The Student Room Group

The Friend Zone

Anyone asked a girl out and been given the friend zone card? :ashamed2:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have not experienced "the friend zone card" yet. Mainly, because I've never asked a girl out.
Reply 2
no i haven't been friend-zoned

but i have seen guys who have ….they have to be all smiles as the girl they want kisses her boyfriend its pathetic to be honest .
people never seem to mention that even if your friend rejects you and you stay friends, it's not necessarily because you are pathetic, it might because you want to be FRIENDS. Just because they have rejected you does not mean you can't get over it, there is no point throwing away a good friendship!
No I haven't.

Not gonna lie, I have little sympathy for people who end up in the friend zone then complain about it.
Reply 5
I've been both lucky and unlucky.

The three relationships I've been in, the girl had always confessed their feelings for me first.

I've made the first move only twice. The first time I told a close friend I liked her, she stopped speaking to me forever and pretended I didn't exist. We were 15 at the time. It was the first time I ever found the courage to make the first move.

Recently around New Years I told another girl I liked her. Me and her would speak till 4 am every day during holidays about anything and everything. She told me personal stuff which you wouldn't tell normal friends. Eventually I told her and she said she liked some one else, and just saw us as friends. I got the message. For the first week I was trying to avoid her even though she was speaking to me. Eventually I got over it and were still friends but I have no sort of feelings like I use to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by CTArsenal

Attachment not found

Almost everytime i ask a girl out, you learn to live with it
Reply 7
I don't ask out friends ... If I have known someone longer than a month and socialized with them almost daily in that period, they are friends, I haven't asked them out and they haven't asked me out ...we're friends.

Even if I find them attractive, it's just a personal rule I stand by, keeps things a lot simpler nowadays.
Original post by Padwas
no i haven't been friend-zoned

but i have seen guys who have ….they have to be all smiles as the girl they want kisses her boyfriend its pathetic to be honest .

That's not pathetic, a guy in that situation should be ''all smiles'', accept his fate and move on
Original post by Anonymous
people never seem to mention that even if your friend rejects you and you stay friends, it's not necessarily because you are pathetic, it might because you want to be FRIENDS. Just because they have rejected you does not mean you can't get over it, there is no point throwing away a good friendship!

This, so much.
I asked out a girl awhile back.
She was a friend (not very close and hadn't known her for that long), and she said no (in a roundabout way...).

I'm still friends with her, and we get on really well. Of course I wanted her to say yes, but I valued our friendship and wanted to remain friends if she said no.
Reply 10
Not a good idea to stay friends with someone you have unrequited feelings for in most cases.
Yes, some boys. I think they are just not very into me sexually.
Reply 12

I have friend zoned a boy.. :/ he said he was glad he at least tried.

but may I ask, and expect an honest answer, are you asking because you want to ask a girl out and are scared of facing the friend zone or because you've been given the card?
Reply 13
Oh God. The stereotypes.
Original post by Standard Procedure
This, so much.
I asked out a girl awhile back.
She was a friend (not very close and hadn't known her for that long), and she said no (in a roundabout way...).

I'm still friends with her, and we get on really well. Of course I wanted her to say yes, but I valued our friendship and wanted to remain friends if she said no.

What irritates me more than the friendzone is people who can't be platonic friends with a member of the opposite sex (if they're both straight, I mean). I mean guys/girls who are only interested in the opposite sex for romantic reasons and almost don't view them to have any value otherwise.

Well I'm a girl, and I'm going to ask the guy I like out soon (if I don't chicken out), hopefully he doesn't friend zone me!
Original post by Temporality
What irritates me more than the friendzone is people who can't be platonic friends with a member of the opposite sex (if they're both straight, I mean). I mean guys/girls who are only interested in the opposite sex for romantic reasons and almost don't view them to have any value otherwise.

I like the way you think in both this thread and the new one. For this I thread I was always close friends with girls, nothing more than a hug. Maybe that's why i'm 32 and lonely with no girl friend, i only saw a friend once every 3 months there abouts, i guess it wasn't full friendship but who knows. And i didn't think about any other girls even while just being friends with her.
This guy I talk to a lot refers to us as best friends but talks a lot about 'if we were a couple...'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Most people I guess.

Its well worth avoiding. The secret is to test the water and risk assess before you ask them out and forget it if it is clear this is on the cards. Usually friendzone situations work out badly due to the mismatch of expectations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending