The Student Room Group

would you find sex with someone you didn't find attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by JaiiStarh
I really couldn't. I kissed someone the other day and realised I wasn't physically attracted to them and suddenly I felt like throwing up lol. I couldn't even imagine having sex with someone I wasn't attracted to.

To all the guys who say 'yes', they give out 'sympathy' shags and such it makes me wonder how unattractive you must be if you can't even pull an average 5/10 so you have to settle for someone you're not even attracted to lol.

If you rate a 5/10 girl as attractive then it makes me wonder how unattractive you are.
Original post by Conzy210
If you rate a 5/10 girl as attractive then it makes me wonder how unattractive you are.

Oh dear. The insecure lads are out to play today. Nowhere did I say a 5/10 is attractive.... In fact I said a 5/10 in average. Please read my reply before quoting me thus time :rolleyes:
Reply 42
Original post by JaiiStarh
Oh dear. The insecure lads are out to play today. Nowhere did I say a 5/10 is attractive.... In fact I said a 5/10 in average. Please read my reply before quoting me thus time :rolleyes:

If you do not find a 5/10 unattractive, you find her attractive. Simple as that.
Reply 43
No I think you can find someone in the middle to be honest. I can look at a girl and think, we'll she's not pretty, but she's not ugly either. She's sort of ok. I wouldn't class that as unattractive nor pretty. And, that's the only standard I have regarding looks. From there on it's all personality. As long as you're not ugly, it's fine. I'm not one who has to have a stunner. Yeah, the better looking the better it is but as a rule of thumb if you're okay then you've passed the "looks" side of it. If you have a great personality you'll be seen as instantly more attractive than just "ok" in any case as I think the more of a likeness you develop for someone in turn increases how attractive they are, even if not aesthetically (on the outside).

So looks do matter, just nowhere near as much as people make it out.

To answer the question: For solely casual sex then I'd probably want someone to be hotter than my usual standard yes but I don't do and never have done casual sex.
(edited 10 years ago)
I have, probably wouldn't away from the influence of alcohol though haha.
Then again, they could turn out to be amazing in the sack :dontknow:

(In this case he didn't)
(edited 10 years ago)
Depends on what you call attractive and where you draw the line, as well as your own attractiveness I suppose.

I personally see myself as a 5 or 6/10 in looks, but i still think you can like a girl and want to have a relationship with them even if they're not stunning. Besides, many of the girls I like tend to be rated lower than the more "popular" girls in my opinion.
(edited 10 years ago)
look we are not talking relationship here, we are talking about a shag, which to a bloke is just a release not an opening episode in a life long romance, Now
apart from having a fully functioning vagina, I don't really think much else is needed, ok rubbery lips and small hands are a bonus LOL.

Still think all you blokes saying no not for me are b/s merchants!

KRO
Reply 47
Not really. The kind of sex I enjoy and want, no matter how long it will be until I do it next, requires a bit of passion. I don't think I could ever have sexual passion with someone I wasn't even slightly attracted to. And I'm not usually attracted to the 'attractive' aesthetics, it's more how someone is, how they carry themselves, how they interact, that attracts me. Vital for good sex. And I never want/need anything but good sex, I'd rather look after myself if I can't get it. P:
Ask yourselves this question after 25 years of marriage...
Reply 49
Original post by Des the bluenose
look we are not talking relationship here, we are talking about a shag, which to a bloke is just a release not an opening episode in a life long romance, Now
apart from having a fully functioning vagina, I don't really think much else is needed, ok rubbery lips and small hands are a bonus LOL.

Still think all you blokes saying no not for me are b/s merchants!

KRO

lol this, they're fos. ''elbows too pointy, maybe after 15 beers''. not surprised by the female response though, very predictable. sexual selection barely applies to women, much like with other animals. isn't evolution fascinating? we are millions of years apart from other animals yet the basic rules still apply. ''men need a place, women need a reason''. :h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes.
Reply 51
Surprised to see so many girls saying yes, disappointed I haven't seen this reflected IRL.
No
No, not even when alcohol is concerned. When I drink I become brutally honest so guys who don't do it for me personality-wise or looks-wise get the elbow definitely.

Every single person I have slept with I have found attractive.
Reply 54
No, why risk std's and/or aids(literally) for someone you don't even like? That's what vibrators are for.
Reply 56
No. I stayed single for 7 years even though I had a few opportunities with people 'I wouldnt', and 'I didn't'.

Being single is absolutely fantastic and it takes a really special woman to prise you away from that brilliant life.
I have found a woman 'I love to' now though and 'I do' - lots :biggrin:

those who are single and whinging - enjoy ffs its brill!!

not that I'd swap my life now but its still ace having nothing but freedom to do what you want when you like :biggrin:
Reply 57
I've done ugly chicks in the past to end a dry spell but I wouldn't do it now, unless they had some sort of quality like massive jugs.
Reply 58
Just to point out that this doesn't prove anything other than that people are aware of the social expectations upon them and find it difficult to ignore them.
Reply 59
Blokes with low standards are more likely to admit it that girls with low standards who are probably terrified of being denigrated as a "slut" or some equally repulsive and misogynistic term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending