The Student Room Group

Hongkong Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
hey, I've got an interview for ust business, it's a video interview last for 4 min. There will be 4 questions so I've got 1 min to answer each question. Is there anyone doing this interview as well? Or does anyone know what is it about??? I think it is a new form of interview as my friends did face to face interview instead.
I did mine a while ago (like beginning of Jan). If you look back on this topic, there are different sets of 4 questions posted.

Here are the ones I found:

My questions were something like this :
1. What are the main economic activities driving your country's economy?
2. Which historical figure would you like to meet?
3. Describe a significant event or activity which you lead
4. Describe an event or activity which you tried but failed

1)Why do you think some companies fail and others are successful?
2)If you were organizing a festival how would it be?
3)Your biggest achievement so far?
4)Your dream working environment?

1. why nokia decline
2. if u can change something about you, what will it be
3. is ur passion similar to your career choice
4. if u were a cartoon char for a week, what would u be?

And these were mine:
1. What kind of business would you set up if you have a limited budget? What
2. If you had a time machine, where would you go? Why?
3. What makes you unique?
4. What do you hope to achieve this year, in 4 years and in 8 years?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 222
Hi, I am about to have my video interview through Likelive for HKUST.
I am wondering that can I preview the question before start interview?
because when I clicked into " Start interview", it informs that I only have ONE ATTEMPT.
Reply 223
Original post by pinkmemetchi
I did mine a while ago (like beginning of Jan). If you look back on this topic, there are different sets of 4 questions posted.

And these were mine:

So can you preview and practive the questions before you started the interview?
and Is there only one single attempt?
Thx!!
You only have one attempt. And you can't preview the questions. Once you see the question, the timer and the camera is on. Also, the camera is recording for the WHOLE time. As soon as you click start, it doesn't pause until the VERY VERY end. So make sure you look 'professional' and 'formal' (I only realised that after watching my video when I'm done....and yes. You get to see your interview when it's done).
Original post by speedbird26
Right. I'm going to pay the deposit too! But I heard that transferring into GBus in Year 2 is tediously difficult :frown: Well at least still there's a guaranteed scholarship and this is an excellent (and at least rather flexible) safety anyway, sounds good!

It is very difficult but still is possible.
Reply 226
You only have one attempt. And you can't preview the questions. Once you see the question, the timer and the camera is on. Also, the camera is recording for the WHOLE time. As soon as you click start, it doesn't pause until the VERY VERY end. So make sure you look 'professional' and 'formal' (I only realised that after watching my video when I'm done....and yes. You get to see your interview when it's done).

Thx a lot!
Original post by jeddybed
what makes you so interested in hong kong? According to you, "Well if this is a rubbish world then it our job to make a wonderful, which is going to LSE and be the future leaders of tomorrow."
Why bother with "lowly" HKU or HKUST since you think LSE is the only institute in the world that nurtures future leaders?
I find this puzzling. Please enlighten me on this.

HKU is the No 1 university across Asia Pacific. It's definitely not a worse choice if you want to develop your career in Asia.

The same goes to HKUST.
Original post by Manic8
I wouldn't say applying to HKU or HKUST is " setting a lower mark "

I do believe they have generally lower admission requirements for overseas applicants than with local applicants.

Wow that was an interesting type of interview.

I'd feel more stressed with that because people can replay it a million times for the details.
Original post by clh_hilary
I do believe they have generally lower admission requirements for overseas applicants than with local applicants.

My offer for HKU law (for internationals) is 42 IB points with 776 at HL
Higher than both the entry requirement of Oxford and Cambridge
Original post by iamyourmum
My offer for HKU law (for internationals) is 42 IB points with 776 at HL
Higher than both the entry requirement of Oxford and Cambridge

I don't know how that translates into other examinations, but for local applicants, HKU LLB's median is 32 and lowest 29 for HKDSE. That's an average 5*-5** (5 subjects) or 5*. That's an equivalent to 5 A*s.
I don't know how that translates into other examinations, but for local applicants, HKU LLB's median is 32 and lowest 29 for HKDSE. That's an average 5*-5** (5 subjects) or 5*. That's an equivalent to 5 A*s.

According to UCAS, 42 IB points translates to 654 UCAS tariff points which is slightly less than 5A*s (4.7 A*s to be exact)

so i guess you're right :smile:
Original post by iamyourmum
According to UCAS, 42 IB points translates to 654 UCAS tariff points which is slightly less than 5A*s (4.7 A*s to be exact)

so i guess you're right :smile:

From what I heard though they tend to set lower conditions with GCE A-levels applicants too.
Reply 234

They may do for some courses but overall it would be the same if not tougher than uk unis. Also they only accept around 200-250 international students so I don't think it's easier to get in
Original post by Manic8
They may do for some courses but overall it would be the same if not tougher than uk unis. Also they only accept around 200-250 international students so I don't think it's easier to get in

The thing is, locals/Asians tend to have way better performance in examinations so the competition is a lot tougher.
Reply 236

And these were mine:

Thanks a lot, I can see a lot of preparation is required before the interview, if I want to do pretty well in it :smile:
Reply 237
Original post by Manic8

did you hear back from HKU? I got my offer for Econs and Fin.

when did you get your offer? Apply to the same course.btw what's the condition?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 239

Congratulations on your offer !! Not yet received anything on my top 2 yet... According to the account still under consideration.. So what are you going to do ? Will you take HKU's offer ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending