The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
:parrot: Mass quote by me now
Yeah I can understand the problems with the name Ugur in english, )someone I'm very close to has also got that name :tongue:). But in Turksih, I think it's a beautiful name :yes:

I'll see you with the GS game soon :colone:
ye its fine when i go to turkey etc. whats your name?
Original post by RamocitoMorales

Sorry, but the concubines here are reserved for the Sultan only. :pimp:

:lol:
Original post by lNurl
At least you did not put it into relationship section, people there would tell you "break up he is cheating" look

So true haha. It's an automated response for that section. "I think I'm fat" "Break up with him."

I'm inclined to agree with what lNurl said. I'd want my food to be ready for when I get back. No sandwich. Çorba. :cool:

Ah, I don't make sandwiches so I'd fail at your first hurdle. Aside from sandwiches I'm a pretty decent cook and always have the dinner ready.

On an exciting side, 5 month countdown to Turkey. My first time in Izmir and Istanbul!

Edit. P.S, Please don't throw me out for not having been to Istanbul. :wink:
Original post by cem101
ye its fine when i go to turkey etc. whats your name?

It's budgie of course :wink:

Original post by theateam121
I don't mean to 'darken' your thread and I certainly didn't come here for relationship advice (we have a whole section for that y'know.)

But there's some dashing Turkish fellas here who I believe could give me an insight. [/QU

As much as I love my darling Turkish man he seems to go to work at 8:30 and due to being a busy logistics company doesn't get back until 9/10 pm sometimes. I wouldn't mind this (I rather like the peace and quiet) However, he does not let me know.

My question to you lovely males is, is this normal for a Turkish man? Is it a requirement of a Turkish wife to let you be out wherever you may please without telling your wife where so?

I guess every couple is different. In short I think he should be out till as long as he pleases, but he should at least send a text to tell you when he's leaving so you don't get worried or too distant.

Original post by Mario_leufft
I'm not turkish but i just lovvve turkish women... Pm me :wink:

This is how I picture you :laugh:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3484
it feels like in the generation above there are not many educated turks, is this down to heavy migration in the last generation or two?
Turkish people have very low iq's in general. The further east you go away from the big cities, the more idiots you will encounter.
Original post by ChaoticSkills
Turkish people have very low iq's in general. The further east you go away from the big cities, the more idiots you will encounter.

I seriously hope that this is some kind of poor attempt at a joke... :curious:
Reply 3487

What's so difficult to pronounce about 'Baran'? :curious:

Spoiler

I have a middle name and a first name, James and Baran, so james isn't the anglicised version of Baran. Also you'd be surprised how many people can get it wrong! Baran is almost always pronounced Baron by anyone whos not turkish
Original post by Jozden
I have a middle name and a first name, James and Baran, so james isn't the anglicised version of Baran.

So you're half Turkish? :holmes:

Jozden
Also you'd be surprised how many people can get it wrong! Baran is almost always pronounced Baron by anyone whos not turkish

Just correct them and they'll get it right thereon in. It shouldn't matter if the odd stranger says 'Baron'. It's like 'Ba (everyone can say 'Ba' since I hear them say it for the footballer Demba Ba) - Run'. Simples. :wink2:
Original post by ChaoticSkills

What makes you say that?
Reply 3490
So you're half Turkish? :holmes:

Just correct them and they'll get it right thereon in. It shouldn't matter if the odd stranger says 'Baron'. It's like 'Ba (everyone can say 'Ba' since I hear them say it for the footballer Demba Ba) - Run'. Simples. :wink2:

Yep half English, half Turkish! very perceptive of you haha are you fully Turkish yourself?

And well why teach people to call me Baran when I have a perfectly good English name that everyone can pronounce with no questions asked?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3491
Original post by Jozden
Yep half English, half Turkish! very perceptive of you haha are you fully Turkish yourself?

And well why teach people to me Baran when I have a perfectly good English name that everyone can pronounce with no questions asked?

I don't want make you sad, but in Russian the word "baran" means "sheep" :smile: use James :colondollar:
Original post by lNurl
I don't want make you sad, but in Russian the word "baran" means "sheep" :smile: use James :colondollar:

No one cares about what dumb Russians think.
No one cares about what dumb Russians think.

Someone's in a bad mood... :lolwut:
Original post by lNurl

The word 'sick' has an unpleasant meaning in Turkish, its still ok to use it though :smile: (in English of course)
Reply 3495
Original post by rosewater1
The word 'sick' has an unpleasant meaning in Turkish, its still ok to use it though :smile: (in English of course)

It's same with Azeri, tbh I never though about that or bad meaning of these words eg. sick, thick unless last summer, when my cousin asked me how do you say "kalın" in english, I said, she was laughing, and I was there staring at her innocently, ofc then she told me why :colone:

Spoiler

loooooooool.jpg
Original post by rosewater1

Explain. I've not heard of the word 'sick'. It doesn't even sound Turkish. Is it some sort of new slang that I've not managed to keep up with? :s-smilie:

Original post by TheGameOfScience
loooooooool.jpg

:facepalm2:

That's old as **** and this is coming from the person who said 'Turkish people have very low iq's in general. The further east you go away from the big cities, the more idiots you will encounter.'
Reply 3498
Explain. I've not heard of the word 'sick'. It doesn't even sound Turkish. Is it some sort of new slang that I've not managed to keep up with? :s-smilie:

Ramo, Don't embarrass yourself :colondollar: If you really really dont know PM me :colone:
Original post by lNurl
Ramo, Don't embarrass yourself :colondollar: If you really really dont know PM me :colone:

The only thing that I can think of is perhaps she meant 'sik'? :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest