The Student Room Group

Fine Art Applicants and Universities 2014!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zoeah
Seconded!! I'm sorry to hear that, both of your stuff is really fantastic.

I have no idea how.. but I've managed to get an interview :confused:, doubt I'll make it any further than that though.

OMG! Me too! Just got the e-mail. Completely speechless. :eek:
Congratulations! :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by HelveticaBold

Congrats to you too! :tongue: I'm freaking out haha. When's your interview?
Reply 82

Congrats to your interview- I just got an email, offering me an interview and I am completely shocked!!
For the interview, are you taking the pieces in your portfolio or new stuff that wasnt in your previous portfolio- My portfolio had a lot of my main pieces so Im not sure if i have too much to take and show them which is new!! SO NERVOUS NOW.
Reply 83
Congrats guys! Your work is really impressive so I'm not surprised :smile:

I'm gona keep my fingers crossed for the rest of them now... Eek!
Original post by Zoeah
Congrats to you too! :tongue: I'm freaking out haha. When's your interview?

Thanks. :smile: Mines on the 12th March at 12:35. (very specific) How about you?

Original post by AlPalm
Congrats to your interview- I just got an email, offering me an interview and I am completely shocked!!
For the interview, are you taking the pieces in your portfolio or new stuff that wasnt in your previous portfolio- My portfolio had a lot of my main pieces so Im not sure if i have too much to take and show them which is new!! SO NERVOUS NOW.

Congratulations! I'm planning on mostly taking what I already had, as it's all printed out and mounted already, but I'll evaluate my new work the week before the interview and might add some of them in. You could always take some of the previous work if you're worried there is too much.
Reply 85
Thanks. :smile: Mines on the 12th March at 12:35. (very specific) How about you?

Congratulations! I'm planning on mostly taking what I already had, as it's all printed out and mounted already, but I'll evaluate my new work the week before the interview and might add some of them in. You could always take some of the previous work if you're worried there is too much.

Mine's on the 10th of March at 12:35! Yeah going to do it pretty similarly, and gonna work crazy hard for the next few weeks. If I can get a lift to London by car will try and bring some larger physical pieces in, as most of my portfolio is only photos of work at the moment.
Original post by Zoeah
Mine's on the 10th of March at 12:35! Yeah going to do it pretty similarly, and gonna work crazy hard for the next few weeks. If I can get a lift to London by car will try and bring some larger physical pieces in, as most of my portfolio is only photos of work at the moment.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to take any of my larger work (which is most of it). :frown: I'm a bit nervous that they ask you to talk about one piece of work. I don't know which one to pick. :/ Hopefully I can bring in my other work into the discussion, but from this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1594533&referrerid=294156 it sounds like their just looking at how one idea develops into a final piece.
Reply 87
Congrats guys :smile: I've got one at CSM now so I'm happier then I was the other day.
Reply 88
Anyone else not heard from Chelsea or Slade? :s-smilie:
Congrats on the interviews btw!
Original post by WesChains
Congrats guys :smile: I've got one at CSM now so I'm happier then I was the other day.

Congrats for CSM! :smile:

Original post by Hayley W

I haven't heard from Chelsea yet and know someone who is still waiting on Slade. Are you applying for Fine Art at Chelsea? I was beginning to think I was the only one they hadn't got back to. :tongue:
Reply 90
Congrats for CSM! :smile:

I haven't heard from Chelsea yet and know someone who is still waiting on Slade. Are you applying for Fine Art at Chelsea? I was beginning to think I was the only one they hadn't got back to. :tongue:

Okay :smile: Considering you got an interview at Slade, you're most likely to get one at Chelsea so I won't give up hope yet! Yeah, I've applied for fine art. Also, I noticed on the stalking page that you did your foundation at CRC? Cause I've also applied there as a back up!
Okay :smile: Considering you got an interview at Slade, you're most likely to get one at Chelsea so I won't give up hope yet! Yeah, I've applied for fine art. Also, I noticed on the stalking page that you did your foundation at CRC? Cause I've also applied there as a back up!

Oh wow, it's a small world. I have to say I'm not enjoying my time at CRC (and all my friends dropped out) but they do have good facilities. Don't let that put you off though, I do know people who are enjoying it. I just hate how formulaic they are.
Reply 92

I've got an interview at Chelsea on the 3rd March, i heard on the 8th though.
Reply 93
got an interview at CSM so not feeling so down about slade now!

anyone else got one on Friday 28th?
it's so soon!
Reply 94
Oh wow, it's a small world. I have to say I'm not enjoying my time at CRC (and all my friends dropped out) but they do have good facilities. Don't let that put you off though, I do know people who are enjoying it. I just hate how formulaic they are.

I have to admit that I got that impression from the open day too :\ I was worried they might not challenge people enough but I don't know. I've also applied to Oxford Brookes Foundation though so If I don't get any offers this year I'll hopefully be able to choose between the foundation courses :P
Reply 95

Original post by WhoKnew107
got an interview at CSM so not feeling so down about slade now!

anyone else got one on Friday 28th?
it's so soon!

Congrats to both of you!! Are they interviews or portfolio review days/interviews?
I have to admit that I got that impression from the open day too :\ I was worried they might not challenge people enough but I don't know. I've also applied to Oxford Brookes Foundation though so If I don't get any offers this year I'll hopefully be able to choose between the foundation courses :P

Yeah, it's really not a challenging environment and pretty much my whole portfolio was independent work. The briefs are set up for really obvious ideas/analysis and even when I do something different, they just bring it back to their own clichés. I think Oxford Brookes is meant to be good. :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by Zoeah
Congrats to both of you!! Are they interviews or portfolio review days/interviews?

portfolio review/interview, on the 6th march :P
Reply 98

Yeah, it's really not a challenging environment and pretty much my whole portfolio was independent work. The briefs are set up for really obvious ideas/analysis and even when I do something different, they just bring it back to their own clichés. I think Oxford Brookes is meant to be good. :smile:

Oh wow, that sounds really restrictive... which is not what you want on a foundation at all- it should be about experimenting and learning how to be self-directed! Its a shame you're having a bad experience foundation-wise, mine has been the best thing I have done so far (realllllly recommend doing one, you learn so much about yourself and your work). I'm at a very small local one, which has managed to gain a fantastic national reputation, particularly for how open it is (don't overlook local places- they're often lead by some really great people). I know someone who did hers at Oxford Brookes and she said it was really good, and she went on to get into Ruskin. :smile:
Reply 99
portfolio review/interview, on the 6th march :P

Same! See you there! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest