The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jenkinsear
2 years ago I would have said this too; how times change. Personally I've become fairly convinced that if there is a God he has it in for me. Things can go from being on top of the world to at the very pits of it very quickly. But I've noticed it's far easier to go down than up. I'll probably be atheist by summer at this rate :rolleyes:

Have you been to a doctor about this?

Also believing in God doesn't mean you'll be free from suffering, if anything we're told we will suffer.
Original post by jenkinsear
I don't really think it's necessary. As an emotional reaction it's justified when you look at the things that have happened to me recently; it's not depression per say rather just a reaction to upsetting events. Plus I dislike medication unless totally necessary and view most forms of therapy as mumbo-jumbo :biggrin:

I know, but it seems totally pointless. There really is no need for this; I struggle to believe any being with a slither of love would be cruel enough to let it continue.

:hugs:

I think one of the ways I've found really useful in viewing suffering is when I'm annoyed that I'm suffering I think "why shouldn't I suffer?" because there will be suffering in the world because we are an imperfect world in that we have sin. If there was no suffering then we'd all be in heaven already and clearly we can't while there is sin in the world. So what makes me so special that I should be the person exempt from suffering? Well nothing. Therefore I look and see how God is using my suffering to make me stronger as a person, to help me empathise with others who are suffering, to spur me on to change the injustices of the world.
Original post by Gemmer_
Hi all. Sorry I haven't been posting in a while.

I've been in a Mental Health Ward for some time now and this is me having a chance to get in contact with you all. It seems my Depression got the better of me. I ask you all for prayers and I'm sorry if you have been on this thread and we have not yet chatted but I have not been able to post for some time now due to reasons listed above.

Take care everyone.
God bless.

:hugs: to all.

I can pray for you, I'm sure God has "plans to prosper you, not harm you", as Jerimiah 29 verse 11 tells us :-D
Reply 2563
Original post by Gemmer_

I've been in a Mental Health Ward for some time now and this is me having a chance to get in contact with you all. It seems my Depression got the better of me. I ask you all for prayers and I'm sorry if you have been on this thread and we have not yet chatted but I have not been able to post for some time now due to reasons listed above.

Take care everyone.
God bless.

:jumphug:

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
Original post by Gemmer_

Take care everyone.
God bless.

Tiz great to hear from you lovely. I hope you're finding your stay OK and that people are being helpful and kind to you :hugs:
Please remember in your prayers those who have been diagnosed early with cancer and are receiving treatment- that their treatment will be successful. Also those who have beaten cancer- that their lives will not be stained with constant fear of cancer returning and they will have strength to live their life purposefully without endless worry.
Original post by CasualSoul
Please remember in your prayers those who have been diagnosed early with cancer and are receiving treatment- that their treatment will be successful. Also those who have beaten cancer- that their lives will not be stained with constant fear of cancer returning and they will have strength to live their life purposefully without endless worry.

Of course :frown:
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. “In your anger do not sin[d]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.

Whatever the circumstances we must not let evil take over our minds, actions or our lives. Don't let situations/ difficulties make you go back to your 'old self'. It may seem easier to forget God and follow our 'deceitful desires' but it is impossible for this to benefit us or change our lives for the better in the long-term. However, if we continue to seek God (even throughout the good times) he will surely see us through the hardest of times because there is nothing in this world which the power of God is too difficult to overcome.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Of course :frown:

Thank you :hug:
AHA! AT LAST, I HAVE MADE THE ALP WORK ON MY NEW DEVICE! PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR MY TRIUMPHANT RETURN!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OurSeaBee
AHA! AT LAST, I HAVE MADE THE ALP WORK ON MY NEW DEVICE! PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR MY TRIUMPHANT RETURN!

Posted from TSR Mobile

OSB! :jumphug:
Found this verse and decided to share.

"My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever"

Psalm 73:26

Ain't that adorable :biggrin:

Original post by CasualSoul

I'll be praying :console:
Original post by Joannywhite
Found this verse and decided to share.

"My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever"

Psalm 73:26

Ain't that adorable :biggrin:

I'll be praying :console:

That is wonderful :biggrin:
Reply 2574
Hi everyone, just wondering if there is any sort of educational stuff going on here?
e.g a quiz testing people's bible knowledge.
Reply 2575
Original post by orebach
Hi everyone, just wondering if there is any sort of educational stuff going on here?
e.g a quiz testing people's bible knowledge.

Sporcle? :o: :colondollar: :getmecoat:
Reply 2576
I don't know much about it, I mean something like bible quiz.
How vast are people's knowledge of the bible.
Reply 2577
Original post by Mazzini
Sporcle? :o: :colondollar: :getmecoat:

I think they meant on this thread/forum :mmm:
Original post by orebach
I don't know much about it, I mean something like bible quiz.
How vast are people's knowledge of the bible.

I would so lose on a quiz like that :teehee:
Reply 2579
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I would so lose on a quiz like that :teehee:

:five:
Catholics don't need to know the Bible. We've got priests to do that for us.

:mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending