The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3900
Original post by MrAli786
The email saying your still being considered but didn't mention anything about score.
It was posted 2-3 posts before mine by another member.

Did people who received message saying you achieved an competitive score receive an email saying your still being considered a few days ago

Yes i got that email aswell. I have no idea what to make of all this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by MrAli786
The email saying your still being considered but didn't mention anything about score.
It was posted 2-3 posts before mine by another member.

Did people who received message saying you achieved an competitive score receive an email saying your still being considered a few days ago

I received both messages

The first on fridat at 11.45, the other this morning. I check when I read the thread here and it was there (received it twice as well).

To those who havent got it, I would think some decisions will come tonight and in the next few days.

For us they will probably compare UKCAT scores and then essays. My ukcat is 800, hope it will be enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3902
Oh yeah, I just checked portal and had the Message about not good enough first time round but still in the hunt..

I didn't get an email notifying that I had a portal message though ..so maybe just go on and check?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Razer_M
Oh yeah, I just checked portal and had the Message about not good enough first time round but still in the hunt..

I didn't get an email notifying that I had a portal message though ..so maybe just go on and check?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the system automatically sends notification emails at 7.30pm so we'll all get the "something has changed" emails tonight...wonder if they just sent it to everyone who is waiting and how many "first round offers" where made

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jeez guys there's no need to worry about this message. All it means is we didn't have an absolutely amazing score which made them want to give us an offer right this second, but we still scored highly enough for them to be considering us. They've only given offers to the exceptional ones, which, unsurprisingly, there are a lot of on the student room. I'm sure they've given quite a few rejections post-interview as well, but there won't have been that many on here. We are just sitting in the middle, and they're going to compare us before deciding who else to give offers to.

To summarise, chill out! :tongue:
Is it possible to find out your own interview score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same exact one (automated, via email and not portal) ^ on Friday but nothing through my portal today... Anyone else in this position?

...Although I am international and only interviewed about a week ago so maybe I'm overthinking this...
Ah the 'still being considered' email is frustrating

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flobie
I totally understand, but shouldn't we really let them find this information out for themselves? When I had my interview invite I scrutinised over every word on the letter, portal and website for any information I could get. Asking people on here just seems like the easy option, especially when the info is right in front of them on the letter!

I know now you were trying to help don't worry, but I think if people really want to get into kings they should find out everything the way we did and do their own prep. :smile:

That is true, but the only way you can really be helpful is by saying what they already know from their interview letter, which the person I replied to seemed to have slightly misunderstood (from what I got from their post) so I was trying to point them in the right direction :smile:
Saying anything more than that is unfair as it gives other candidates an advantage that we didn't have, apart from the fact that it is just really dishonest.
Original post by LoonyLuna
That is true, but the only way you can really be helpful is by saying what they already know from their interview letter, which the person I replied to seemed to have slightly misunderstood (from what I got from their post) so I was trying to point them in the right direction :smile:
Saying anything more than that is unfair as it gives other candidates an advantage that we didn't have, apart from the fact that it is just really dishonest.

Fair enough :smile: we should all be careful though, if someone got an offer over me I'd want it to be fair and square!
Original post by yasmin.mahfouz
Ah the 'still being considered' email is frustrating

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: Do you mean the one on Friday or today?
Original post by Cephalosporin
:smile: Do you mean the one on Friday or today?

Today 💔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3912
Original post by Samarpanam
What is your UKCAT if you don't mind?

I got 710. I wasn't really expecting an interview.
Hey, I messaged Kings a few days ago asking why they took ages to get back after interview, and they said there was a technical issue which has now been resolved. This now coincides with the 'competitive and still being considered' message myself and others have received today. Hopefully decisions should start coming in thick and fast over the next few weeks for those of us who are stuck in the middle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3914
ahh, this message is so frustrating! i feel like it's going to be a rejection for most of the pooled group i'm afraid :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lixto
ahh, this message is so frustrating! i feel like it's going to be a rejection for most of the pooled group i'm afraid :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nahh they'll have given out offers to the top 20% or so only, and cut off the bottom 20%.. they give offers to 60% of people that leaves 20% of the offers to 40% of the people interviewed..so 50% chance give or take!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sausagerolled
Nahh they'll have given out offers to the top 20% or so only, and cut off the bottom 20%.. they give offers to 60% of people that leaves 20% of the offers to 40% of the people interviewed..so 50% chance give or take!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wat
Original post by Dandaman9999
Wat

Scratch that, I mean there's roughly 60% of people yet to hear who have been interviewed, and 40% of the total. number of interviewees to give offers to.. so roughly 2/3 of people in the 'pool' should get offers! Unless they have rejected more than 20% already, or given offers to more than the top 20%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3918
Just got this message through email at 7:32pm. Checked the portal and nothing :s can someone shed some light on this?? Kings why are u doing this to meee :'(ImageUploadedByStudent Room1393270759.387706.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3919
Original post by Tuni530
Just got this message through email at 7:32pm. Checked the portal and nothing :s can someone shed some light on this?? Kings why are u doing this to meee :'(ImageUploadedByStudent Room1393270759.387706.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

It probably a new message that quite a few of us got today, saying you achieved a competitive score at interview but didn't score highly enough in order to be made an offer in the first round....
Check your messages though

Quick Reply

Latest