The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2520
Original post by purple and gold
I too want to know if any more offers were given?
Did you have your interview in December?

Naah 30th jan im probably being a bit optimistic expecting my crew to hear this soon :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hl7495
Naah 30th jan im probably being a bit optimistic expecting my crew to hear this soon :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had mine on the 28th of January :rolleyes:

yeah, I think I have gotten to that point where I am happy waiting and letting the admissions team sort out everyone's application.

Not that I wouldn't mind an offer soon :colondollar:
Reply 2522
I swear to god though, like whether your interview was a week or a month ago it still feels like YEARS to hear
(Ps mine was 16th Dec and even my other interviews which were more recent all feel like the same eternal amount of time has passed :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Keeks52
I swear to god though, like whether your interview was a week or a month ago it still feels like YEARS to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile

So true!
Reply 2524
Original post by Amyk89
So true!

Sometimes I wonder whether they choose who to interview by secretly spying on us to see who lasts longest without a mental breakdown (in which case I would have been out of the running a looooooong time ago) It'S aLl MiNd GaMeS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Keeks52
Sometimes I wonder whether they choose who to interview by secretly spying on us to see who lasts longest without a mental breakdown (in which case I would have been out of the running a looooooong time ago) It'S aLl MiNd GaMeS

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be sneaky. Its also a test of dedication, who is prepared to put themselves through months of waiting.

I would like to know what takes so long. Especially for UG which is interview only and they know the score at the end of the interview.
Reply 2526
Original post by Amyk89
That would be sneaky. Its also a test of dedication, who is prepared to put themselves through months of waiting.

I would like to know what takes so long. Especially for UG which is interview only and they know the score at the end of the interview.

Ugh I know right! Applying to med reminds me of Monsters inc where each new hurdle like PS/ukcat/interview is a new monster at your door and every one is more terrifying than the one before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2527
Original post by Dr Shillingout
Has anybody heard any news for the 13th of March ?!?!!??! Extra day for more interviews ?!?!?!?

I wonder if some one from internationals has received an offer from Leicester.

How many they are interviewing of 13 march? I guess they will give offers after 13th March?
So is the 31st March ultimate date for everyone to hear back?
Reply 2529
I'm puzzled......What i don't understand is that Leicester has already interviewed sooo many people. 3-4 times more people than they have seats for. so what was the function of adding on an extra date? even after interviewing this many people did they still not find enough people to give offers too?????????
Original post by srahman
I'm puzzled......What i don't understand is that Leicester has already interviewed sooo many people. 3-4 times more people than they have seats for. so what was the function of adding on an extra date? even after interviewing this many people did they still not find enough people to give offers too?????????

I imagine there were a fair few applicants who were all on the same score + ps score, and it'd be unfair to interview some and reject others, so they had to make a decision between rejecting everyone on that borderline score or interviewing them all. And they went with the latter. Similar things often happen at other medical schools!
Has anyone applied to Leicester and not hard back yet?
Reply 2532
I had mine on the 28th of January :rolleyes:

yeah, I think I have gotten to that point where I am happy waiting and letting the admissions team sort out everyone's application.

Not that I wouldn't mind an offer soon :colondollar:

I already have an offer so its not as bad for me but i feeo for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manz had his interview on 11th December...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lukebessant
Has anyone applied to Leicester and not hard back yet?

ME!! I'm crossing my fingers for and interview on the 13th. Has anybody received an interview for this date yet? Also has anybody been rejected recently?
Original post by hl7495
I already have an offer so its not as bad for me but i feeo for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, so no pressure for you then.
I hope I get lucky.. :biggrin:
Original post by Dr. Django
Manz had his interview on 11th December...

It's a long wait, believe it or not I saw django unchained on Thursday.
It was one of the best movies I have seen soo far.

I know it's quite early at this stage but does anyone know what field of medicine they are interested in?

Just curious... :colondollar:
It's a long wait, believe it or not I saw django unchained on Thursday.
It was one of the best movies I have seen soo far.

IT IS A SSIIICK film :biggrin:

Christoph Waltz is incredible (the 'dentist')!

I know it's quite early at this stage but does anyone know what field of medicine they are interested in?

Just curious... :colondollar:

Kind of thinking one of these 3 at the moment...but I'm almost certainly going to change my ideas when i learn more about the career:

. Paediatrics
. General Practice
. Psychiatry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending