The Student Room Group

Gap360 - What's the company like?

Hi there,

I'm looking into booking a trip with the company Gap360 for next year when I finish University and just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them?

Are they reliable?
Are they good value?
Do they give good support?

Particularly interested if anyone has been on the 'South Africa Wild Adventure' trip?

Just wanting to get some opinions before I book with them! :smile:

Thanks in advance
Anyone?!
Reply 2
Original post by Joanna-Marie :)
Hi there,

I'm looking into booking a trip with the company Gap360 for next year when I finish University and just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them?

Are they reliable?
Are they good value?

Particularly interested if anyone has been on the 'South Africa Wild Adventure' trip?

Just wanting to get some opinions before I book with them!

Thanks in advance

Hey, I went on the South Africa Wild Adventure with Gap 360 last summer, I had the best month of my life! I would definitely recommend going! Gap 360 are good although they do put a few things on the itinery that you don't actually do.
Original post by Lauren2795
Hey, I went on the South Africa Wild Adventure with Gap 360 last summer, I had the best month of my life! I would definitely recommend going! Gap 360 are good although they do put a few things on the itinery that you don't actually do.

Thanks for replying! Great - glad to hear you had a good time and that the company are good! :smile: What sort of thing didn't you do that you thought you would or were looking forward to?

Also how much did you end up spending in total? (If you don't mind me asking) trying to get an idea of budget! :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks for replying! Great - glad to hear you had a good time and that the company are good! :smile: What sort of thing didn't you do that you thought you would or were looking forward to?

Also how much did you end up spending in total? (If you don't mind me asking) trying to get an idea of budget! :smile:

It was just little things really, nothing major, but in the brochure it said about having dinner with the locals, feeding the rhinos, and going to the pub ( although we managed to go to one in Sabie) that we didn't get to do.
i think it cost me about £3000, you don't spend a lot whilst your there because everything is so cheap so it's mainly just paying for the trip, flights and that type of stuff
It was just little things really, nothing major, but in the brochure it said about having dinner with the locals, feeding the rhinos, and going to the pub ( although we managed to go to one in Sabie) that we didn't get to do.
i think it cost me about £3000, you don't spend a lot whilst your there because everything is so cheap so it's mainly just paying for the trip, flights and that type of stuff

Aaah, that's not that dramatic then! :smile:
Thanks very much for the info! :smile: Looks like I'll be booking this trip soon then!
Reply 6
Ahh you'll have an amazing time! I'd be back there straight away if I had the chance!
Reply 7
3K for one month in one country? I spent less than 3K on 15 countries over 9 months. As far as out there as Iraq.

Why would you spend so much money?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I paid that because I wanted to go on an organised trip and most of them are expensive
Original post by eddyc2012
3K for one month in one country? I spent less than 3K on 15 countries over 9 months. As far as out there as Iraq.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm only considering it because it's the 'easiest' option. I have very little time and I'd like to go on an organised trip which gives a fairly indepth view of the place.

Booked the trip today :smile:
I know I'm being a pain but are there anything you recommend taking particularly? Kit? Insect repellent wise? ect? Thanks :smile:
Reply 11
aww you'll have an amazing time! What month are you going in? I went in July and it would be pretty cold at night and really hot in the day so if your going in winter take a mixture of summer and winter clothes. Make sure you take something with you that you can go on the internet with because they don't have any computers there that you can use or anything, when I went I asked gap 360 if I should take my laptop and they said don't because there would be stuff there so luckily I could use my ipod to talk to my family. Take a head torch, the lighting is really bad where you cook so when its dark its really hard to cook and hold a torch :smile: Depending on how you are with bugs, I would say take a mosquito net, when I was there I didn't see any mosquitos but it was so nice being able to sleep knowing the other bugs couldn't get to me! I think that's most things, if you want to know anything else just ask :smile:
Firstly, we had a unsafe bus driver who swerved on the road and hit kerbs and the tour guide (who drove the bus) never seemed to be around and we were often left without a guide! At several places we stayed everybody had dirty sheets with stains and at some we feared bed bugs! Unfortunately for us the weather was unkind and there was flooding in Townsville and airlie beach which prevented us going any further north..granted this was not gap360’s fault however they were extremely unhelpful in helping us reorganise the rest of our trip and gave us a pitiful refund. We had to call gap360 up to ask what would be happening instead and it wasn’t until the 3rd or 4th call to them (at 10pm the night before we were supposed to catch a bus up north at 9am) did we finally get some sort of answer. As gap360 Farm the tour out to other conpanies they were out of control of it and did nothing to help us. The gap360 team were aggressive and condescending and wrote some very unpleasant emails. I was on the east coast and outback tour; I was told over the phone that 5 others at least would be doing the trip with me. When I got there I found out that the trip was actually made up of 2 separate trips (Sydney to cairns) and (Alice springs to Darwin) of which no one else was doing! I was then told that I had no evidence that I had ever been told 5 people were going to be on the trip as it wasn’t an email it was over the phone (so ensure you email everything to document it). Apparently there were going to be some other people on the outback part of my tour but having heard another women say she travelled with one other girl for the outback trip who was German so they couldn’t understand one another, I decided to cancel the second part of my trip. Again a very pitiful refund was given despite me giving over 10 days notice. I would strongly recommend NOT using gap360 as they take all your money and then don’t help you out. Frankly the anxiety and stress they caused me and all the others on my trip is unacceptable and I might as well have done greyhound bus service because it was cheaper and at least then you are in control of your activities and frankly gap360 made the experience harder. I would recommended topdeck (for a guided tour) or greyhound buses (If you are happy to be a bit more independent and more flexible). I put all my savings into this trip so it was sad it wasn’t what I was expecting. Some of the activities stated in the itinerary we never did and I overall feel the trip was a huge let down. I have to say the best part of my trip was after We left the tour due to the weather and had so much fun with 4 other girls I met, who without them, I would have 100% flown home before even getting to cairns!
Hi there,

Are they reliable?
Are they good value?

Just wanting to get some opinions before I book with them! :smile:

Thanks in advance

I don't know much about Gap 360 but you can check to go discover abroad, one of my friends went with them to Australia
I would recommend viewing Gap 360 reviews or checking their Facebook page and contact past participants direct who have been on the trip you are interested in. This is a good list of good gap year companies to book with if you are still researching options :smile:
Original post by sahilgda
I don't know much about Gap 360 but you can check to go discover abroad, one of my friends went with them to Australia

Not at all reliable. Do not book with this company. Over half our trip was cancelled (in all fairness this was not their fault it was due to weather) but they gave us an insufficient refund and I mean tiny and we had to do everything ourselves with trying to rebook accomodation and get the refund and were dealt with very poorly.
Original post by eddyc2012

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did you sort it out/budget the prices by yourself ? im taking a gap year before uni and am looking into gap360 cause i’m not the best at organisation hut if there are cheaper alternatives please do tell how i arrange that and stuff

Quick Reply

Latest