The Student Room Group

Physics AQA ISA approaching!!

So my ISA is next week and of course I really want a good grade in this, I dont want any more pressure on my exams in june.

If any of you who were successful in your past physics ISA can tell me how you achieved this and what sort of learning approach you took to the ISAs it will be much appreciated. My school personally does not do a very good job of teaching us how to answer ISAs :confused:
Reply 1
As long as you know the key words such as reliable, reproducible, repeatable etc then you will be fine, make sure you can write a decent method as it is worth a lot of marks, and in the exams you need to state the obvious to get a lot of the marks. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by pixie girl
As long as you know the key words such as reliable, reproducible, repeatable etc then you will be fine, make sure you can write a decent method as it is worth a lot of marks, and in the exams you need to state the obvious to get a lot of the marks. Good luck :smile:

When you say key words such as reliable, reproducible and repeatable, do you mean:

Reliable - Repeat readings are close to one another (and if a line of best fit is drawn, all points plotted on the graph are close to it)

But what do you mean by Reproducible and Repeatable? Aren't they the same.
Reply 3
Original post by pearson1995
When you say key words such as reliable, reproducible and repeatable, do you mean:

Reliable - Repeat readings are close to one another (and if a line of best fit is drawn, all points plotted on the graph are close to it)

But what do you mean by Reproducible and Repeatable? Aren't they the same.

You will probably get a question about repeating your results/comparing them with somebody else's results; you should say that doing the experiment again will show if your results are repeatable, or if you compare them to another set then you can check your results, see if the trend/pattern is the same, if this is the case then the results are reproducible. The difference between reproducible and repeatable is that if you repeat the experiment the results are repeatable, but if another person repeats the experiment then they are reproducible.
Reply 4
Original post by pixie girl
You will probably get a question about repeating your results/comparing them with somebody else's results; you should say that doing the experiment again will show if your results are repeatable, or if you compare them to another set then you can check your results, see if the trend/pattern is the same, if this is the case then the results are reproducible. The difference between reproducible and repeatable is that if you repeat the experiment the results are repeatable, but if another person repeats the experiment then they are reproducible.

Could you say that by comparing your results with someone else's, you could see if there is a small % difference between the two and are therefore reproducible/repeatable?
Reply 5
Original post by pearson1995
Could you say that by comparing your results with someone else's, you could see if there is a small % difference between the two and are therefore reproducible/repeatable?

I think that comparing with a partner shows that your results are reproducible. Also, it demonstrates that other people performed the experiment and had similar results because they were testing the same variables and had the same trend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending