The Student Room Group

Medical University of Plovdiv(Bulgaria)

Hello everyone!

I'm interested in studying in the MU of Plovdiv, which is located in Bulgaria.At first, i want to ask some basic questions:
1)How much is the tuition fees?
2)What about the cost of living, generally in Bulgaria?
3)In Greece, students get their books for free.What about Bulgaria?I mean, except from the tuition fees, could it be possible to have to buy medical books on my own?I heard they are super expensive!
4)What is your opinion about the studies in Bulgaria?More specifically, medical studies.

That's it for now!

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any help to any question?
Reply 2
1- What exactly do you want to study there ?
2- About the cost of living , its cheaper than Greece except medicine . (the most expensive course for eu student is about 400 euros )
3- Cannot comment
Reply 3
Applied yesterday! :biggrin:

If anyone wants to meet in Plovdiv, just pm me, i dont know anyone there :tongue:
Reply 4
Can you tell me more about MU Plovdiv
Reply 5
Hey, I'm starting this September if you're still there? Do you have Facebook? Would love to get to know someone before I go there!
Reply 6
Original post by La Fleur
Applied yesterday! :biggrin:

If anyone wants to meet in Plovdiv, just pm me, i dont know anyone there :tongue:

Hey, I'm starting this September if you're still there? Do you have Facebook? Would love to get to know someone before I go!
Reply 7
I'm thinking of applying this year. Why did you decide on Plovdiv? Have you been there?
Reply 8
I'm thinking of doing dentistry hope fully get in this September.... - I am very anxious - does anyone have any experience of Plovdiv Uni? Why did you guys choose Plovdiv? What are the dental facilities like? What about accommodation? Do we have to learn the language?

Look forward to hearing back from you guys
Reply 9
Is anyone studying dentistry in Plovdiv? Can I ask why you chose this Uni?
what are the facilities like How are you applying? Through agency?
Did you get anymore information regrading Plovdiv university? I am interested in studying dentistry this year

Look forward to hearing from you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Any information would be helpful
Reply 12
Original post by Maal
Hey, I'm starting this September if you're still there? Do you have Facebook? Would love to get to know someone before I go!

Hi! Are you still going? I'm thinking of going as well x
Have you guys applied? I'm thinking of going September. Has anyone been accepted?
Reply 14
Original post by WelshTurtle
Have you guys applied? I'm thinking of going September. Has anyone been accepted?

I haven't applied yet but il be starting the application process on Monday, so if it all works out, il be probably going in September. Are you gonna apply for dentistry?
Reply 15
Original post by ricerules
I haven't applied yet but il be starting the application process on Monday, so if it all works out, il be probably going in September. Are you gonna apply for dentistry?

How are you applying? Please avoid any fee charging agency!
Reply 16
Original post by mobot
How are you applying? Please avoid any fee charging agency!

I was going to go through Outreach Education, they said they don't have a fee, hope it's true
Reply 17
I was going to go through Outreach Education, they said they don't have a fee, hope it's true

Yes, it is true/ I used them when applying to Pleven and they were top notch! You will have to pay for legal work and translation etc but they can arrange all this for you or you can use your own solicitor.
Reply 18
Original post by mobot
Yes, it is true/ I used them when applying to Pleven and they were top notch! You will have to pay for legal work and translation etc but they can arrange all this for you or you can use your own solicitor.

Oh that's good :smile: how is uni there and everything? I'm SO scared for it, are you in your first year? And do a lot of the people there speak english??

That's correct. I will be be applying for September. Do you know what the facilities are like in Plovdiv? There doesn't seem to be any information about the dental facilities on the Uni site.

If you don't mind me asking -What made you choose Plovdiv?

Quick Reply