The Student Room Group

So I went to a pool party and...

So, yesterday, I went to this pool party for my friend's birthday. Strangely enough, I was the only one there in a bikini while the other girls wore one-pieces. Talk about standing out... :s-smilie:

Is there a current trend that I don't know about?
Reply 1
Original post by JulietheCat
So, yesterday, I went to this pool party for my friend's birthday. Strangely enough, I was the only one there in a bikini while the other girls wore one-pieces. Talk about standing out... :s-smilie:

Who cares?

Do they have good bodies?

Perhaps they're trying to cover up their Christmas, and January, and February pounds.

fatties gon fat.
Reply 2
Original post by tehforum
Who cares?

Do they have good bodies?

Perhaps they're trying to cover up their Christmas, and January, and February pounds.

fatties gon fat.

Most of them are slim, some of them are even slimmer than me. And yet you see movies where 98% of women wear bikinis and 99.999999% of men wear shorts. Society rules on swimwear = broken all the time.

I remember gym class and pool parties in my younger days. I was the only one in a Speedo and no-one ever batted an eyelid. The other guys wore shorts because they felt comfortable in them, not necessarily because they wanted to hide their bodies more. At least that's what they told me anyway. :smile:
Reply 4
Most of them are slim, some of them are even slimmer than me. And yet you see movies where 98% of women wear bikinis and 99.999999% of men wear shorts. Society rules on swimwear = broken all the time.

lol @ 'some of them are even slimmer than me'
A current trend- cold weather. Unless it was in Las Vegas or Australia.
Reply 6
Original post by barnetlad
A current trend- cold weather. Unless it was in Las Vegas or Australia.

Or indoors?

Maybe they were cold?
Reply 8
Original post by hellsyeah
lol @ 'some of them are even slimmer than me'

Why? Some of them look like models in comparison and I look like a chubby person in comparison to them.

And it was indoors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by SecretDuck
I remember gym class and pool parties in my younger days. I was the only one in a Speedo and no-one ever batted an eyelid. The other guys wore shorts because they felt comfortable in them, not necessarily because they wanted to hide their bodies more. At least that's what they told me anyway. :smile:

Guys are different. Most of them wear shorts so why was I the odd one out when most girls wear bikinis? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys are different. Most of them wear shorts so why was I the odd one out when most girls wear bikinis? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Movies aren't reality, though. I've seen girls wear more one pieces than bikinis in my life. Maybe bikinis are more suited towards the beach like swim shorts are?
Maybe they were uncomfortable donning a bikini for whatever reason!
Reply 12
How old are they?
Reply 13
Original post by Fashion Girl
Maybe they were uncomfortable donning a bikini for whatever reason!

Maybe but it surely contradicts what I see in movies. :s-smilie:

Original post by StacyJ
How old are they?

19-22 mostly.

Quick Reply