The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jalouise
Well I've always received my letters on a Saturday so for me by next Saturday? They seem to always send letters out on a Friday. Perhaps they'll send letters out next Friday?

Hey, can everyone on this thread post as soon as they get their letter and say whether you got accepted,what your A level subjects are and if you will accept their offer and attend the school in september. Hopefully, all of us will!!!!! IM SOOOO NERVOUS

P.s. could anyone that had their interview on the 5th tell me how it went and why your interview was a different day?
Thanks!!!
x
Reply 521
Well I've always received my letters on a Saturday so for me by next Saturday? They seem to always send letters out on a Friday. Perhaps they'll send letters out next Friday?
what! Next Saturday! That's such a long wait! The interview letter came on Saturday but I think the first ever letter I received from them was on Tuesday or Wednesday. Oh, that's sad to hear that your interviewer didn't want to divulge his opinions. For physics, I asked my interviewer to explain to me what energy and charge was and he obliged(!) well, when I say asked, I really mean I said "I've always wondered what exactly is energy and charge… so could you tell me?" and then he started to explain it for me. Although, the things he did say I already knew - that energy was a thing that was transferable and charge was a number. What I really wanted to know was - is energy a wave? Or a vibration? If we could see it, what would energy be composed of? But the conversation quickly turned into a discussion about the universe so that was the end of that.
Reply 522
Original post by Muffyn
Whilst I can't say I like RS (promptly dropped it at gcse when given the chance), I think subjects such as RS or philosophy or English would provide an amazing basis to be interviewed on, as these are all subjects which are thought-provoking and allows you to express your opinions and viewpoints. Thus, I think it is with subjects like these which will provide a real insight for the interviewer on what the candidate is thinking about - ultimately, there will be some candidates who haven't given the topics they are doing at school much thought and will only scratch the surface of the discussion given, whereas some will be able to provide a more deeper and meaningful discussion on the topic at hand, and it will be these people which HWSF will make offers to (judging from your previous post, you seemed to do that). Whilst factual subjects would be easier to be interviewed on, there is not much space to express yourself. Perhaps, did you ask your interviewer for their viewpoint on the matter as well (you talked about euthanasia-perhaps you and the interviewer could have had a conversation sharing your opinions on the matter).

I do love physics, so long as it veers right away from electricity/magnetism/motor/transformers, which unfortunately is what we are learning about currently.

Astrophysics and quantum Physics I find the most interesting out of all aspects of Physics that I am aware of however the others I find completely unbearable hence as to why I am letting go of all sciences and types of Maths at the end of this year. But I am sure you are can deal with it because you are so passionate about the subject and hopefully you will get a place because you really deserve it. :smile:
Reply 523
I'm trying not to think about it...coming on here isn't helping. I think you have a slight advantage being from a Harris School so yippee! I really just want to know whether I am in or not. It's the not knowing that's frustrating.

Goodluck! I really hope you get in, you seem super bright ><

I doubt that I have any advantage, and I am going to try and avoid going on here as well because it just make me more nervous, I really hope you get in as well, that way we can have a proper conversation without being in an awkward tense waiting room as you appear super bright as well and a great person to talk to :smile: ¡BUENA SUERTE!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 524
Original post by amyth4824
Astrophysics and quantum Physics I find the most interesting out of all aspects of Physics that I am aware of however the others I find completely unbearable hence as to why I am letting go of all sciences and types of Maths at the end of this year. But I am sure you are can deal with it because you are so passionate about the subject and hopefully you will get a place because you really deserve it. :smile:

Whoa, snap. Although I haven't researched into quantum physics properly, I read the first few lines on what wiki had to say on it and I simply can not wait to learn about it at a-level (at least, I think it's on the syllabus). Astrophysics is amazing too. Basically, I like everything that is abstract or is 'far away', and for me, electricity is a bit too close to real life when i prefer studying things invisible such as energy/atoms etc (looks like I won't be going into engineering any time soon...). Also, to everyone on here - don't avoid this thread! I need people to talk to! :biggrin:
Reply 525
Original post by Muffyn
Whoa, snap. Although I haven't researched into quantum physics properly, I read the first few lines on what wiki had to say on it and I simply can not wait to learn about it at a-level (at least, I think it's on the syllabus). Astrophysics is amazing too. Basically, I like everything that is abstract or is 'far away', and for me, electricity is a bit too close to real life when i prefer studying things invisible such as energy/atoms etc (looks like I won't be going into engineering any time soon...). Also, to everyone on here - don't avoid this thread! I need people to talk to! :biggrin:

I'm avoiding the physics talk for now. It isn't really my cup of tea. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 526
Original post by KoolAid
I'm avoiding the physics talk for now. It isn't really my cup of tea. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, you could just start another topic discussion on here about your favourite subject, and people may just respond to your post . :smile:
hey guys, just want to say i just check twitter, and the letter is just send out for the offers
Reply 528
Original post by yuting zhuang
hey guys, just want to say i just check twitter, and the letter is just send out for the offers

Woooo!
Awesome. Thanks :biggrin:
Cant wait for the letters ... they have been sent out
Good Luck for everyone who has applied.

Due to popular demand all the #HWSF admin people now have roller skates and, as a result, letters are going out today to interviewees.- James Handscombe
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 530

Oh my god!! I literally screamed (and the stifled it) when I read your post! And uh, sorry if ignored you on the day of the interviews. Just checked mr handscombe's twitter page and indeed he has (was kind of avoiding his twitter site because it was depressing just waiting for him to mention something about letters)
Reply 531
Original post by Muffyn
Oh my god!! I literally screamed (and the stifled it) when I read your post! And uh, sorry if ignored you on the day of the interviews. Just checked mr handscombe's twitter page and indeed he has (was kind of avoiding his twitter site because it was depressing just waiting for him to mention something about letters)

OMG! Now I am super nervous! Honestly good luck to all
Original post by Muffyn

lol it's okay, hope you do get the offer!!1:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 533
lol it's okay, hope you do get the offer!!1:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OMG! Now I am super nervous! Honestly good luck to all

Original post by sharangan106
Cant wait for the letters ... they have been sent out
Good Luck for everyone who has applied.

Due to popular demand all the #HWSF admin people now have roller skates and, as a result, letters are going out today to interviewees.- James Handscombe

Original post by Mathbomb
Woooo!
Awesome. Thanks :biggrin:

So... I'm guessing they didn't use references (I haven't asked my referee if she has been contacted yet). Anyways, last time for the interview letters, people who passed had a first class stamped letters, whereas people who didn't got second class stamped letters. Praying mine comes tommorow. Fingers crossed!
Reply 534
Original post by Muffyn

Yeah,anything that is not normal will grab my attention any day. I LITERALLY HAD A HEART ATTACK WHEN I READ THE TWEET. This feels like the letter for the interviews again....oh gosh.
Reply 535
Yeah,anything that is not normal will grab my attention any day. I LITERALLY HAD A HEART ATTACK WHEN I READ THE TWEET. This feels like the letter for the interviews again....oh gosh.

Bwahahah, I saw Mr handscombe's tweet when he said interview letters were out and so the following morning, all I did was sit on the staircase waiting for the letter to fall through the letterbox.
Reply 536
Original post by Muffyn
Bwahahah, I saw Mr handscombe's tweet when he said interview letters were out and so the following morning, all I did was sit on the staircase waiting for the letter to fall through the letterbox.

I sat opposite the front door waiting for the post anxiously and my friend got hers before me so all I could think was that it was not the end of the world but when it did come I screamed so loudly in joy. But this is just....
Reply 537
Original post by Muffyn
Well, you could just start another topic discussion on here about your favourite subject, and people may just respond to your post . :smile:

I was kidding really! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 538
I sat opposite the front door waiting for the post anxiously and my friend got hers before me so all I could think was that it was not the end of the world but when it did come I screamed so loudly in joy. But this is just....

Oh god, if the letter does not come tomorrow, it probably means I didn't get in (well, I suppose it could get lost in the post but I'm not the optimistic kind to think like that). Basically, if all you people get the letter and start posting on this thread tomorrow, don't wonder why I haven't bothered posting, it means I haven't got the letter -_-
Reply 539
Currently hyperventilating in costa...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest