The Student Room Group

Anti Procrastination Group

What is procrastination?
"the action of delaying or postponing something."

The purpose of this thread is to help fellow members including my self to break out from the cycle of procrastination and achieve high grades. When we get low grades people always blame us and mock us, but it's not our fault I blame this procrastination. This is a disease that has spread amongst us. We need to take action and stop this now.

Our members: 23

Shadow-X
Lakesx
suzylemonade
furryface12
Dr. Django
lillith
Obiejess
ladymarshmallow
Marshymallow
LadyUchiha
lecornergirl
CallMeBatwoman
King Leonidas
idontknowbye
PhRose
James2810
AnnekaChan173
livealittle
Student296
AR_95
Ndella
Procrastinator13
nocoolusername
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Tommorow.

Edit: But no srsly I need this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Lets stop procrastinating! *avoids doing work by creating thread about stopping procrastination*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arson_fire
I`ll join later

:rofl: nice one!
Reply 4
Haha heya! Yay we have our own little community now!
Reply 5
Yes yes me !!
I would love to stop procrastinating but I don't think it's a very realistic aim.
Reply 7
Original post by lillith
Yes yes me !!

Welcome to our group! :biggrin:

SO post things that have/ haven't worked for you and tells us a little about yourself?
Reply 8
Original post by Lakesx
Haha heya! Yay we have our own little community now!

All started because of you lol. You can be CEO.
Reply 9
Original post by Chlorophile
I would love to stop procrastinating but I don't think it's a very realistic aim.

You can always try! The first step in over coming it is by admitting it to yourself!
Reply 10
Useful advice from member

Original post by furryface12
Urm... In previous years I've worked by bribing myself with things I want, so I finish one physics unit I can have a biscuit, do a maths paper take the dog a walk etc :smile: This year that's all gone out the window so far though :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Lakesx
Welcome to our group! :biggrin:

SO post things that have/ haven't worked for you and tells us a little about yourself?

Hi, I am Lillith and I am a procrastinator. It has all happened very recently. I got a few offers from Unis and then sat on my laurels (arse). I now do not know what to do about it I have a lot of assignments to do and I will have to pull a few all nighters to keep up.:frown:
Reply 13
Original post by Shadow-X
All started because of you lol. You can be CEO.

Awww lol :colondollar:, it was a joint idea! You can be the Co-founder/ exective partner as you did start the thread!:biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Lakesx
You can always try! The first step in over coming it is by admitting it to yourself!

Ok now that we have made a group we need to get to the bottom of this problem hopefully.

It does seem like by making this group we are procrastinating more, but I don't think that's the case. I think this group will help us solve this problem once and for all.

Let's not procrastinate further by making a website, revolution, protests haha. This group is enough.
Reply 15
Original post by Obiejess

Welcome :smile:

How long have you been procrastinating? Why do you think you are procrastinating? And has any other methods worked for you in the past?
Reply 16
Original post by lillith
Hi, I am Lillith and I am a procrastinator. It has all happened very recently. I got a few offers from Unis and then sat on my laurels (arse). I now do not know what to do about it I have a lot of assignments to do and I will have to pull a few all nighters to keep up.:frown:

Hi Lillith,:biggrin: and welcome I am Lakes! Oh well done, where have you applied and got Offers from? If we work together we can get you out of this situation!
(edited 10 years ago)
Awesome, there is a grou[ :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by Shadow-X
Ok now that we have made a group we need to get to the bottom of this problem hopefully.

It does seem like by making this group we are procrastinating more, but I don't think that's the case. I think this group will help us solve this problem once and for all.

Let's not procrastinate further by making a website, revolution, protests haha. This group is enough.

Haha I totally agree! Revolution? Really lol...

We need to work out a way to stop this and stop ourselves form relapsing...
Reply 19
13 tips from this website - http://fluentbrain.com/blog/13-effective-solutions-to-procrastination/

Has any of these tips helped anyone?

1. I remind myself why I’m doing it. I don’t have to do anything. I choose to, and here’s why. Saying this to myself is very empowering.

2. I get held accountable by someone else. Mainly to my business coach, Danny Iny (Firepole Marketing).

3. I change my environment. I had a good portion of the skeleton for this article done, but I was struggling with starting to write it. I went to Starbucks and I started (and finished) writing this article within an hour of focused work.

4. I do the hardest tasks when my willpower and energy are at their highest. That is usually in the morning, and right after having a nap.

5. I plan daily. I plan what I want to accomplish today in a Mind Map. When I don’t plan, I feel my thoughts are wandering, and I’m less focused throughout the day.

6. I close everything that I don’t need open on my computer. Just seeing other applications and windows open, such as email, Skype and Facebook, distracts me.

7. I remove any paper or distraction on my desk. I now try to keep my desk paper-free. Otherwise, paper just keeps piling up, and it’s visually distracting.

8. I renew my energy. That includes catching up on sleep, eating healthy food, exercising and taking breaks. What I noticed is that in most cases where I’m procrastinating, taking a quick nap renews my energy and willpower enough to get that thing done.

9. I set a timer. When I know that there is a time limit to the work I’m about to do, I can more easily let go of the other things on my mind. I either do 50 minutes of work then 10 minutes of break, or 25 minutes of work and 5 minutes of break. It sums up to the same amount of work per hour, but setting my timer for only 25 minutes works better for hard tasks that I don’t feel motivated about. I time my breaks as well, otherwise they turn into 20 minutes, 30 minutes or more!

10. I put myself in a peak state. This is a technique I learned from going to Unleash the Power Within by Tony Robbins. It works every time to raise my energy and willpower. Ironically, when I’m in a low emotional state, it requires a lot of willpower to better my state. When I do push myself though, it’s worth it. A nap usually works better for me when I’m in a low physical state.

11. I build habits. Look up Eben Pagan and his Wake Up Productive program for more information on this. We have very little willpower and we burn it quickly. It is my positive habits that made the biggest difference in my life so far.

12. I reward myself. I tell (and promise) myself I’ll reward myself with X if I do Y. I try to choose a fun, positive and constructive reward.

13. Make it fun. When I have an article to write, or an idea to develop, I use a mind map. It makes it fun, and a lot more productive. I also listen to music I like ideally instrumental so that it’s less distracting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending