The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XingBairong
For Barts, I think GCSEs is not included in the UCAS tariff they are using.
Just level 3 stuffs and extracurricular like music exams.

I know I know, I mean hopefully I have AAAA at AS and I already have music exams
Reply 2341
Guys when do barts start giving out offers? Mid/end march?
I've read on ealrier posts that its usually 2nd week of march, around the 12th someone said. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2343
Original post by medic321
Guys when do barts start giving out offers? Mid/end march?

Last yr they told me 1st week of march. Offer came on 7th
Reply 2344
Original post by games211
that is so unfair on those who have already done their interviews..
Would be funny if you do not get an offer coz you were one point off :biggrin:

Well y make it so competitive? Even if u don't get in by learning off others and through the int u have experienced u already r better off. Yes everyone is scored individually but if others get it with tips we must still congratulate them for maximizing the help they have received n also being able to showcase their superiority and nail it when it mattered most.
Original post by AdaamCarter
I know I know, I mean hopefully I have AAAA at AS and I already have music exams

If their admissions policy remains the same for your cycle, they tally up your predicted UCAS tariff scores, including Music etc with your UKCAT score, the highest are then invited to interview.
The 'threshold' as such for interview will depend on how well the rest of your cohort does.

Offers are based on grades, not points, but they would expect you to at least do moderately well in the grades you have been predicted (i.e. Not achieving AAA if you were predicted 500 A*s at A2).
Reply 2346
Original post by Matthew150
If their admissions policy remains the same for your cycle, they tally up your predicted UCAS tariff scores, including Music etc with your UKCAT score, the highest are then invited to interview.
The 'threshold' as such for interview will depend on how well the rest of your cohort does.

Offers are based on grades, not points, but they would expect you to at least do moderately well in the grades you have been predicted (i.e. Not achieving AAA if you were predicted 500 A*s at A2).

Just wondering. Anyone know how singapore a lvls are scored? There is no points table on ucas website
Original post by Huatah
Just wondering. Anyone know how singapore a lvls are scored? There is no points table on ucas website

Sorry, no idea about that, that is something to call Barts directly about.
Oh man got my interview tomorrow cannot wait till its over
Original post by Physicsrules23

We can't give specific information about interviews, but I can say that they are all really really friendly.

I know everyone says that, but they genuinely were. I mean obviously it was still a tense situation, but it felt they were genuinely trying to get to know you, rather than to intimidate or catch you out.
Do they have the personal statement?
Original post by Matthew150
We can't give specific information about interviews, but I can say that they are all really really friendly.

I know everyone says that, but they genuinely were. I mean obviously it was still a tense situation, but it felt they were genuinely trying to get to know you, rather than to intimidate or catch you out.

Thats nice to hear. Although I expected my Manchester interviewers to be nice also and they really werent. Ended up getting a rejection there so really need to go for it tomorrow
Reply 2352
Interview sooon - Wish me luck!

and thank you everybody for posting on this thread ..its really helped :tongue:
Yeah I had my interview this morning and there was definitely a good cop bad cop thing going on!
Original post by Physicsrules23

Mine is tomorrow too :smile: what time is yours?
Original post by tillylowkis
Mine is tomorrow too :smile: what time is yours?

Ive literally just had mine :smile: I can confirm that the interviewers were really friendly people
Reply 2356
Are we allowed to take notes in with us? I assume not but just in case, also is the article provided or should I bring it?
Reply 2357
Original post by Doodle00
Are we allowed to take notes in with us? I assume not but just in case, also is the article provided or should I bring it?

No you're not allowed anything in the interview with you....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2358
Original post by hks123
No you're not allowed anything in the interview with you....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks, I know it sounded like a silly question but I just wanted to make sure.
My interviewers were lovely! Really hoping I get this one :flip:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending