The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

HI Dani,
Oh really? Did not know that about the dysphagia. Sounds good. Do you know how many applicants there were this year?. Yes I have paid my deposit and I think I am all ready to go in Aug. Just need to find accommodation. xx

Original post by DANI_F
Hi Sasha,

I'm still in the midst of decision-making but more than likely I'll be taking Limerick. It's such a well reputed course and the Dysphagia qualification is included which isn't the case for the majority of the UK-based unis!

Have you accepted and paid your deposit on a place in UL?

Dani xx
Reply 501
Original post by Sasha24566
HI Dani,
Oh really? Did not know that about the dysphagia. Sounds good. Do you know how many applicants there were this year?. Yes I have paid my deposit and I think I am all ready to go in Aug. Just need to find accommodation. xx

Hi Sasha,

I'm not 100% sure how many applicants there were. It's generally around 200+ but they said there's more applying every year. It was my first year applying but they say many apply two or three times to get in.

Congrats on getting your place. UL really does have a great reputation. I also still have to sort accomodation. I'm dithering between a house or the postgrad medical residence on campus for the first year. They're only 500 yards from the Health Buildings which would be handy. What are you thinking?

I'm from Carlow by the way. Nice to meet ya.

Dani xx
Oh right so just as competitive as UK places then! Thanks, congrats to you too Im glad UL is a reputable uni, and im sure the course is going to be fantastic :smile:! Cant wait to start it! Yeah I am definitely going for shared house accommodation in Castletroy. Hopefully not too far from the uni so it will be walking distance...

Im from Kent by the way!. Nice meeting you too Dani You definitely decided on Limerick then? xxx
hey everyone

i started a new thread for the intake of 2015 for everyone reapplying or applying for the first time here !!:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2601492

would be great to chat to you all :-) thought i would start it up now haha x
Reply 504
Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering has anyone who has been to Essex for an interview heard back yet? Or did they tell you when they expect to tell people? I've mine at the end of April which is pretty late!
Reply 505
Hi Daisy,

Your comment seems to have disappeared from my feed but just wanted to say thanks for getting back to me about it. I don't feel so bad that my interview is so late :smile:
Do you or anyone happen to know how many places Essex have?
Original post by alicaw
Hi Daisy,

Your comment seems to have disappeared from my feed but just wanted to say thanks for getting back to me about it. I don't feel so bad that my interview is so late :smile:
Do you or anyone happen to know how many places Essex have?

Not sure what happened to it either! Essex have 25 NHS funded places this year. Best of luck for your interview. The staff are all super lovely and friendly and it's a very relaxed interview process, so don't worry about it too much :smile:

Daisy xx
Reply 507
Original post by Jennifer Daisy
Not sure what happened to it either! Essex have 25 NHS funded places this year. Best of luck for your interview. The staff are all super lovely and friendly and it's a very relaxed interview process, so don't worry about it too much :smile:

Daisy xx

Eeek! Thanks :smile: I think I'm gona worry anyway :wink:
Hi,

I'm not sure if any of you guys can help me, I originially applied for child nursing undergraduate and then wasn't sure if that is what I wanted to do, so i've applied in extra for early childhood studies. Now, looking around and researching more I am so glad I decided against nursing as a lot in the press recently about the NHS etc. I came across speech & language therapist and really like the sound of it and I am wondering how many places is at different places for post grad speech and language therapist? I've heard there is limited places for under grad, but is there more for post grad?

Good luck on your applications :smile:
Reply 509
Original post by Glitter_fairy5
Hi,

I'm not sure if any of you guys can help me, I originially applied for child nursing undergraduate and then wasn't sure if that is what I wanted to do, so i've applied in extra for early childhood studies. Now, looking around and researching more I am so glad I decided against nursing as a lot in the press recently about the NHS etc. I came across speech & language therapist and really like the sound of it and I am wondering how many places is at different places for post grad speech and language therapist? I've heard there is limited places for under grad, but is there more for post grad?

Good luck on your applications :smile:

Almost all universities offer more undergraduate spaces. For example, Newcastle offer 17 spaces at MSc (two years) and 32-34 spaces at BSc level (four years). The competition is easier at undergraduate level too.
Hey guys... I really would appreciate your help/advice on this one!!! So much! Congrats to all who have offers, keep going to the rest of you!!

UCL vs City - I'm lucky to have an offer from both for postgrad and now have to choose.

I've got until Friday to decide this one and I'm looking for as many opinions as possible- especially from those of you who are already studying. Flicker has kindly already messaged me on her opinions from a city perspective... Can anyone else shed any more light on the pros/cons of each. I'm leaning towards city because of the practical side but does anyone think that I'd be mad not to go to UCL for any reason?

Thank you soooo much!!
Reply 511
Hi,

What others think is irrelevant, you should go with the course that feels right for you.

Both UCL and City courses are good and the placements on offer are shared between the two universities.

I chose UCL for the world class teaching, location and the fact that two years would give me an MSc rather than a postgraduate diploma. Also, they have smaller numbers and I always felt we were known as individuals rather than student A/B/C o the course. It is a personal choice, there is no right or wrong. You will be a qualified SaLT by 2016 :-)
Reply 512
Original post by Ava B
Hi,

What others think is irrelevant, you should go with the course that feels right for you.

Both UCL and City courses are good and the placements on offer are shared between the two universities.

I chose UCL for the world class teaching, location and the fact that two years would give me an MSc rather than a postgraduate diploma. Also, they have smaller numbers and I always felt we were known as individuals rather than student A/B/C o the course. It is a personal choice, there is no right or wrong. You will be a qualified SaLT by 2016 :-)

I agree, go with your gut instinct. I've also accepted a place at UCL for this year!
Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anyone else has accepted an offer from Sheffield?

Ben
Reply 514
Hi, I'm not sure whether im writing on the correct bit but i was wondering if anyone had got an Essex interview and how do we prepare for a literacy and numeracy test?!
Reply 515
Original post by Parnella
Hi, I'm not sure whether im writing on the correct bit but i was wondering if anyone had got an Essex interview and how do we prepare for a literacy and numeracy test?!

Don't stress too much about the literacy and numeracy tests. They're fairly easy stuff, think spelling/vocabulary/reading comprehension and basic Maths where the most difficult thing is working out percentages and you get to use a calculator the whole way through. Plus it's a really relaxed environment :smile: They're just required by some governing body or another to make sure that applicants have these basic skills.
Anyone else been accepted into Essex for 2014 entry??! :smile:
Hi does anyone know if people who were on the UCL waiting list have been offered a place yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 518
Same with people on the City waiting list....has anyone got a place this year?
Reply 519
I know we can hear any time up until September

Latest