice OUTSIDE the interview of how to structure such an answer with timings. Apologies for any misunderstanding!
Reply 2311
Original post by Dandaman9999
Jeeeeeeeez didn't realise my comment would spark such an uproar! Sorry, it wasn't meant to be an intrusive request asking people about the interview, it was just meant to be asking for advice OUTSIDE the interview of how to structure such an answer with timings. Apologies for any misunderstanding!

I feel the same as you for answering your question :redface: I hope I didn't give too much away! It was just general advice I don't think it'll give you an advantage over anyone else.. Sorry if I've offended anyone though! Believe me I'm not trying to reduce anyones chance of getting an offer!!
Original post by Ke299
I feel the same as you for answering your question :redface: I hope I didn't give too much away! It was just general advice I don't think it'll give you an advantage over anyone else.. Sorry if I've offended anyone though! Believe me I'm not trying to reduce anyones chance of getting an offer!!

You are reducing your own chances never mind anyone else's! If people want advice re how to structure their answers there are plenty of other non-Barts related interview prep threads! :colondollar:
Reply 2313
Original post by games211
You are reducing your own chances never mind anyone else's! If people want advice re how to structure their answers there are plenty of other non-Barts related interview prep threads! :colondollar:

I'm really sorry if I have! I genuinely didn't think saying what I said would count as giving away info about the interview! It seems fairly obvious to me! I am so sorry to anyone who feels I've reduced their chances though :frown:

EDIT: I've deleted my earlier post for anyone who feels it gave away too much info
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ke299
I'm really sorry if I have! I genuinely didn't think saying what I said would count as giving away info about the interview! It seems fairly obvious to me! I am so sorry to anyone who feels I've reduced their chances though :frown:

EDIT: I've deleted my earlier post for anyone who feels it gave away too much info

awwwwwww :colondollar:
I also think post-interview applicants should stop giving out interview advice. It is seriously reducing our chances. So please could people refrain from asking questions re anything related to interviews.
If people are this competitive on TSR that they don't want to help others with some general advice, God knows how bad they will be in a medical school setting!
Original post by Webmasterx12
If people are this competitive on TSR that they don't want to help others with some general advice, God knows how bad they will be in a medical school setting!

Not as bad as this! You are sorted once you are in medical school. Medicine is ridiculously competitive I just want everyone to be on a level playing field. Because even the slightest advantage could distinguish between an offer or rejection!

Get where I am coming from, bro?
You guys need to relax, believe in yourself :smile:
Reply 2319
Does anyone want to do a mock interview over skype?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending