The Student Room Group

The real reason why guys don't like tall girls

I have seen quite a few threads on here from tall girls saying that guys don't like them, why won't guys ever ask me out, blah blah blah.

Here's the thing: guys do like tall girls, but they assume the tall girls won't like them, hence they don't ask them out and go for the shorter girls instead.

Eg. If you were a 5'10 guy and you had the choice of asking out a 6'1 girl or a 5'5 girl, you would go for the 5'5 girl every single time. Because you know the tall girl will very likely reject you, based on your height (she won't say she rejected you based on height of course, she will make up some crap about personality or not being ready for a relationship, but we all know it's because of height).

So next time tall girls, if you're wondering why you don't ever get asked out, it's because guys assume you won't like them because they are shorter. Guys don't actually have anything against tall girls per se.

Sorry for making a thread stating the obvious. Someone had to say it. :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Its because people will make fun of you and judge you
she won't say she rejected you based on height of course, she will make up some crap about personality or not being ready for a relationship, but we all know it's because of height

And you became an expert on women when?
You made several threads about being a virgin. You then made a thread about having sex once. You're not in any position to be giving people advice
dude

it's hilarious making fun of them for being so short and is really cute how they react

plus makes them easy to manhandle :sexface:
Reply 5
I don't like tall girls shorter 5ft - 5'7 is the best
Reply 6
Now what.

Exactly.
Some guys just find shorter girls cuter, so even if they knew that tall girls wouldn't reject them, they wouldn't go for them.
Some guys feel emasculated by girls who are taller than them.
It's not all down to the reason you've listed. :rolleyes: :holmes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
You made several threads about being a virgin. You then made a thread about having sex once. You're not in any position to be giving people advice
I'm a guy so I believe I'm more qualified to know how guys think than you do. And can you for once not come into a thread and type some bitter remark which adds nothing constructive? :rolleyes:
Original post by Bassetts
I'm a guy so I believe I'm more qualified to know how guys think than you do. And can you for once not come into a thread and type some bitter remark which adds nothing constructive? :rolleyes:

"I'm a guy so I know everything" no, you do not

I'm just pointing out it's a silly thread to make when you admitted yourself you know nothing about women
No, i think some guys genuinely like small girls because it makes them feel more manly/they find it attractive etc
Reply 10
"I'm a guy so I know everything" no, you do not

I'm just pointing out it's a silly thread to make when you admitted yourself you know nothing about women

He didn't say he knew everything. Who the hell taught you to read?
Original post by alow
He didn't say he knew everything. Who the hell taught you to read?

I didn't say he said he knew everything. Why so rude? I just pointed out why it wasn't a good thread to make
Reply 12
Bassetts, you have no idea what you're talking about (Self confessed.) I think most guys are attracted to short girls, or at least girls shorter than them anyway, the reason less 6ft 1 girls are approached is because many guys are less than 6ft 1 and would prefer a girl shorter than them, often by a relatively high margin.
Reply 13

So the credibility of a good advise is based on the number of times you had sex????!! LOLOLHAHAHAOMGWTFHAHAHA
Reply 14
or there are scared the girl will knock them over?
Reply 15
I actually don't like tall girls at all. I LOVE short, petite girls though :biggrin:
I wouldn't want to be with a tall girl, I am quite short however. I would ideally like a girl a fair bit shorter than me but in reality aslong as they aren't taller than me that's fine.
I didn't say he said he knew everything. Why so rude? I just pointed out why it wasn't a good thread to make

His thread is still valid and fairly accurate, even if he's not in a position to give advice.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Lol you two are being childish, all I did was point out how hypocritical it is to make sweeping generalisations in the relationships section when you have no experience yourself

Calm down dear! All I was doing was trying to stop you puttin words in his mouth.
Original post by So Instinct
His thread is still valid and fairly accurate.

Not really. The only people who don't like tall girls for this reason are insecure men

Latest

Trending

Trending