The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aky786UK
Floyd's probably having a laugh at the way he's trolled Khan completely. I don't have any sympathy for Khan, despite being a fan of his because he's wasted a year of his career pinning his hopes on this one fight that his promoters should be damn embarrassed they couldn't pull off. Golden Boy and Mayweather have close links but latter does things his way.

Khan-Broner seems a very viable option on the under-card, a win over him might see him get Floyd in September so he still could get it.

Yeah, it's probably his best option as he'll almost certainly get Floyd in September if he beats Broner. Risky fight for Khan though; I think Broner has the edge if he trains properly for it.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Risky fight for Khan though; I think Broner has the edge if he trains properly for it.

Yup Khan's focus will be tested. He's been hoping for Floyd and now he doesn't. Broner's coming off a loss so will be keen to restore his reputation but won't be easy. Khan won't have fought for a year. I'd give Broner the slight edge atm.
Khan has far superior footwork to Broner. However Broner is a far superior counter puncher. Interesting.
Reply 5363
I reckon Mayweather will fight at 154 or at a catchweight next.
Reply 5364
Anyone watching the Crawford-Burns fight?
Wow, read Crawford beat Burns and beat him well? I'd heard he was undefeated and even rumours that he was the "next Mayweather" but I assume he fully deserved to win?
Does it make me a bad person if Broner is starting to grow on me?

Saw highlights of the Burns fight just now. Crawford looked pretty good. Nothing Mikey Garcia can't handle though.
Reply 5367
Original post by Aky786UK
Wow, read Crawford beat Burns and beat him well? I'd heard he was undefeated and even rumours that he was the "next Mayweather" but I assume he fully deserved to win?

Yep was a very one sided fight....

Dissapointed really, i was in the mood for a good one :frown:
Burns just couldn't handle him for some reason, could be his age catching up to him.

I was also impressed with lomachenko. I think he can do big things in the divison, hes got good power, chin, toughness, skill and stamina
Does it make me a bad person if Broner is starting to grow on me?

Only if you mispell it as "Boner" by mistake :tongue:.

Am I the only one here who watched Chavez/Vera? What a fight that was.
Original post by frankieboy
Only if you mispell it as "Boner" by mistake :tongue:.

Am I the only one here who watched Chavez/Vera? What a fight that was.

Can't believe how serious Jr looked on the night. I hope that the rumour Chavez-GGG has some substance. GGG should take it, even if he has to move up to 168. He really needs to get his name out there. More so as it seems Martinez won't fight him.
I hope that the rumour Chavez-GGG has some substance..

That would be great.
Reply 5372
The same GGG that is ducking Lara?
Original post by trrr
The same GGG that is ducking Lara?

So that adds Lara in with Mayweather, Canelo, Martinez, Cotto, Pacquiao, Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Captain America, Thor, Thor's chick and so on, in the list of all people ducking Lara. Lara fanboys are the worst.

Lara calls out everyone, but the problem he has is that no one gives a **** about him.
Reply 5374
So that adds Lara in with Mayweather, Canelo, Martinez, Cotto, Pacquiao, Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Captain America, Thor, Thor's chick and so on, in the list of all people ducking Lara. Lara fanboys are the worst.

Lara calls out everyone, but the problem he has is that no one gives a **** about him.

I'm not really a fan of Lara because his fights are boring, but Golovkin did say he would fight ANYBODY..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by trrr
I'm not really a fan of Lara because his fights are boring, but Golovkin did say he would fight ANYBODY..

I honestly think Golovkin will happily take on all-comers. Promoter just trying to find the right fit.
Hope Canelo silences the doubters tonight. I'll go for a Canelo win by KO in the 8th.
Reply 5377
Hope Canelo silences the doubters tonight. I'll go for a Canelo win by KO in the 8th.

Is it actually going to start at decent o'clock?
Original post by 419
Is it actually going to start at decent o'clock?

Probably around 4am. Two of the fights on the undercard have been cancelled I think. It is a PPV fight though so it's sort of more worth waking up to watch it, online.
Probably around 4am. Two of the fights on the undercard have been cancelled I think. It is a PPV fight though so it's sort of more worth waking up to watch it, online.

Which fights were cancelled? I know molina got arrested so he pulled out but who else?

Canelo should be on in an hour or so. I'm leaning towards angulo by late stoppage, don't think canelo has good enough footwork to stay away from him. Lara has excellent footwork and even he got caught a few times

Latest