The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry and Biology..

I currently am using the textbooks 'recommended' by my school, and I'm finding they're not much use for me. Are there any books that people are using that they particularly recommend?

I would also be grateful if there's any particular revision websites and/or youtube revision channels that you recommend.:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
The CGP book for chemistry is really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
what spec are you on?
Reply 3
CGP books are generally great for revision

For chemistry in particular check out chemguide.co.uk and http://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/
BOZEMAN SCIENCE IS AMAZING. He is on youtube and if you just search his name into google, he has a website. He is so helpful for Biology, you have no idea. He makes things alot clearer (for me anyway)
Reply 5
Original post by egmpb
what spec are you on?

OCR A :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by nosociallife
BOZEMAN SCIENCE IS AMAZING. He is on youtube and if you just search his name into google, he has a website. He is so helpful for Biology, you have no idea. He makes things alot clearer (for me anyway)

CrashCourse is good too :smile:
Original post by TajwarC
CrashCourse is good too :smile:

yeah! I love crash course! Is that the one with Hank/John Green in it? I love them so much! YouTube videos are actually life savers sometimes!
Reply 8
www.chemguide.co.uk
or
www.khanacademy.org

I find the CPG books really useful, but some topics in chemistry you just really can't teach yourself, you have to have a proper explanation in person (from previous experience anyway)

good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by Nahmed:)
The CGP book for chemistry is really good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I went on the CGP website and I'm not sure what type of revision book to get! Do you recommend the 'Complete Revision and Practice' range of AS/A2 combined or just AS, or the 'Student Book' range?
Reply 10
Original post by nosociallife
yeah! I love crash course! Is that the one with Hank/John Green in it? I love them so much! YouTube videos are actually life savers sometimes!

That's the one:biggrin: The one about DNA is legendary haha
Reply 11
Original post by Westeros
www.chemguide.co.uk
or
www.khanacademy.org

I find the CPG books really useful, but some topics in chemistry you just really can't teach yourself, you have to have a proper explanation in person (from previous experience anyway)

good luck!

[INDENT]Thanks, I went on the CGP website and I'm not sure what type of revision book to get! Do you recommend the 'Complete Revision and Practice' range of AS/A2 combined or just AS, or the 'Student Book' range?[/INDENT]

Reply 12
Original post by Shanahey
Thanks, I went on the CGP website and I'm not sure what type of revision book to get! Do you recommend the 'Complete Revision and Practice' range of AS/A2 combined or just AS, or the 'Student Book' range?

I have the 'Complete Revision and Practice' for AS :smile:)) the actual OCR A textbook is really good too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TajwarC
That's the one:biggrin: The one about DNA is legendary haha

I LOVE THE ONE ON DNA! I wish I knew them in real life! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending