Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kolatytler
there are some on the 25th and on the 3rd at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have still not been rejected, nor invited to interview!!! Should I ring up, this is crazy!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by br13
I just got an offer!!! my interview was 5th feb, hang in there everybody!!

Congrats!! :smile: Will you be firming?
Reply 3802
Hey guys, I have an interview invitation for the 3rd but just realised that's the first day of my mock exam week, so I requested a change in interview date. I was wondering if anyone knew whether there are any days after the 7th of March that people have interviews on?
Reply 3803
Original post by lovelycup7
Congrats!! :smile: Will you be firming?

I'm going to wait to hear back from my other universities, but when I went to interview at Kings i liked it so much more than i thought i would! Few question marks over it though RE: living in london, some people say because its so big you feel isolated, plus people are saying about the low student satisfaction rates...
Kings is so prestigious though I'm overjoyed to have gotten an offer! Have you got one? Are you firming?
Hey guys, I think there are going to be quite a few offers in march (fingers crossed) and that offer holders Facebook group will be lost in the middle of this thread by then. So, seeing as I was second to post in here, I've edited my post and put the link for the group in, so it's easy to find :smile:
Original post by br13
I'm going to wait to hear back from my other universities, but when I went to interview at Kings i liked it so much more than i thought i would! Few question marks over it though RE: living in london, some people say because its so big you feel isolated, plus people are saying about the low student satisfaction rates...
Kings is so prestigious though I'm overjoyed to have gotten an offer! Have you got one? Are you firming?

I know what you mean, it is a big decision. I live in London and love it to pieces, so I'm a bit biased, but personally I think it has the perfect balance between being a busy place with a million things to do - you could literally go out every day and discover a new amazing place. As for becoming isolated, I can't see that being much of a problem as a uni student, since you're always going to be part of the uni community and there's so much for you to get involved in within it. As for the student satisfaction, I found it really worrying too. But I have a few friends who go there and they're loving it, so I decided to just go for it ahah. Yep I've firmed :smile:
Who are you waiting on?
Today after 4.5 months of waiting and frantically checking my portal... the red updated sign decided to pop up after a hectic day! 20 th of February 7.43pm..... Application Unsuccessful ! :bricks:. However, Good Luck to all my fellow applicants who are waiting for an interview and those waiting for offers. Bye :flybye:
Reply 3807
Original post by KSSA
I had my interview on the same day, got an offer on the same day and am also doing the IB! :biggrin: what time was your interview? Well done on the offer!

hii sorry for responding so late!! thats so cool haha mine was at 11 :smile: when was yours? thank you and ditto!!!
Original post by Priya_Biju
Today after 4.5 months of waiting and frantically checking my portal... the red updated sign decided to pop up after a hectic day! 20 th of February 7.43pm..... Application Unsuccessful ! :bricks:. However, Good Luck to all my fellow applicants who are waiting for an interview and those waiting for offers. Bye :flybye:

ohh im so sorry, all this wait for nothing, hope you get an offer elsewhere, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3809
Original post by lovelycup7
I know what you mean, it is a big decision. I live in London and love it to pieces, so I'm a bit biased, but personally I think it has the perfect balance between being a busy place with a million things to do - you could literally go out every day and discover a new amazing place. As for becoming isolated, I can't see that being much of a problem as a uni student, since you're always going to be part of the uni community and there's so much for you to get involved in within it. As for the student satisfaction, I found it really worrying too. But I have a few friends who go there and they're loving it, so I decided to just go for it ahah. Yep I've firmed :smile:
Who are you waiting on?

Exeter (interview done) and Aberdeen still to go... tbh kings is great, I was just speaking to my friend who does medicine at Oxford and she says kings is the uni of choice for those who don't get into the Oxford clinical years (over UCL) - she has friends who have gone there and love it more than Oxford! I grew up in London and I think it'll be perfect for me.. expensive but only if you let it be so ? Excited. so overjoyed to have an offer!
Reply 3810
Original post by rascal23
hii sorry for responding so late!! thats so cool haha mine was at 11 :smile: when was yours? thank you and ditto!!!

Hi! Mine was at 10:20... Probably just missed you haha! Are you firming King's? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3811
Anyone else get the email just?
"Just like to assure you your application is still being considered"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Razer_M

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! Scared the life out of me haha
Reply 3813
Original post by aspiringmedic1
Yeah! Scared the life out of me haha

Hahah samee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Razer_M

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES. I thought it was an offer and I was so happy. What a let down -_-

...my heart is still pounding.
Reply 3815
Guys with that email, do you think they are reviewing our essays?
I really do hate King's now! Such trolls haha
Reply 3817
Has anyone from the December interviews rang them and asked why they're taking so long? every time I try ring they don't pick up :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96
Has anyone from the December interviews rang them and asked why they're taking so long? every time I try ring they don't pick up :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've tried, but no luck :frown: Maybe the lines were busy because so many of us from December haven't heard anything yet and we're all trying to ring them!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by vgautam
Guys with that email, do you think they are reviewing our essays?

I hope not, mine was AWFUL. I was so nervous, I couldn't write properly :s-smilie: I think qwerty_96 is right - it's probably to stop us all from ringing and emailing them because we've waited an awful lot longer than the two-three weeks we were promised.

Quick Reply

Latest