The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HB2894
Some people say we have a short maths and English test, just to check our basics. Not sure if we get this at the interview tomorrow though, or whether that's just for other uni places.

Ooh D: that does not sound fun :frown: was just looking up some stuff all Iv found out is that we have group tasks and individual ones which are verbal and none verbal. Some people think it might be watching a video and discussing? But not too sure,want to do some prep on here,maybe Itl help our nerves if we kinda know of someone and prepared :smile:?
Reply 101
Original post by Hollielikestea
Ooh D: that does not sound fun :frown: was just looking up some stuff all Iv found out is that we have group tasks and individual ones which are verbal and none verbal. Some people think it might be watching a video and discussing? But not too sure,want to do some prep on here,maybe Itl help our nerves if we kinda know of someone and prepared :smile:?

I've forgotten all my maths stuff so i'll be terrible at that! Yeah i found the same thing out with the group and individual tasks. Yeah sure, i'm up for that. Any idea what else we have to know? I've just researched LOADS of things about OT and watched some NHS videos about the every day tasks and scenarios what could happen.
Original post by wsharif
his
I have an upcoming interview for Brunel university which is my 1st choice could you please tell how your interview went?

Thank you

I didn't have an interview (I think they only interview mature students but I'm not sure) so can't help much, sorry! Hope it goes well :smile:
Original post by Polkadot2
I think it's silly not attending interviews. Might as well try and get all the offers you can unless you're certain! Do you have a first and an insurance becuase that's the safest.

Will Brookes be your first choice thenn?

Yeah I can definitely understand that. Brookes is likely to be my first, but if I receive an offer from Southampton that might change. Brunel would be my insurance. Not too bothered about Bournemouth, but I should keep my options open so probably will go.

Have you heard anything more? :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by Catherine_H
Yeah I can definitely understand that. Brookes is likely to be my first, but if I receive an offer from Southampton that might change. Brunel would be my insurance. Not too bothered about Bournemouth, but I should keep my options open so probably will go.

Have you heard anything more? :smile:

Bournemouth is a lovely town with a great beach for the summer ! (I live near Bournemouth so didn't apply aha x )

I have my Canterbury Interview next week :smile:
Reply 105
Has anyone had an interview at Teeside yet? They've sent me so many forms to fill in and i'm struggling :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Polkadot2
Bournemouth is a lovely town with a great beach for the summer ! (I live near Bournemouth so didn't apply aha x )

I have my Canterbury Interview next week :smile:

I love the town! Would love to live there but think I'm more suited to other unis.
Good luck- let me know how it goes!
Reply 107
I love the town! Would love to live there but think I'm more suited to other unis.
Good luck- let me know how it goes!

Thankyou and yes will tell you :smile:
Original post by caitspearson
It's alright, I hope you do too! Thanks :smile: the interviewers are great and it's a really chilled day. I loved UEA probably the most, the campus, city and teachers are all great so fingers crossed I get offered a place! You could email/ring them and they may offer you another interview date? I had oxford Brooke's and UEA on the same day but I emailed and oxford Brooke's offered me a later date, give it a try maybe? I've also applied to London South bank, Northampton, Brunel and Oxford Brooke's :smile: just waiting to hear from UEA as I withdrew from London South bank. You're welcome I hope it goes well for you :smile:

Hi :smile:
Sorry for not replying sooner. In the end I rescheduled my Cardiff interview and went to UEA instead! Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the day. I thought I'd be freaking out over the interview but everyone there was so nice and the campus was lovely. I felt the interview went okay in three out of the four stages. I thought the section with the audio tape was quite tough to talk about for 5 mins! Well, hopefully we'll both get offered a place:smile:
Is UEA your first choice then? Have you heard anything from them yet?
Reply 109
Has anyone had an interview at Canterbury? If so what should I expect? I've got one at Derby the day after as well so a busy old couple of days!
I have my first interview next Wednesday for Robert Gordan, Aberdeen. Has anyone had an interview with them? Any pointers would be great :smile:
Reply 111
Original post by chanel1995
Sorry for not replying sooner. In the end I rescheduled my Cardiff interview and went to UEA instead! Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the day. I thought I'd be freaking out over the interview but everyone there was so nice and the campus was lovely. I felt the interview went okay in three out of the four stages. I thought the section with the audio tape was quite tough to talk about for 5 mins! Well, hopefully we'll both get offered a place:smile:

Hi I applied to UEA as well and I am going to an interview on this wednesday i am so nervous!! There were 4 sections in the interview that must be very stressful!! Do you mind telling me what the 4 sections were? I hope you can get an offer from them! good luck!
Original post by dingto
Hi I applied to UEA as well and I am going to an interview on this wednesday i am so nervous!! There were 4 sections in the interview that must be very stressful!! Do you mind telling me what the 4 sections were? I hope you can get an offer from them! good luck!

Hi:smile:
Good luck in your interview on Weds. There's no need to be nervous, everybody is so nice there-you'll be absolutely fine! I was really nervous beforehand but I was with such a lovely group of people there that it was actually fine! Is this your first interview?
The interview wasn't too bad really as the interviewers were really nice and understanding. I can't remember the exact questions but it was something like this...basically what is OT and what are your experiences with OT? (work experience) What qualities are needed to be an OT? What makes a good team player? In the final stage you had to listen to an audio tape and then answer questions-that's the one I found most difficult!
Thanks I hope you get an offer too:smile: Good luck!!
Reply 113
Hi:smile:
Good luck in your interview on Weds. There's no need to be nervous, everybody is so nice there-you'll be absolutely fine! I was really nervous beforehand but I was with such a lovely group of people there that it was actually fine! Is this your first interview?
The interview wasn't too bad really as the interviewers were really nice and understanding. I can't remember the exact questions but it was something like this...basically what is OT and what are your experiences with OT? (work experience) What qualities are needed to be an OT? What makes a good team player? In the final stage you had to listen to an audio tape and then answer questions-that's the one I found most difficult!
Thanks I hope you get an offer too:smile: Good luck!!

Thank you very much for replying I think I should stop worrying now haha and yes its my first proper interview so thats why I am so nervous!!
Reply 114

I had an interview at UEA in November and they've only just got back to me today, with an offer, so I wouldn't worry if anyone's been waiting for ages, because they take so long!
Reply 115
anyone heard back from southampton yet?
Original post by dingto
Thank you very much for replying I think I should stop worrying now haha and yes its my first proper interview so thats why I am so nervous!!

No problem! I actually got an offer from them today:smile: I couldn't believe it because my interview was only last Weds! Don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck again.
Original post by ruthghaly
anyone heard back from southampton yet?

Got an interview for may :smile:
Reply 118
Got an interview for may :smile:

ahh i've had my interview/selection day thing, just waiting to see if they're going to give me an offer or not :P
Reply 119
No problem! I actually got an offer from them today:smile: I couldn't believe it because my interview was only last Weds! Don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck again.

congradulations!!!!! i hope to hear from them soon haha

Quick Reply

Latest