The Student Room Group

Leceister Labour Party caught on vide admitting they discriminate against Brits

The Leicester Labour party caught on video saying the Labour party discriminate against British people and will only protect people if they are discriminated against if they are an ethnic minority

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&gl=GB&feature=youtu.be&v=CIF_biJ8roo

Can you imagine the uproar if Labour had said they discriminared against muslims or blacks
Reply 1
I don't know the full context but from what I heard in the video, that shouldn't have been allowed to happen. It's wrong and should have been reported to the authorities immediately; it isn't for that councillor to decide whether it's discrimination or not - it's for the police, and if necessary, the courts, to decide.

With that being said, I think your comment that they "discriminate against Brits" is misleading. They discriminated against British in this instance, I accept, but that doesn't mean that there is some kind of collusion going on within the party to actively discriminate against British people, as you're implying.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ace123
The Leicester Labour party caught on video saying the Labour party discriminate against British people and will only protect people if they are discriminated against if they are an ethnic minority

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&gl=GB&feature=youtu.be&v=CIF_biJ8roo

Can you imagine the uproar if Labour had said they discriminared against muslims or blacks

To the stuff in bold: this is wrong. The man accepted that the Labour party 'discriminated' against British people on one occasion. He did NOT say that the Labour Party disciminate against British people in general. In addition, he also did NOT say that the Labour Party will only protect people of an ethnic minority (from discrimination).

May you please stop spreading lies and bending the truth? You do so on pretty much most threads you make.

Unless, of course, that I have just misheard the discussion the two men were having. If so, then may you state the times in the video when the man explicitly states the two things you claim that he says?
Original post by Burridge
I don't know the full context but from what I heard in the video, that shouldn't have been allowed to happen. It's wrong and should have been reported to the authorities immediately; it isn't for that councillor to decide whether it's discrimination or not - it's for the police, and if necessary, the courts, to decide.

I agree. Not being able to recognise discrimination is one thing, but then failing to go to the police about it is rather stupid.
Reply 4
Original post by SHallowvale
To the stuff in bold: this is wrong. The man accepted that the Labour party 'discriminated' against British people on one occasion. He did NOT say that the Labour Party disciminate against British people in general. In addition, he also did NOT say that the Labour Party will only protect people of an ethnic minority (from discrimination).

May you please stop spreading lies and bending the truth? You do so on pretty much most threads you make.

Unless, of course, that I have just misheard the discussion the two men were having. If so, then may you state the times in the video when the man explicitly states the two things you claim that he says?

I agree 100%. I was actually in the middle of amending my post to point the same thing out whilst you posted yours! But yes, I can only imagine that OP is on some kind of Labour party smear campaign?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Lord Glasman, who himself is a labour peer, said that the Labour Party was 'hostile' to the English (white) working classes.

It's not so much of a labour problem as a problem of political correctness itself, which doesn't like to admit to anti-white racism.
Reply 6
Original post by imtelling
Lord Glasman, who himself is a labour peer, said that the Labour Party was 'hostile' to the English (white) working classes.

Do you have a source to back this up? Perhaps a transcript of a speech? I can't seen to find anything on the internet to support this.
Reply 7
Original post by Burridge
Do you have a source to back this up? Perhaps a transcript of a speech? I can't seen to find anything on the internet to support this.

Sure:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1377477/Ed-Miliband-ally-attacks-Labour-migration-lies.html

BBC also picked up on it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nickrobinson/2011/04/ed_miliband_we.html

The full quote:

‘In many ways [Labour] viewed working-class voters as an obstacle to progress.‘Their commitment to various civil rights, anti-racism, meant that often working-class voters... were seen as racist, resistant to change, homophobic and generally reactionary.
‘So in many ways you had a terrible situation where a Labour government was hostile to the English working class.’

(edited 10 years ago)
6th June 2013

ancient much?
Reply 9
Original post by Ace123

That's not quite how Labour works. They discriminate against white British people unless they are married to current Labour MPs.

Then they just give them safe seats instead. :colondollar:

Not that I'm saying the Conservatives or LibDems are any better mind with their own antics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending