The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE Revision Help...

Hi,
In my GCSES i got all A/A* Apart from Maths.... which i didn't revise for and thus didn't do very well :l
I'm resitting alongside my AS levels and my exam is in June.. with Edexcel

I really need help on how to revise, as i just don't know how to with Maths...
I'm so used to just learning content, making mindmaps etc, however this doesn't work with Maths

Someone please help what are the best ways to revise :tongue:
Reply 1
i would love to help but im in the same situation x omg like i really need a good grade but its soo hard got my mock in a couple of days
I love Maths exams cause you don't have to naturally clever to get it but rather dedicated. So, the key is: practice. Go to the Edexcel website and download all past papers and do them ALL. See if there are harder versions of Edexcel, so for example for A-Level Maths and Further Maths I practice from Solomon and Elmwood to not rely on the typical Edexcel papers. Once done with ALL past papers - also ensure you keep tabs of your score and notes on how to improve - do book work. Finish the book if you have to but that's what Maths exams are; it's all JUST hard work, practice and exam techniques.
Reply 3
When do you reckon i should begin Revision?
Original post by Amethysst
When do you reckon i should begin Revision?

I'd suggest a month prior to the exam. To be sure 2-3 months before. Just try and cover as much content as you can each day and try and have the full syllabus covered by the week before the exam.the last week should be spent purely on questions of all difficulty, by this point non of them should be too difficult, if they are, revisit that topic using youtube video's(quick and thorough).

Hope I helped, I spent 1 month for the November exam and got my A* in the end :smile:
Original post by Amethysst
Hi,
In my GCSES i got all A/A* Apart from Maths.... which i didn't revise for and thus didn't do very well :l
I'm resitting alongside my AS levels and my exam is in June.. with Edexcel

I really need help on how to revise, as i just don't know how to with Maths...
I'm so used to just learning content, making mindmaps etc, however this doesn't work with Maths

Someone please help what are the best ways to revise :tongue:

The thing about maths is it's one thing to know what to do(learning the content) and another to apply it.
I'd suggest spend some time learning the syllabus using revision guides with regular practice questions and then when you feel confident that you have learnt most the syllabus and your doing well on past papers, just use youtube video's as casual revision and do LOADS ,of past papers and questions

I'd suggest spend a month on content revision and regular questions and then a week before the exam go pure questions and youtube.Do out that and your bound to get an A*, an A minimum:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest